Options
ksellen1
ksellen1 Posts: 115 Member
How's it going for everyone?

Replies

• LisaGNV
    LisaGNV Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Very pleased so far! I've mananged to stay off the scale (big deal for me) & remain totally compliant with the plan. The toughest part has been to not snack between meals (as suggested in It Starts With Food). I was pretty much eating every 2.5/3 hours before this so that's a big change for me.
  • ksellen1
    Options
    I really try not to snack too but the last few hours of work before I get home are really hard not to! I have found that if I have a lunch with higher fat it helps me get through longer. I also don't really let myself "snack". Instead I have an extra meal that will have veggies and protein as a small meal. I'm hoping after a few days it will be better.
  • eahouston
    eahouston Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Day 4! The good news: I haven't had any cravings for sugary foods yet, and I don't right now. The bad: The thought of eating a proteiny/fatty/vegetable-based breakfast is making me feel sick to my stomach. I just don't know what to eat now, but I don't want to wait 5 hours till I get my lunch break at work.

I also have really really bad seasonal allergies. Of course they just started full force this past weekend, as I was getting ready to start the Whole30, so I've been taking my Zytrec-D morning and night. Not sure if it's getting back on that medicine or the change in diet or both that's making me feel like my energy is zapped. (Fortunately, I normally do have plenty of energy, so that's not something I'm specifically looking for from the Whole30.) Just feel like my body's a little overloaded with changes, not that I was eating horribly before, but the combination of stuff. For example, I literally have no voice this morning. It's been dying on me the last two days because of my bad congestion. Not so great when you're a teacher :( I hope by next week my body starts feeling good!

Any recommendations for food in the morning when you don't feel like breakfast that are good for Whole30? Any miracle allergy solutions? Thanks :)
  • sataylor24
    sataylor24 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Going good so far, was pretty sluggish today but between allergies and the overcast/gloomy day - this could be the cause. Hoping for sunny weather tomorrow!!
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Day 4! The good news: I haven't had any cravings for sugary foods yet, and I don't right now. The bad: The thought of eating a proteiny/fatty/vegetable-based breakfast is making me feel sick to my stomach. I just don't know what to eat now, but I don't want to wait 5 hours till I get my lunch break at work.

I also have really really bad seasonal allergies. Of course they just started full force this past weekend, as I was getting ready to start the Whole30, so I've been taking my Zytrec-D morning and night. Not sure if it's getting back on that medicine or the change in diet or both that's making me feel like my energy is zapped. (Fortunately, I normally do have plenty of energy, so that's not something I'm specifically looking for from the Whole30.) Just feel like my body's a little overloaded with changes, not that I was eating horribly before, but the combination of stuff. For example, I literally have no voice this morning. It's been dying on me the last two days because of my bad congestion. Not so great when you're a teacher :( I hope by next week my body starts feeling good!

Any recommendations for food in the morning when you don't feel like breakfast that are good for Whole30? Any miracle allergy solutions? Thanks :)

I always have terrible sleep and energy the first week of my Whole30 (no matter how clean I eat between them!). I don't know why... Be creative with your breakfast. Sometimes I eat things like chicken salad or leftovers from the night before.
  • ksellen1
    Options
    Any recommendations for food in the morning when you don't feel like breakfast that are good for Whole30?

On Sunday I cooked up a a ground beef/chicken combo and mixed it up with sauteed onions and mushrooms. I have over 2 lbs of meet for the week. Every morning I fry up one to to eggs in coconut oil...BAM...breakfast.
  • staceybrewer
    staceybrewer Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am on day 4 as well. This is my first Whole30. I am also a Gastric Bypass patient, 13 years post op.

I have had to adjust because I just can't eat that much at one time. So, I spread it out a little. I really don't have any choice with that.

My inflammation in my hands is almost gone. So, I am very happy about that. I wish there was something I could do to coffee so I could drink it. I HATE coconut and anything associated with it. I tried an almond/cashew creamer that met the requirements - EPIC FAIL! So, no coffee for me. OH WELL.

