Not being able to eat whatever you want, sucks.

Options
This is a rant. Venting, if you will. I'm sure many of us struggle with this. I get jealous when I see a friend eating a whole pizza knowing she won't gain half an ounce, but if I did that, look out. I'm in a sorority and it feels like some of the girls can just eat whatever they want, and I'm over here like "okay, I just really love carrots and hummus, that's all." But no. I want that chicken parm! I want to make Cook Out runs at 1 AM and go to brunch every Sunday after a bad (read: excellent) night out and eat mac and cheese when I'm cold and bored and tweet about it because that's what you do when you're cute and thin and eat whatever you want.

You know? Please tell me you know.

Replies

• misspinkshorts
    misspinkshorts Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I totally know what you're talking about. I HATE (not really) all my skinny friends who can just eat whatever they want and not worry about their weight. Is so hard to be around them at meal times (either eating in the dorm caf or going out) because they never have to worry about what they are choosing and Im stuck eating a salad and lean protein. And oh my goodness the deserts and icecream. My friends LOVE icecream. Every time Im with them there is always icecream and junk food. I always have to pass up because it would ruin me. My freeze is stocked with equal health and unhealthy food and its so hard to resist just sneaking in at 1am and snacking on some icecream.

I hear ya, I agree with ya. It does suck but while we are fueling our bodies with good foods (and fell like we are suffering now) they will will be suffering later in life. We can do this!!!!
  • concavity
    concavity Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I know, I sit with friends at lunch and they eat so much or they can eat a normal amount and be content and know when to put food down. While I'm there stuffing my face.
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you! All three of my roommates seem to be able to eat whatever they want and not gain any weight. I mean they do work out, on occasion, but I bust my butt 5 days a week or more at the gym and still know that it's going to take months before I get even into the same ballpark as their weight. It's not fair by any means. However, I also know that when I do finally get to the weight I want to be it will feel so much better and more gratifying because I worked so hard for it. Every single time I turned down ice cream or cookies, or didn't go out drinking and went to the gym instead will be worth it in the long run. It does seriously suck right now though. =/
  • misspinkshorts
    misspinkshorts Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    We can be strong and get through this together guys! And we can eat some of the bad stuff just in MODERATION! Im determined not to let this get me down.
  • rebekabryan
    Options
    I laughed at this post only because I know EXACTLY how you feel. Since I joined My Fitness Pal, I've lost 14 lbs. I lost 40lb previous to joining. Now all of my friends think that I'm "skinny" and that I should allow myself to eat as they do! And It sucks. Because I've done it. And in a matter of 2 weeks, I gained 10lbs. No exaggeration! It took me three weeks to get my weight back, and I'm terrified of ever eating unhealthy like I did again. I live on campus at my school, which means I have a meal plan. Every meal for me in our cafeteria consists of a salad, some type of light meat, and water. Meanwhile, my friends are indulging in hamburgers with extra mayo, Pizza, ice cream, cookies, etc. It's gotten to the point now where I won't eat with them because it makes me feel like crap. My roommate orders a pizza every week, and our freezer is stocked with all kinds of treats that my mind tells me YES, but my body knows that it's wrong. It's so hard!
  • lnd4553
    lnd4553 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes! I've thought that way my whole life. I'm jealous of those girls who have a fast metabolism cause unfortunately I'm not that lucky. Here I am busting my butt to lose weight and get in shape and some of my friends can eat whatever they want and never get fat! But of course we haven't hit our thirty's yet so to all of my skinny friends you may want to watch out. Enjoy it now but it may come back to haunt you when we're all older.
  • arb102
    arb102 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! I live with 3 swimmers, so they can eat ridiculously large amounts of unhealthy food and stiill have awesome bodies while I just can't. Right now there is a pan of mini red velvet cupcakes sitting in the kitchen and I've already had like 6 because everyone else has been eating them, but I just stopped because I realize that I can't do that! I'm really excited to get awesome abs for summer so I've been trying to focus on that, but its so hard!
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    We can be strong and get through this together guys! And we can eat some of the bad stuff just in MODERATION! Im determined not to let this get me down.

I think this is a great way to look at it! Moderation really is key. Now this isn't to say that I won't still get frustrated with all of the girls who can eat whatever they want and never seem to gain a single pound (because trust me, they'll still be getting the evil eye from time to time! Haha), but it is also important to remember not to deprive yourself 100% of the time from everything you enjoy eating. Being able to go out to eat and enjoy a meal guilt free is the only way to truly stay sane throughout this whole weight loss process! At least that's what I've learned in the past 6 months using MFP. Stay strong ladies, but don't forget to treat yourself every once in a while! :smile: