Blueberry pancakes....anyone?

Options
lqrch
lqrch Posts: 18 Member
I found this recipe on a Danish web site and tried them out twice during Easter. They are absolutely delicious.

Blueberry pancakes.

1 dl. oatmeal (the dry one...not the porridge)
1 dl. whey protein powder.
1 dl. low fat milk
2 eggs.
1 banana
1 tee spoon baking powder.
1 dl. frozen blueberries.

Blend everything, apart from the frozen blue berries, well but DON'T add the baking powder until batter is almost done.

Adjust amount of milk in order to get the right consistency. I found that 1 dl. was too much so I added some extra oatmeal and some extra protein powder.

Fry/cook one pancake at a time on a hot pan with a tiny bit of butter. Add 1 table spoon of frozen berries into the soft dough before you flip them.

Nutritional facts per 100 g.:
Energy: 210 Kcal.
Protein: 17 g.
Carb.: 22 g.
Fat: 6.

All numbers depends on choice of milk and protein powder.

I used a protein powder with vanilla taste and the pancakes came out perfect. Even girlfriend and daughter liked them as they had absolutely no taste of protein powder. Very delicious.

Enjoy.

Replies

• aagaag
    aagaag Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thanks - sounds yummy! Can you elaborate on where to find dry oatmeal and whey protein powder (Migros? Coop? German/French names - assuming that you reside in Deutschschweiz or Romandie?). Many thanks in advance!
  • lqrch
    lqrch Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I guess you can find oat meal in normal grocery stores like Coop, Migros, Denner etc. I have not shopped for it myself yet though.....I just took what I found in the kitchen.

Protein powder you can get in SportX, Migros, Ochsner. However....I donøt like the Sponser one....not very tasty.

I use this one for the pancakes: http://www.swiss-supplements.ch/optimum-nutrition-optimum-nutrition-gold-standard-100-whey-2270g-p-45.html?cPath=22_23_24_64

....but I cannot really recommend that particular web shop as they are not very customer service minded. Their prices are very competitive though.

I use the one with vanilla taste for the pancakes but I have also tried the chocolate one and they are both very....very tasty.