One Healthy Azz Hobby...

Options
EDesq
EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
I've gotten Myself into, GREEN Tea, YEAH!

Well, for 25 years I was a coffee drinker. I had to have My mug of coffee every morning, Gevalia. I was really into it. So about 3 years ago when I began to "normalize" My weight and eat more healthfully I noticed some mornings I could pass. Well, about 6 months ago I noticed that now and then I would get a queezy stomach, I put it on "a lot of things". About 4 months ago I was reading up on Green Tea and was amazed at what it "brought" to the table literally in terms of health benefits, so I decided to give Green Tea a try instead of My morning coffee. Well, in about a week, no more nausea...so I say OK, I'm all in on this! So for the last 4 months it's Green Tea...Everything.

I am an "ol' school" type of person, when I DO something, I go all in, NO half steppin here! Now, I got tea strainers, infusers, kettles, tea pots, special tea cups, trays, breakfast tea, Earl Grey at noon, high tea at 4pm, a rolling cart to have tea on My terrace, a tea pot warmer AND a cozy...DAYYYYUM! AND GREEN TEA, Oolong, Ceylon, gun powder, Earl Grey Green...Dayyyyyum! And I'm HAPPY, it is soooooooooo goooooood and before I knew it I haven't had Bourbon or Cognac for 4 months and have lost lbs. without trying, and did I mention it tastes good and keeps Me hydrated. My Body was ready for a change and I listened to it. Ahhh, the Healthy Lifestyle; guess I'm no longer one of those "at risk *kitten*"... Who KNEW, from "rockin da club" at 25 to drinking green tea at 48 and still the same thrill!

One day I'll tell ya about pumpkin seeds and cashews!

Replies

• gvdoliver
    gvdoliver Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    haha love it! I'm a green tea with lemon convert. I read a bit about it and whilst you can get every opinion on the stuff it works for me. I'll just say it kept me, erm, moving in the morning. I still have the morning coffe but through out the work day it's green tea all day, lovely and refreshing and definatly a health boost.

I hear your pumpkin seeds and raise you the classic post workout peanut butter!!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    ME TOO!, its good for you!
  • ThomasNMn
    ThomasNMn Posts: 37
    Options
    Three cheers for Green Tea!!

I was a Diet Pepsi addict since childhood. I would have coffee sometimes to change things up and of course Mochas from Starbucks.

I wanted to eliminate all sodas and the fattening coffee from my diet forever, but didn't know where else to turn. Finally, I discovered just how good Green Tea is for a person, however I was skeptical. When I was in the 1st grade, we had a Asian themed party that included tea, and at the time, I grew a strong aversion to it. I was really hesitant with my first cup a few months back, but loved it and have been hooked since.

Right after Xmas, I bought a bunch of Bigelow variety packs that were discounted and love all the different flavors, plus when I hit Starbucks or another coffee shop, I choose the different Green Tea varieties. It's my go to drink now and I've had 1 soda since then and no coffee.

Green Tea for life!
  • FuzzyDicePHL
    FuzzyDicePHL Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's has a jasmine green tea that I absolutely love! :)
  • ThriftyChica12
    ThriftyChica12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    quick tip: if u are running late, and want ICED green tea on the go, just fill a big water bottle with cold water and ice, and stick a bag of green tea in there. even without heat to "steep" the tea, it will still infuse the water with flavor and nutrients after about 20 mins. then just throw away the bag and enjoy :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: