Awesome Negative Split Calculator

Options
natalie412
natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
Found this: https://www.ridersite.org/SBTraining/PaceCal.php

Great for calculating race paces when you want to run the first half slower than the second half. Now if I could just figure out what a reasonable goal time is for my half!

Replies

• misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I have a 10 miler coming up and a half marathon 3 weeks later. Of course I have no idea what a reasonable goal time for either is. This is all new for me. :-)
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure I can do 2:10, but I MIGHT be able to go faster, and I don't want to shoot myself in the foot by starting out too slow.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Great link!
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I'm a HUGE fan of running neg/even splits. It takes confidence in your training and a realistic assessment of your current level of fitness.

If you want to race that way, be sure to train that way (easy start/fast finish).
  • marikevr
    marikevr Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I'm a HUGE fan of running neg/even splits. It takes confidence in your training and a realistic assessment of your current level of fitness.

If you want to race that way, be sure to train that way (easy start/fast finish).

I agree. Especially in marathons I often pass people who started out too quickly. Start like a tortoise, finish like a hare.
  • runrunjohnny
    runrunjohnny Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I don't want to shoot myself in the foot by starting out too slow.

You can always make up time by starting slow. You can never return from exhaustion after starting too fast.
  • Liz_Mfp
    Liz_Mfp Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Have you seen the Marco Pace Calculator?