Pick one goal for the week and stick to it!

Options
I like to keep this group motivated and get us going in the right direction. I would like each of us to pick one goal to do,this week. No matter,how big or small. Just a step. Let us know,and next Monday,we will hold each other accountable and we will applaud your success! No failures in this group! Some ideas,could be to walk an extra 15 minutes,walk faster,go up and down steps 3 times,what ever it takes. Maybe,no pasta for the week,or no candy,cake or cookies. Maybe even to treat yourself(non food treat).
HERE IS MY GOAL for the week of April 7-April 12- Call a new friend and walk outside :happy: Can't wait to hear your goals!C'mon everyone. This is going to be a great month!

Replies

• bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    My goal is to do all of my planned workouts! I've been slacking since Hubby left. I have a schedule written out and have done maybe half this past week. This week, I'm gonna do it all!

Good luck everyone :)
  • tabbyrose727
    tabbyrose727 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I would like to set a goal to exercise everyday - and spend more time outside! The sunlight makes me feel happier and less likely to mindlessly eat (or eat because I'm down) if I'm outside moving!
  • Aboele79
    Aboele79 Posts: 40
    Options
    I am with you all my planned workouts def
    My goal is to do all of my planned workouts! I've been slacking since Hubby left. I have a schedule written out and have done maybe half this past week. This week, I'm gonna do it all!

Good luck everyone :)
  • jeansuza
    jeansuza Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    It's a great idea. I will try not to procrastinate. When I follow my schedule, I am happy with myself and thus find it easier not to binge... Emotions, we come back to it!
  • dawnp1833
    dawnp1833 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    This is my stress week at my second job. I teach drama to kids at night and when it's a show week, I'm working my day job, shopping for costumes on my lunch break, racing to rehearsal after work, staying up painting scenery until the wee hours, exhausted in the morning and running late.... it makes it so easy to just grab fast food and eat it in my car.

So my small goal is to really make an effort to eat healthy this week. Maybe I can pack salads and cereal to eat at my desk all week.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    goal is to eat vegetables every night this week!.
  • Zoesmum025
    Options
    I intend to stay on target for the rest of the week no matter what problems may arise!
  • EvelynBfly78
    EvelynBfly78 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Broaden my salad horizons. Put a new veg/fruit in my salad. One I haven't used before. So far I have asparagus.
  • Luvable84v
    Luvable84v Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get up early every day this week and do an hours walk before work!! Eventually building it up into a 30min run every morning. But I'm starting small :)

Good luck with your mini missions everyone, we can do it x
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Ok, this week, 7-13 April goals

Do the 2lb weight ball workout DVD, 3x
    Do the pilates band workout DVD - ab section, 2x
    Do the yoga workout DVD - 1x

I'm attempting to incorporate more strength and ab training.
    The yoga is for stretching and flexible.
    Cardio I'll do easily 4x this week -- so that's not my problem area.

Did the pilates band workout DVD ab section last night for the first time.
    The ab section is only 10 minutes... good golly -- it was harder than I anticipated!
  • susanjean62
    susanjean62 Posts: 200
    Options
    Those are fantastic goals! I like your variety of exercise and think I have to look for some variety also. I am new to exercise,but am excited about learning and losing inches and getting stronger. Do you have any favorite exercise videos that aren't too advanced? I found a few on my local premium channel that I am going to attempt to do. Have a wonderful day:smile:
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    SusanJean

All of the ones I have purchased came from Walmart.
    I have not looked at the workout channels available from my cable provider.
    If it's not included in my basic cable package -- then it's not for me. (I will not pay for a premium channel.)

Once home, I'll provide the list of what I have.

The Pilates band is new -- very new. Got that because the 2lb weight ball DVD instructor kept saying "if you do pilates... for those who do pilates.... etc etc etc."

The yoga I got because once a month the library offers a free class. The instructor suggested I do 1x a week to help me gain flexibility and be able to do poses in her class. Plus, I've had several counselors suggest I do yoga for relaxation.

I'll be in touch!
  • bookworm_847
    Options
    Plum, I'm not sure if you've looked into it or are interested, but Netflix has a ton of fitness dvd's with their dvd subscription (not the streaming, unfortunately). I didn't realize how many different types of yoga there are until I was browsing their selection! You can also get good deals from Amazon.com. Just FYI :happy:
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    Thanks for the neat idea.

At this time, Netflix and I are not going to have a relationship.
  • susanjean62
    Options
    After I read your post,looked through my cable package and found free rentals. They have 4 workout video's. I checked out the one,that seems interesting. Yoga moves with some ballet moves. Tried to do a few and it was ok,but I think it was just the warm up...lol. What is a pilates band? Is it like a resistant band? I think I would benefit from some yoga,as it seems relaxing. Thank you for the tips!
  • susanjean62
    Options
    Do you pay a monthly fee for Netflix? I think I may go to my local library and try various workout dvd's and then if I like them,maybe purchase them,if I can get them cheap enough. Thanks for the tip. I'm always for tips and advice,especially when it comes to getting fit. Can never have enough information. :smile:
  • bookworm_847
    Options
    Yes, there's a monthly fee depending on how many dvd's you want at one time. I think it's 1-3. There's a one month free trial so you can try it and see if you like it. That's what I was planning on doing, but I've found so many movies I want to see that I may have to pay for a month or two!

The library would be a good idea too. I live in a really small town and haven't really found many fitness dvd's, so I decided to give Netflix a whirl. The first one I'm getting is a belly dancing dvd. I'm one of the least coordinated people I know so it should be interesting, lol :)
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    I did have a bellydancing DVD as well as an hawaiian dance DVD.

My problem is... I'll get the DVD... use sparingly.... then determine it's a non-use.

When I found ZUMU... I was able to sell off all unwanted DVDs.
    At the time, the bellydancing and hawaiian dance went to ZUMU.
  • susanjean62
    Options
    Good idea! I took a belly dancing class,when I was in my twenty's. I remember,our workouts. We had to spell the alphabet(in cursive) with our hips. It was great fun and also really whittled my waist. think I may look back into this :smile:
  • susanjean62
    Options
    Is Zuma different than Zumba? I went to an intro at my local park and rec center,and tried Zumba. I loved the fast pace,but couldn't keep up with all the steps. My feet got tangled up! lol... When I was young,I danced(go-go) so I thought I could do it,but found it to be to hard to follow.