SOS: Shout out Sundays 4/7/2013

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Okay troops you know the drill...let's talk of the good bad and ugly...celebrations and discoveries of self and life you had this week on the health and fitness journey!

Peace,
WW

Replies

• tessavonhagen
    tessavonhagen Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    ok so for the month of march i actually gained 3 pds which doesnt seem like a lot but believe me it is. i bought a new dress to wear for church today and it looked so aweful on me. i just wanted to cry. But its ok i know i can do this just have to pull myself out of this hole i seem to have fallen in an find my motivation again.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    So what have I learned? Well, my family can drive me to tears because they don't understand how my brain works, whatever is wrong with my ankle isn't going to be an easy fix, and I was so happy to start back to my gym workout routine (and the pain feels so good!)
    So what am I doing? Well, tomorrow I begin the plan my RD suggested for food and continue to get back into my full regular workout routine (at least the best I can until the doc figures out what's going on with the ankle) and hope for the best.
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Beatrixia and I might, maybe, possibly be in a free trial 12 week personal online trainer program thing, potentially. Right here and now I'm publicly thanking her for letting me know it was happening...even if we don't get in.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    How cool! Mr. AaK you must let us know how it goes!

It is okay to not want to exercise all the time. I am not 'excited' about it all the time. I need yoga! You have heard that before.
    Oh and when the impulse to exercise hits go with it instantly! You don't know when will return!
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    WW, you're so right about exercising when you feel it. I didn't today, but it was my rest day anyway.
    This week... not much happened. My arms seem to have the strength of a weed in the wind, but I'm working on it. Also I lost one of the two pounds I gained over the past few weeks. Some day I will be under 190!
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Beatrixia and I might, maybe, possibly be in a free trial 12 week personal online trainer program thing, potentially. Right here and now I'm publicly thanking her for letting me know it was happening...even if we don't get in.

Oh, I just saw this! Thanks, Aakx3; my pleasure. :) (And I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you...)

One of my April goals is to avoid added sugar for at least 21 days. I'd like to do this so that I can normalize not eating added sugar all the time instead of eating it whenever I crave it. I don't want to think of certain foods as "bad," but I do tend to over-consume processed sugar (and have for years). If I ate it in moderation, that would be cool, but I don't. I'd like to change that habit now.

So far, I've avoided added sugar 2 out of 7 days. I need to step up my game. :)
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Bea, 2 out of 7 is a good start. This week just try to do 3 out of 7 and so forth. You got this!

I am so grateful that the Lord has showed me how to conquer bad habits. One bad habit at a time. Replace bad act with good act. Do this until it becomes second nature and no thought is required.

I have changed so many bad habits in the past 1 1/2 years. My current challenge/change is increasing vegetable intake. I made the policy no junk until i have eaten a vegetable serving. I am doing well.

Today I wore my new crazy pants to HIS home school group. I was center of attention. the teens loved my outfit the Mom's just showered me compliments and my son Josh was proud to know me and have me for a mom. For those that do not have teens that is a rare treat.

Thank you all for your unwavering dedication it truly makes a difference.