wanting support with POCS

Options
hey all

i recently have been diagnosed with POCS and looking for success stories that it dose get better and also some supporting tips from you . please feel free to add me if you are keen to be friends :)

look forward to talking to you :)

Replies

• WifeofPJ
    WifeofPJ Posts: 312
    Options
    I'm not a success story yet but I can offer support. I was diagnosed a little over 2 months again. I had started MFP just before I was diagnosed. Since January I have lost 32 lbs, and after going on metformin I have started to ovulate so hoping that in the coming months I will be a fertility success story. There are two great websites that I know of they are PCOSDIVA and PCOSnutrition. I just recently got the PCOS workbook from the PCOSNutrition site and I'm very excited to go through it as it deals with the physical and emotional issues with PCOS. So if you are looking for someone who is also newly diagnosed and is going through the emotional up and downs you most likely are feel free to add me as a friend. Good luck in your journey to reducing the symptoms of PCOS.
  • lexif14
    lexif14 Posts: 23
    Options
    I was diagnoised with PCOS when I was 17 I'm 28 now and still getting there with it. Its definately a tough process to learn what will and wont work for you and there is no set rules but I'm happy and stedily getting healthy. I am going to look at the book though I love the forums for tips like that

Cheers
  • Tamicejl
    Tamicejl Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hello...

I can't look at myself as a success story... more like a work in process..... I've been fighting PCOS for 11 years now actively. Tryed natural options ..... discontinued.... back on my meds. So I can support and provide info. Add me if u like . I can advise to increase your knowledge base on PCOS.

Keep fighting
  • missymckenzie
    Options
    thank you sooo much for all your info cant wait to talk to you more :)
    I'm not a success story yet but I can offer support. I was diagnosed a little over 2 months again. I had started MFP just before I was diagnosed. Since January I have lost 32 lbs, and after going on metformin I have started to ovulate so hoping that in the coming months I will be a fertility success story. There are two great websites that I know of they are PCOSDIVA and PCOSnutrition. I just recently got the PCOS workbook from the PCOSNutrition site and I'm very excited to go through it as it deals with the physical and emotional issues with PCOS. So if you are looking for someone who is also newly diagnosed and is going through the emotional up and downs you most likely are feel free to add me as a friend. Good luck in your journey to reducing the symptoms of PCOS.
  • missymckenzie
    Options
    thank you sooo much for all your info cant wait to talk to you more :)
  • Jaxie1231
    Jaxie1231 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I tried for 18 months to get pregnant. I was on the pill before hand and Spironolactone for the hair issues. When I realized I couldn't ovulate on my own, I was put on Clomid and 1700mg of Metformin, even though I have never shown blood sugar issues, I was not overweight but did carry my weight in my stomach and have the hair issues. I got pregnant with twins the first month!

I just had my girls in October and am now back on Metformin which helps you lose weight. I lost 10 pounds just starting it last time with no change in diet or exercise. I am hoping it will help me lose the 30 pounds I still need to lose to get to my pre-pregnancy weight. Hope this helps!