New Person Here...

Options
Talister
Talister Posts: 22 Member
Hi guys... just looking for friends and like minded support.

I'm 23 years old, a stay at home wife, no children so I get lonely. Also, I am a freelance model and I have a lot of pressure to be thin.
Not going to lie... I'm sensitive, shy, and my goals are a bit on the low side but I want to achieve them while being conscious of my health. I want to know the world wont end if I never get as this as I think I need to be, and I need to have discipline and exercise rather than purge. That is my biggest weakness...

I've had various eating disorders since I was 12, as well as self harm. It started with binging and I ballooned up by the time I was 16, I suddenly stopped eating. I didn't know what anorexia was then. After almost a year, when life stabled out, I started eating normally, and then fell into binging. Then, non-stop binging and purging... This went on for 5 years. The past 2 years have been ups and downs. I'm ready to feel normal. Not just for my sake but for my husband's as well.

I'm proud to say I haven't cut in months, ashamed to say that I purged yesterday.

I do not glorify my disorders, nor do I want to be lectured... I feel I need positive people right now.
The young girls do seem to make it trendy to have an e.d. and it so is NOT. It's terrible, addicting, and I want to connect with those who feel the same.

Please add me if you would like to be friends. Thanks for taking the time to read this. It was hard to open up...

Replies

• yulinda
    yulinda Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi im 33 and I have been on both sides of the spectrum. In my 20's i ate next to nothing and worked out for 4 hours a day to the point of dehydration. At my smallest I was a size 2 but it took so many unheatlhy habits to get me there that I was only able to sustain it for 3 weeks. I am not meant to be super thin. I have an athletic body and am meant to be toned and fit. HOWEVER 3 kids and 2 pregnancies later (3 girls, 1 set of twins) my body is not what I want it to be.

I applaud you for your courage and I am more than willing to be a listening ear.