Here's a taboo subject--low T

Options
FLfitguy
FLfitguy Posts: 22 Member
Since it's all men can we talk about Low T? I have energy and normal libido. I'm not much overweight. But I complained to doctor I don't bulk up as much as I'd like considering the amount I exercise. So he tested my blood. My testosterone is "normal" but he says he can supplement it to what it was when I was 30. Plus Human Growth Hormone. This is all new and my next appointment is this week. So who has experience with this who can give me advice?

Replies

• cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I'm seeing a nutritionist, complained of fatigue, low libido... She gave me some supplements and changed my diet. That has helped a lot. I don't have the blood tests to prove it but feel my testosterone is up.

Also a lot of chemicals and commercially produced food is supposed to be estrogenic, not sure I'm 100 percent on board but I'm getting results.
  • FLfitguy
    FLfitguy Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Diets important. But T goes down 1% a year as we age.
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I'm sure that is true. But if you are doing lifestyle things that suppress it further that doesn't help. So to the degree I can I'm trying to get the suppressor s out of my diet and environment. See where my natural potential is before I seek medical intervention.
  • JimLeonardRN
    JimLeonardRN Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the T injections for about 8 months now. My T level initially was lower than a 13 yr old girls. Had all the classic symptoms. Since I started the injections i'm like a 16 yr old boy again. Always ready willing and able. And just generally feel better all the way around.
  • gregwhitley
    gregwhitley Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    If you have a doc, especially a GP/Endo (not from a wellness/anti-aging clinic) that will prescribe T and HGH, you are LUCKY! Doubly so if you can get your insurance to cover it. I am on T self injections from my GP, and it is great! Has made an IMMENSE improvement in my mental state, sex life, and overall well being.

If your ins doesn't cover it, be prepared for sticker shock when you go to get the HGH. It is not uncommon for it to run $1000+ a month.