Monthly Cycle Question

Options
I have a question for you all because something strange that has never happend to me before happened today with my period. I should first tell you I am on my second cycle since going on metformin and I am not on Birth Control. I got my period on Sunday (Which was day 31 Yay! I was on a 38-40 day cycle) It was very light on Sunday, heavy on Monday, and Tuesday, yesterday it was heavy in the morning and got lighter as the day went on. Over night it was nonexistant which is not abnormal for be as the week goes on, I put in my morning Tampon at 5am and removed it at 9:30 and absolutly no blood in it. So I thought it was done short for me I am usually closer to 7 days. Then the strange thing happened I went to the gym and jogged/walked for 45 minutes and I started to bleed again.

It was really strange never had something like that happen to me before and I am woundering if anyone has had experiences with this? Sorry for The TMI.

Replies

• miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Mine always gets heavier after I work out. I am also most likely to get it right after working out.
  • DeLane95
    DeLane95 Posts: 4
    Options
    The same thing has happened to me before. I don't think it is abnormal for something like that to happen!
  • Bubbaluh
    Bubbaluh Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Working out or exercise is probably the best thing to enduce a period naturally, Good for cramps too :D
    Its a very normal thing to happen and if you have POS its even better (we all want to be regular)
  • Healthgirl78
    Healthgirl78 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have been having that happen more recently. The last 2 cycles have been strange to me that way. I have gone 24 hours with no bleeding and then... "oh Hai! I'm back... but just for a few more hours." I don't understand it and was curious to see if anyone else experiences this. It is new to me. I am not on any medications. Just eating healthier and finally dropping some pounds.
  • Bubbaluh
    Bubbaluh Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have a question for you all because something strange that has never happend to me before happened today with my period. I should first tell you I am on my second cycle since going on metformin and I am not on Birth Control. I got my period on Sunday (Which was day 31 Yay! I was on a 38-40 day cycle) It was very light on Sunday, heavy on Monday, and Tuesday, yesterday it was heavy in the morning and got lighter as the day went on. Over night it was nonexistant which is not abnormal for be as the week goes on, I put in my morning Tampon at 5am and removed it at 9:30 and absolutly no blood in it. So I thought it was done short for me I am usually closer to 7 days. Then the strange thing happened I went to the gym and jogged/walked for 45 minutes and I started to bleed again.

It was really strange never had something like that happen to me before and I am woundering if anyone has had experiences with this? Sorry for The TMI.

I forgot to mention earlier that your cycle naturally has a days rest. 4-5 days on, a days break then 1-2 days of mucky bleeding again, in high school i found this was the most normal and common thing among my friends and any girl i discussed it with.
    I made the mistake on my very first period of thinking it was over and left myself unprotected... aha oopsie :blushing:
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Mine will usually stop for about half a day, usually in the afternoon/evening and overnight, and then all of a sudden the next morning it starts back up again for another half day.
  • kvandeman
    kvandeman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I just wish mine would stop. I have been bleeding every day since 2/21. Yes that is 40 plus days. I am now awaiting the results of a biopsy taken last week. It is not fun. The hormones have run amuck. Makes it harder to lose the weight too. I am to the point if I have to have a hysterectomy it would not be the end of the world. I have 3 beautiful girls and am planning on no more. I think of it as weight loss. The dang thing probably weighs at least 5 pounds. That is 5 pounds closer to my goal. Gotta "Look on the bright side of life"
  • Tamicejl
    Tamicejl Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I too have that happen .... I went a whole 7 days it went away and three days later it came back crazy.... and now it has not left yet... not sure what it is.

But you are not alone.... :grumble: