Week 3 Challenge *Fruits n Veggies*

Options
mlanggin88
mlanggin88 Posts: 209 Member
Who here can use more greens in their life?? I know i can for sure.. So this week I really want to focus on how and why fruits and vegetables are such a strong part of our diet..

How does everyone feel about some homework on this????

Google 5 ways Fruits and Vegetables play part in weight loss and try to incorporate 1 of the 5 ways into your daily life for the remainder of the week.. We will reconvene on Friday and see how everyone is doing.

I love learning new ways and tools on how to be healthy and I know this will really help in my weight loss journey

Replies

• krc99080
    krc99080 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm definately trying to incorporate more fruites and especially veggies into my diet. I can usually do the fruits easily. I have a huge sweet tooth so the sweet is what I tend to crave. It's more challening to incorporate the veggies. I live several I just live in a hosue with someone who only eats 3 veggies so it's a challenge to add more.
  • Helen_Luvnlife
    Helen_Luvnlife Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I definetly need to eat more veggies. I will get started on my homework.
  • jenfoxjercha
    jenfoxjercha Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I need to do this. I seem to have fallen off of some wagon in March. I think I will get back in it today and keep working. I seem to have hit a spot where my muscle is passing my fat so there is a constant weight but I'm getting smaller. I hate the scale right now.
  • mahryeuh
    mahryeuh Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    One great way to get your veggies in is a smoothie! So yummy too. Put spinach, kale, broccoli, swiss chard... anything! in your blender and blend it up with some frozen fruit, or a banana! Such a delicious way to get a ton of greens! The fruit is just there for sweetener. Yummmm
  • krc99080
    krc99080 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I need to do this. I seem to have fallen off of some wagon in March. I think I will get back in it today and keep working. I seem to have hit a spot where my muscle is passing my fat so there is a constant weight but I'm getting smaller. I hate the scale right now.

I'm in that spot with you. While my measurements have decreased the scale has not changed in a few weeks as you'll see from the spreadsheet. This is so very frustrating because it is easy to say I've lost x pounds, not as easy to explain I haven't really lost weight but my waist is x smaller and my hips are x smaller and my thighs . . .

I can't wait till the scale moves down again.
  • LynnMartin78
    LynnMartin78 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Like it. I am in.
  • italianpeddler
    italianpeddler Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I am always up for learning some new stuff on nutrition. I will even do the homework :)
  • mlanggin88
    mlanggin88 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately... I have not been able to really incorporate alot of fruits and veggies in... but I do know if you you incorporate the fruits as most of your carbs and sugars your waist line will go down. For some people on low carb diets, fruits and veggies is the best way to go and will see great results......

I LOVE SMOOTHIES and salads... So I know starting next (when I can actually taste them) I will def be incorporating them.