If I make it 30 days, it will be a miracle. I have always had issues with my resolve and will, hence the need for surgical intervention. But, I am not heavy now. I just really want to feel better. I am hoping this will help.
  • SnicciFit
    Options
    I am on day 4 as well. This is my first Whole30. I am also a Gastric Bypass patient, 13 years post op.

I have had to adjust because I just can't eat that much at one time. So, I spread it out a little. I really don't have any choice with that.

My inflammation in my hands is almost gone. So, I am very happy about that. I wish there was something I could do to coffee so I could drink it. I HATE coconut and anything associated with it. I tried an almond/cashew creamer that met the requirements - EPIC FAIL! So, no coffee for me. OH WELL.

If I make it 30 days, it will be a miracle. I have always had issues with my resolve and will, hence the need for surgical intervention. But, I am not heavy now. I just really want to feel better. I am hoping this will help.

I used to HATE, HATE, HATE anything coconut. Your tastes will change in many ways. One way that mine have is that I use coconut EVERYTHING now. I don't think spreading your meals out is a bad thing. Also, if you are exercising, and you count your post & pre-workout meals, that's technically 5 meals a day. Try whipping the coconut milk (if you put it in the fridge for a bit and then open the can, you can pour some of the water off to make it thicker) with cinnamon and vanilla. It's tasty! Even if you can't find a way to like coffee, you'll make it the 30 days! Just remember it's ONLY 30 days :happy:
  • hdsqrl
    hdsqrl Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I'm doing pretty well, too! Day 4 today, and I've not slipped up even once. Well, unless you count the snacking thing - but even the snacks have been compliant foods and fit well into my overall day. I found that pre-mixing up little snack packs really helps - I have several 1/2 cup containers that I fill about half full (so, 1/4 cup total) of a mixture of compliant nuts, raisins, and coconut flakes. When I feel a snack attack coming on, I think about why I'm wanting to snack, and if there's a legit hunger feeling to go with it, I reach for that little pack. It's saved me many times. :)

As for breakfast ideas, I second the leftovers idea if you just can't eat another egg. Or, try this: Mash up a banana with a bit of cinnamon, then add 3 eggs to it and whirl it all up with a hand mixer. Pour it into rounds on a griddle or pan like you would do for pancakes. It makes little patties that taste a bit like banana bread, only, you know, it's actually eggs in there. I added a touch of coconut butter as a topping, but you can definitely eat them plain, or maybe with a bit of almond butter. Tasty!

Editing to add: I wouldn't do that every day, since the banana is high in sugar, but it certainly works as a once in a while option!
  • LisaGNV
    Options
    Who all is still going strong??? We're in the home stretch now!!
  • cksummer2013
    cksummer2013 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just want to say that I am so very proud of you all who started on the 1st and are almost done. Thank you also for all of your help. Please don't disappear so that we newbies can continue to have your support. I can't wait to see/hear of your results, so please don't forget to post those. :)
  • LisaGNV
    Options
    one... more... day...
  • SnicciFit
    Options
    For those of you on facebook, I started a group in January that has morphed into almost 200ppl and it's for anyone doing (or that has done) a Whole30 anytime in 2013! We share recipes, experiences, NSVs, funnies, grumpies...etc. Here's the link if you'd like to join us!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/505307262833228/
  • kelr0110
    kelr0110 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I just want to say that I am so very proud of you all who started on the 1st and are almost done. Thank you also for all of your help. Please don't disappear so that we newbies can continue to have your support. I can't wait to see/hear of your results, so please don't forget to post those. :)

wholeheartedly agree. i came in completely clueless to this and was pretty scary. i appreciate very much your answering all our questions and providing recipes, ideas and support. absolutely awesome :)
  • LisaGNV
    Options
    For those of you on facebook, I started a group in January that has morphed into almost 200ppl and it's for anyone doing (or that has done) a Whole30 anytime in 2013! We share recipes, experiences, NSVs, funnies, grumpies...etc. Here's the link if you'd like to join us!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/505307262833228/

Just sent my request to join! I have thoroughly loved this experience!
  • cksummer2013
    cksummer2013 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just sent my request to join that group too. I also requested to friend elle_dubya and snicci (I think? lol) my user name on fb is cindy king. Thanks yall and I want to hear/see some results you day 30ers. :)