Becoming Unstuck-Power of Words

Options
kristina1709
kristina1709 Posts: 119 Member
Before I begin, I just want to say that yesterday I binged. The first time in months. I seriously ate everything I could find without even thinking about it. Come the end of the night I felt...gross. I do not know what got into me, maybe because I was tired. I don’t know. Maybe because I did not eat like I should have (meaning a real breakfast and lunch). Maybe it was because in my mind I failed from working so hard last week. I don’t know and I cannot pin point my exact problem.

I am tired, which is a big one for me. My son (21 months old) gets up in the middle of the night still. Crawls into bed with me and tosses and turns and kicks me the rest of the night. Wakes up again sometime during the night and cries “mama juuuice, juuuice mama”. Come 6 am I am exhausted. Then I go to work for 9 hours. Home by 6 to start dinner, eat, let my food digest for at least an hour so I can run at a decent time before bed.

I had 4.5 miles scheduled for this weekend. I kept putting it off and off. To the point where I never did it. I had it in my head that Ive already failed. That I wouldn’t be able to do it. That it was to hard. This brings me to the point of my whole blog for the day…….

Unstuck is the series that started three weeks in Church. Yesterday’s message was very powerful and hit home. I want to share it with all of you because I feel that is what I have to do. I know that I am not the only one who could benefit what I am about to share. All of my bible versus today will come from the message bible. Everything I am writing comes from my notes.

The power of YOUR words.

Matthew 12:34-37 (MSG)
34-37 “You have minds like a snake pit! How do you suppose what you say is worth anything when you are so foul-minded? It’s your heart, not the dictionary, that gives meaning to your words. A good person produces good deeds and words season after season. An evil person is a blight on the orchard. Let me tell you something: Every one of these careless words is going to come back to haunt you. There will be a time of Reckoning. Words are powerful; take them seriously. Words can be your salvation. Words can also be your damnation.

Philippians 4:8 (MSG)
8-9 Summing it all up, friends, I’d say you’ll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized. Do that, and God, who makes everything work together, will work you into his most excellent harmonies.

Proverbs 18:21 (MSG)
21 Words kill, words give life; they’re either poison or fruit—you choose.

Everyday we need to walk with Jesus. We need to speak positive not negative.

I KNOW I am stuck because of my words because of what I speak. And not just when it comes to weight loss and running but in my every day life. Work, home, family.

You are what you speak. If I say I am a failure, then that’s exactly what I am going to be. If I say I’m fat that’s what I will be.

The power of our words can change our lives drastically.

We need to get our thoughts and words under control if we want change in our life. We will be justified and condemned by our words. Every non-productive words can produce loads of failure.

BEFORE YOU SPEAK, THINK.

Steps to use:

1) Become aware of how you think and believe

2) Become aware of how GOD wants us to think and speak

3) Make confession personal and make it present. Speak for right NOW not in the future.

GRAB A HOLD OF THE WORD OF GOD! GOD is always with us and wants to help us. I have to put all of my faith into him and let him work in my life.

I have so much to learn. I need to practice what I preach. I can give advice all day long but that doesn’t mean I follow my own.

I am challenging myself starting right now that everyday for the next week to say something positive about myself. Then after this week do another week and so on and so forth. And its about my whole life not just with weight loss. Even if I repeat my positive thoughts that’s ok because I obviously need to hear it and speak it.

That really felt good to write. I am going to go post this blog one of my Christian Boards.

Time to get crackin at having more powerful words! God bless everyone!

Replies

• Journeywithyou
    Journeywithyou Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Before we moved our Pastor at our previous church would speak on the power of our words often. Usually in the perspective on how we speak to others the witness we show with our words and additionally the 'Labels' we place on our children and the curses some speak over their children. Example your a bad child, why would you be so stupid. I never really thought about the perspective on the words I use on myself.

Your right if we look in the mirror and say "I'm just so fat" we avoid the mirror we avoid the camera and continue to self destruct ourselves that depressed attitude. But if we look in that same mirror and say You are worth the work, love yourself you walk away ready to put in the work. I decide every morning I'm worth the work.

Thank you for sharing these encouraging words today.
  • anniefamiy
    anniefamiy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Amen!