It's Friday, Friday, freaky flippin Friday!

Options
angbieb
angbieb Posts: 692 Member
Ha! Ha! I bet that title got your attention...lol! I'm singing the words and it's quite a catchy tune...lol! In case you couldn't tell, I'm feeling pretty darn good and energized this morning! I've got lots of ideas going around in my head..(I love that)! I'm starting to see a really big difference in my figure and that makes me so HAPPY! :smooched:

I subscribe to Runner's magazine and it is so inspiring to read!! If you can..I would highly recommend going out today and buying some type of fitness magazine and just going through and reading it..it's so inspiring! I will come back later today and share some of the helpful things I've learned from reading mine. If anyone else does this (goes out and gets a magazine) would you do the same? That would be so cool if some of you did!!

My plan for today: I'm going to do workout B of New Rules of Lifting for women...I know I said I'd given up on it but that was when I was in the midst of great pain...lol! I'm going to change up my cardio and do the spin bike today! I heard that you shouldn't do the same workout regimen over and over...you need to really mix it up and you'll get better results. I'm also going to look for a good yoga dvd...I want to become more flexible and work on my breathing and I've heard yoga has so many benefits!

Have an awesome Friday everyone...eat healthy...and get in a little exercise! And Blink....feel better!!

:heart: ang

Replies

• RobertHendrix
    RobertHendrix Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My goal for today and tomorrow is to hit 6k calories burned each day. Best day I have had since getting a BodyMedia has been 5300 but Sun morning is final weigh in for the Lose Big program I started 12 weeks ago at my gym. Need to hit 389 to reach the 100lb lost mark since deciding enough is enough back in August, 388 will hit my goal for the program to lose 60lbs in 12 weeks (5lb a week avg) and 385 will put me at 14% loss for the 12 weeks which would be the highest % loss they have had in the 2 years they have been running the program. Was at 392 last Sun so if I can have another 7 lb week will hit all three goals.

Had my final fitness test last night since I was only one able to show up at the training session due to the freak snow storm we had in southern VA yesterday so went ahead and got mine out of the way so I can hit cardio hard the next couple of days before the weigh in.

Jan 13 Initial test
    Weight - 448
    Push ups in 1 min - 8 on my knees
    Holding leg lift as long as you can - 17 sec
    Holding a plank as long as you can - 18 sec
    1 mile - 21:48

April 4 Final test
    Weight - ? find out Sun
    Push ups in 1 min - 38 (10 regular 28 on knees)
    Holding leg lift as long as you can - 1:17 sec
    Holding a plank as long as you can - 2:18 sec
    1 mile - 16:19
  • atuchon
    atuchon Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hahaha Angie, your tune made me smile and even got me singing it in my head! That's fantastic you are seeing a difference in your figure! It takes a while to get to that point but when you do it's all the motivation you need to keep going! I feel great this morning also! I'm starting to feel better about my new eating plan, and I finally got back to my workouts last night! I wish it wasn't so crappy out today because I would love to go on a walk!

I won't be picking up a magazine today but I did recently read that if you want to burn fat you should do strength training because even after you are done working out your body is still working and burning that stubborn fat! Like you posted also, it IS better to do different routines instead of the same one :)

Wow Robert! You have made such great progress in your tests. You have to feel good about that, that's pretty dang exciting!
  • AliandTrev
    AliandTrev Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Robert, great progess on those tests! That is fantastic.

I am so over Spring Break, while I do enjoy having my kids home they are bored and ready to go back to school. I am going to do C25K today and additional time on the treadmill.

Angie, I love doing Yoga. I prefer going to a class but I have a few DVD's too. I just ordered a new set last night because my friend I do Yoga with said they were very similar to the one instructor that we had at Yoga. It's this set: http://tinyurl.com/cv6l9eq
  • amcmikel
    amcmikel Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Its a beautiful day here in Texas!!!I just finished walking outside for 40 min.So glad I could get outside!! Angie,I get the Health magazine.I like it because it has everything from recipes,fitness,styles, etc..articles about health.Great magazine!!

Robert I know your excited about the great results on your test!!Keep up the good work!!Your doing great!!
    Hope everyone has a good weekend and stay motivated!!!:glasses:
  • lorihov
    lorihov Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Not a nice spring day here. It's not to cold, went for a short walk. It started lightly snowing. I am going to miss being on vacation. Spotted a group of deer feeding by the stable. Also had a fox run by this morning while I was eating breakfast. Wow way to go Robert that is impressive results, keep up the good work.
  • angbieb
    Options
    Robert those test results are amazing!! 2 extra min. on plank...10 more pushups..etc..INCREDIBLE!!!

April..you should be able to find a great bit of advice in that mag to share!!! Cool!

I still have to get some info...from mine before I share...see you soon!:heart:
  • LeahKRayas
    LeahKRayas Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    This morning started out cold and cloudy, it looked like it was going to rain at any second but by noon the sun was out and it was nice and WARM! So I put my son in his stroller and went for a walk. I also found a brand new blender still in the box on my steps when I got home and have not been able to figure out how it got there. ( Maybe I should go for walks more often hahaha)
    No new magazines for me today, since I still have not managed to find a car I want to buy and I would have to walk way too far to get one since the closest store is at least a ten minute drive! I have noticed that a lot of fitness magazines like shape (can't think of any others at the moment but there are more) that have everything from workouts and recipes online for free.
  • angbieb
    Options
    This morning started out cold and cloudy, it looked like it was going to rain at any second but by noon the sun was out and it was nice and WARM! So I put my son in his stroller and went for a walk. I also found a brand new blender still in the box on my steps when I got home and have not been able to figure out how it got there. ( Maybe I should go for walks more often hahaha)
    No new magazines for me today, since I still have not managed to find a car I want to buy and I would have to walk way too far to get one since the closest store is at least a ten minute drive! I have noticed that a lot of fitness magazines like shape (can't think of any others at the moment but there are more) that have everything from workouts and recipes online for free.

Maybe it came from the blender fairy..lol..that is so funny! Leave them a note on your front porch to bring a new car next time! lol! I feel so bad for you that you don't have a car hon! That is awful! I wish I lived close to you so I could help you out! I think me and you would be great friends if I did! I hope you get a car soon!!!:heart: