tumblr_mk2ir13vj51rwnp75o3_1280.png
tumblr_mk2ir13vj51rwnp75o4_1280.png
tumblr_mk2ir13vj51rwnp75o5_1280.png
tumblr_mk2ir13vj51rwnp75o6_1280.png

Replies

• Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    The best part about it was the last part..

That question will FOREVER be asked by the player, causing them to cycle through the choices twice before picking one.
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Loved it.
  • dandur
    dandur Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    The "Too Many Games" part is so true in my case. I have more than a dozen in my Steam account that I haven't even touched yet. Just bought them because they were too good of a deal to pass up at the time.

" Ooooh look! Amnesia for $1.99. Gotta get it!"

"Holy crap...every single Unreal game for seven bucks!!!"

"The complete Civ 4 game library for $4.99?!?!?. Sold!"

..and so on.
  • here
    here Posts: 69
    Options
    The paying thing is so true. UGH.
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    All of these are true lol
  • wnbrice
    wnbrice Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Honestly I typically have more dollars than time, so I like the paying one these days.

God I wish I could still find my original pokemon games. Then again I am sure there is a tablet emulator I could get.......HHUUUMMMM. Nevermind I just remembered all the parts where I used to have to just grind levels.

I dont do any game where I have to grind anymore....
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    For the record you can't get a gun in zelda. I have beaten it way more than 20 times. I even got to the point where I could get the white sword without getting the wooden sword. I beat made it to where I beat level 3 first. You can't do a higher level first because you need the raft to get to level 4 and you need the ladder to beat level 5 or higher.
  • ohenry78
    ohenry78 Posts: 228
    Options
    Another big change is how you find out how to beat the games. Now there is gamefaqs and message boards and the internet in general. I remember when I was little, writing a snail mail letter to Nintendo Power asking how to beat certain parts of games. Thank goodness for technology.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Another big change is how you find out how to beat the games. Now there is gamefaqs and message boards and the internet in general. I remember when I was little, writing a snail mail letter to Nintendo Power asking how to beat certain parts of games. Thank goodness for technology.

This is SO true. Sometimes I just need the teeniest of hints to get unstuck, and the internet is perfect for that.
  • ohenry78
    ohenry78 Posts: 228
    Options
    Same here. Although, I do use the internet also for finding collectibles in some games. I don't often have time to replay games very many times (except freaking Borderlands 2...damn game is like crack), so I will use a guide to get things like health or magic upgrades without having to backtrack sometimes.
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I fear that I may be unfairly harsh in my judgement of Pokemon. I have a son who is autistic so while I get the benefit of the fact that he is hilarious and he will love me forever unlike his older brother who thinks he is smarter than me now. I get the drawback that he will never ever stop being interested in Pokemon for the rest of his life!!! It is pure madness.

I know way more about Pokemon and the games than I would ever care to and because he is my son and I love him if he gets stuck in one of those damn games again I'm going to learn more about them. If I take him with me when I want to by a new game i had better hope there isn't a pokemon game that he does not already have available for that console or the debate will begin. I'll advocate something like "Assassin's Creed" but he'll want "Pikachu's Dumbass Adventure" and his mother will always take his side and point out that as the adult I shouldn't always pick the game that I want and suddenly I go from just being some guy that wants to by a video game to being a spoiled brat who wants to get his way.

The worst part is no matter who wins the game is bought with my money. Its all good if I can afford two games but in my mind it is still like paying $100.00 for a $50.00 video game. Then I find out that you have to be able to read in order to get through "Pikachu's Dumbass Adventure" so I end up helping him with that one too. One side of my brain is thrilled cause I am helping my kid learn to read the other side of my brain is pissed cause I want to be stabbing people from the shadows.

If it weren't for this constant struggle then i think Pokemon would simply be a novelty that I may even find a bit amusing. I won't like I think it is practically dog fighting. Ash goes out in the world and abducts some poor creature that was just sitting around not harming anyone then he puts him in a ball and forces it to come out and fight other abducted monsters. The forced servitude is never mentioned as a theme in the show but its there. Does Pokemon deserve all the hatred I have for it or does my particular situation cause me to judge it too harshly?
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Part II
    gaming-then-now1.jpg?resize=600%2C4022
    gaming-then-now2.jpg?resize=600%2C1441