Season 3 - FINALE - Welcome to the Tombs - 03/31/13

Options

Replies

• AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Did Carl say Andrew killed Lori? Did I mishear that part?

Was Andrew the guy Rick chased and thought was eaten by the walkers? If he was, than I think Carl meant that Andrew set the alarm off, which sent everyone running and left Lori, Maggie, and Carl isolated from everyone else.

I think you're right. Andrew was the one that set off the alarm and attracted all of the walkers. Although who knows if Carol would have done any better with Lori than Maggie did. It seems like she would have died either way.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Why didn't Martinez and the unnamed black guy shoot the Governor? I was yelling at them to shoot him. :laugh: I can understand Allen who isn't used to guns and fighting freezing up. But Martinez? C'mon!
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options
    Why didn't Martinez and the unnamed black guy shoot the Governor? I was yelling at them to shoot him. :laugh: I can understand Allen who isn't used to guns and fighting freezing up. But Martinez? C'mon!

I know!! I was yelling at the TV too. Both of those guys looked scared to get back in the truck with the Governor but they did. Maybe they figured that they were the lucky ones because the Governor never once turned his guns on them. I don't know how the Governor could possibly stand a chance against the prison group now. But I'm sure he'll end up taking down a few more people before he eventually gets taken down himself.
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options

The unnamed man is know as "The Bowman".
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    That was kind of...underwhelming.

Yup..you said it. It was not the epic finale I expected.

Carl is such a bad *kitten* kid.

I'm glad Carol and Daryl are alive. Not that sad to see Andrea go. Sad though for Milton.

Basically how I feel!
  • RBXChas
    Options
    hmmmm.... big build up to a war only to have the Gov do most of the killing - that was a bit of a let down. But must say I didn't see that coming with Andrea - (I kept yelling at the screen -- shut up, pick up the pliers all ready)

I said multiple times, "Andrea, time is NOT on your side." Even though she kept fearing when Milton would die, talking to him and not picking up the damn pliers was not going to make him die any more slowly.
  • RBXChas
    Options
    I do think that its good that the peple of woodbury joined the prison. The more the better in my opinion. I wonder what happened to Martinez and the other guy when they got back in the truck with the Gov. They both looked like WTF, lol...

I agree with this. I was glad to see the Woodbury folks joining them, along with Tyrese and his sister. But I was really hoping Martinez and/or the other dude would grow a pair and kill the Governor. Even Milton had a bigger pair in the end than those guys.
  • RBXChas
    Options
    I was suprised that Andrea had time for a pedicure with everything else that had been going on around Woodbury.

Admittedly I noticed that. Either that or she has some nail fungus. But it looked to me like they were painted.
  • dxtra30
    dxtra30 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Do you think they changed the ending for the season finale? With the internet these days posting spoilers and stuff, part of me feels they were going to kill THE GOV off but then did some re shooting and changed the ending of the show? Anybody agree or disagree? I just feel the season finale could have been SO much better since they were building this up for weeks.
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Do you think they changed the ending for the season finale? With the internet these days posting spoilers and stuff, part of me feels they were going to kill THE GOV off but then did some re shooting and changed the ending of the show? Anybody agree or disagree? I just feel the season finale could have been SO much better since they were building this up for weeks.

Nah, they had to leave some sort of cliffhanger. Like last season they saw the prison in the distance, it's just sort of a taste of what's coming. So while Woodbury recolonizes at the prison, we don't know what the deal with the Governor is. Is he going to create a new community/army at Woodbury and just re-appear mid-season? Is he going to do something crazy right off the bat? We don't know, but we have a taste that he's totally lost it and yet still has two guys willing to stick with him for whatever reason, most likely out of fear.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    there is only so many people they can kill off since out group is dwindling lmao So I think it was nice to have sorta an underwhelming finale. With that said I loved Daryl well /Norman on the talking dead saying we took in old and sick people this should be interesting lmao
    Carl is the way he is because of the life he has. He does not have humanity he lost it fast seeing as he was so young and has lost so much. I agree he is a little governor but he will be fine I think. I loves Martinez and the other guys faces they were ****ting their pants, Cant wait for Oct lol Andrea annoyed me most of the time but I did feel bad for her. More for Milton though lmao And she made me nuts how long she took. I mean come on stop talking to him and keep moving lol
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options
    andreawaits_zps9fb9f259.jpg
  • Moley88
    Moley88 Posts: 1
    Options
    i know i kept yelling at her to pick them up already! stop talking to and staring at milton and get yourself out
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I need to go time myself picking up pliers with just my toes. I bet I can do it in less than 5 minutes.

Pick up the pliers first, woman THEN talk to Milton.

Michonne just keeps getting better and better now that she's talking and not glaring all the time. I'm going to call it. I think there will be some romance in the future between Rick and Michonne although Michonne and Daryl would be such a bad *kitten* combination. Their kids would have ninja skills. :laugh:
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I had tickets to go see Conan tape his show yesterday and guess who showed up in the audience to do a skit? Michael Rooker (Merle) and Melissa McBride (Carol). I was absolutely giddy. :)

http://teamcoco.com/video/conan-highlight-walking-dead-invades
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options

Nah, they had to leave some sort of cliffhanger. Like last season they saw the prison in the distance, it's just sort of a taste of what's coming. So while Woodbury recolonizes at the prison, we don't know what the deal with the Governor is. Is he going to create a new community/army at Woodbury and just re-appear mid-season? Is he going to do something crazy right off the bat? We don't know, but we have a taste that he's totally lost it and yet still has two guys willing to stick with him for whatever reason, most likely out of fear.

I think what they are trying to do is start the season off explosively like they did this season. Everyone was *****ing that season 2 was too slow then season 3 started off fast and hard and people loved it!! I think they will be going for the same thing next season.
  • RBXChas
    Options
    I had tickets to go see Conan tape his show yesterday and guess who showed up in the audience to do a skit? Michael Rooker (Merle) and Melissa McBride (Carol). I was absolutely giddy. :)

http://teamcoco.com/video/conan-highlight-walking-dead-invades

I love Conan (and am so glad Andy came back!) - but I had no idea they were in Atlanta! Why does all the cool stuff come to cities after I leave them?

I would have peed my pants when they came into the studio, though, and I think I would have puked if Merle had grabbed me to go "fight the walkers."

That must have been so much fun!
  • RBXChas
    Options
    I need to go time myself picking up pliers with just my toes. I bet I can do it in less than 5 minutes.

Pick up the pliers first, woman THEN talk to Milton.

Michonne just keeps getting better and better now that she's talking and not glaring all the time. I'm going to call it. I think there will be some romance in the future between Rick and Michonne although Michonne and Daryl would be such a bad *kitten* combination. Their kids would have ninja skills. :laugh:

I kept joking that I don't have any real foot skills of which I'm aware, but I could have picked up those pliers in less than 2 minutes, no problem. Seriously, like I said, talking to Milton to make sure he's not dead wasn't going to make him die any more slowly!

But I agree, I like Michonne more and more every episode, and her and Daryl's kids would be super badass!

It's interesting how Rick has softened in the past few episodes, and now they brought in all the Woodbury people, including old and sick, as was mentioned. I sincerely hope he apologizes to Tyrese for kicking them out when he was in his crazy phase. I think the Governor was a good cautionary tale.
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I love Conan (and am so glad Andy came back!) - but I had no idea they were in Atlanta! Why does all the cool stuff come to cities after I leave them?

I would have peed my pants when they came into the studio, though, and I think I would have puked if Merle had grabbed me to go "fight the walkers."

That must have been so much fun!

It was a blast! I'd never been to a live taping of anything before so I was awe-struck, of course. Steven Yeun (Glen) was on last night, I'll have to find it online.
  • Ashkea76
    Ashkea76 Posts: 7,111 Member
    Options
    anyone else feel sense of loss and emptiness last night?? :sad: