“Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition”

Options
Besides the "Biggest Loser" another one of my favorite programs is “Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition” does anyone else like that one?

I just watched a rerun from last year, with Jarvez a guy that weighed 548 lbs when he started and lost 142 lbs in the first 90 days, man would that be Great, if I could lose 142 lbs in 90 days, I’d be done losing and then some, then just have to maintain, the hard part, lol

The part that really hit home for me is, in the beginning Jarvez is riding a bike with Chris Powell (I really like Chris Powell, he is one of my favorite trainers, I feel like I could really do well with a trainer like him), so Jarvez is riding a bike and the seat on the bike breaks right off the bike. I can really relate to this feeling, I’m not as big as Jarvez, but I have had my share of breaking things because I’m too heavy, folding chairs, lawn chairs, tables, kitchen counters, etc. The feelings he said he felt when the seat broke, I have also felt many times in my life, shame, embarrassment, humiliation and many others.

Not fitting into booths at restaurants, not fitting on rides at amusement parks, seatbelts not fitting (car and airplane), feeling like I need two seats on an airplane, feeling like the airplane may not get off the ground because I’m too heavy, jk lol.

All these feelings I have felt many times in my life, throughout my whole life and I am sick and tired of feeling these feelings! I want to feel Happy, Happy feelings, truly Happy feelings!

idk I’m still thinking about this whole thing and how I feel about it (I don’t think I have ever used the word feel or feelings more in my life, I must have strong feelings about this, LOL); I just don’t know, if I truly feel this way about my weight, then why do I self-sabotage, why do I struggle so hard against just doing it, why do I make so many excuses, sometimes I make myself sick with all the self-talk and I hear myself make-up excuses. I am so sick of it.

The show just ended (its two hours long) Jarvez lost 281 lbs in a year, I really like this show, they take one man or one woman for one year and transform their LIFE, I Love it! I see myself doing that, one year from now transforming my LIFE!

Replies

• angbieb
    angbieb Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Besides the "Biggest Loser" another one of my favorite programs is “Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition” does anyone else like that one?

I just watched a rerun from last year, with Jarvez a guy that weighed 548 lbs when he started and lost 142 lbs in the first 90 days, man would that be Great, if I could lose 142 lbs in 90 days, I’d be done losing and then some, then just have to maintain, the hard part, lol

The part that really hit home for me is, in the beginning Jarvez is riding a bike with Chris Powell (I really like Chris Powell, he is one of my favorite trainers, I feel like I could really do well with a trainer like him), so Jarvez is riding a bike and the seat on the bike breaks right off the bike. I can really relate to this feeling, I’m not as big as Jarvez, but I have had my share of breaking things because I’m too heavy, folding chairs, lawn chairs, tables, kitchen counters, etc. The feelings he said he felt when the seat broke, I have also felt many times in my life, shame, embarrassment, humiliation and many others.

Not fitting into booths at restaurants, not fitting on rides at amusement parks, seatbelts not fitting (car and airplane), feeling like I need two seats on an airplane, feeling like the airplane may not get off the ground because I’m too heavy, jk lol.

All these feelings I have felt many times in my life, throughout my whole life and I am sick and tired of feeling these feelings! I want to feel Happy, Happy feelings, truly Happy feelings!

idk I’m still thinking about this whole thing and how I feel about it (I don’t think I have ever used the word feel or feelings more in my life, I must have strong feelings about this, LOL); I just don’t know, if I truly feel this way about my weight, then why do I self-sabotage, why do I struggle so hard against just doing it, why do I make so many excuses, sometimes I make myself sick with all the self-talk and I hear myself make-up excuses. I am so sick of it.

The show just ended (its two hours long) Jarvez lost 281 lbs in a year, I really like this show, they take one man or one woman for one year and transform their LIFE, I Love it! I see myself doing that, one year from now transforming my LIFE!

Yes I love that show!! And you can do it!! I think the trick is just to take it one day at a time and make daily goals and achieve them one day at a time...you can do it!!!:wink:
  • lorihov
    lorihov Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    It's easy to stay the same. It's hard to change, even a small change. That's why you have to do it one day at a time and give yourself some credit for having the guts to make the change. I wish I could give you a big hug. Just know we are here for you.
  • kscalish
    kscalish Posts: 7
    Options
    It's hard because like any addict it's hard to get over the addiction. People don't think of food as an addiction because you need food to survive. I understand all the feelings with being overweight. You're afraid to go places because you wonder if you will fit through the door or will you fit in the chair or will something break if you sit down. My life has been hindered for way too long because of my weight. Sometimes I wish I had another addiction besides food because then I could quit cold turkey...you can't quit eating.