Introduce yourself

Options
dani2bkickin
dani2bkickin Posts: 29 Member
Hello,
Just trying to motivate myself and others to help lead a healthy lifestyle for us and our children. To set a good example. To follow through with what we do.
What helps you get motivated to live a healthy life?

Replies

• TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the invite!

My name is Nikki and I'm a mother to two. My son will be 6 in the summer and my daughter is 16 months.

My motivation is my mood, honestly. I find that the changes to my lifestyle have helped me reduce stress and combat depression, so it's brought many good things to me and my family!

I look forward to getting to know some new friends!
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Hi and thanks for the invite. I had my son November 6, 2012 and love being a Mom. We are hoping to have our second child next year. For now I am working on losing the last 10 pounds to reach my goal weight.

Motivation for me is how I feel after a workout and how I look now versus months ago. I want to be happy and healthy and be able to be proud of who I am.
  • kirstina_23
    kirstina_23 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Hi thanks for the invite :)

I have been a memeber of mfp for a long time and its a great tool.I had my son july 4 last year and gained 68 pounds wayyyyy more than i wanted. Im down to the last 6 YEAHHHHH.

Looking forward to our journey of motherhood and lifestyle changes
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite!

We just celebrated our daughter's one year birthday on 03/20! We have been completely blessed, because she is an amazing baby in so many ways.

I don't think we plan on having any more kiddos.

My motivation? Honestly, it depends on the day. I only weigh and measure once a month, maybe (big maybe) twice a month. So usually the first week or two after seeing my measurements drop and my weight down 3 or 4 pounds I am motivated just by that. Usually by the third or fourth week my motivation moves to other things, small ones mostly, like being able to put on all my "skinny" pants or trying on a pair of shorts from last year and them being way to big, seeing someone else's success, the small, simple things in life.
  • KatieTee83
    KatieTee83 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!
    So glad to be invited to another mommy group. I love my Sexy Mamas Unite! board, I've found a lot of friends and motivation there. But I like that this board has the specific goal of healthy living, there's so much more involved in that than JUST losing weight.

My daughter is 2 (today!), and ever since I knew I was having a girl, I knew I wanted to set a good example for her and do what I could to give her a healthy body image growing up. I've always had a rocky relationship with food and I really want to change that.

So my motivation is my daughter, my own health, and getting fit and healthy for baby #2, who we will hopefully get started on this summer.
  • dani2bkickin
    Options
    Thank you ladies for joining and sharing your journey with everyone!! Hopefully we can share and make this as fun as possible! Get excited to workout! Have a fun support group, even though most of us are not in the same state or country!

And happy birthday to kthrock's daughter!
  • Peaches126
    Peaches126 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am a 44 year old woman (my friend call me Peaches) and have always been within my weight range until I hit my late 30's. I have manged to gain over 45 lbs withing 2 years! I am trying hard to get back to that place mentally where fitness and nutrition are my priority but I am struggling. I am hoping that hearing from others and sharing my experineces will help get me there. My goal is to lose the 45 lbs I have gained by losing 1 lb a week, then reach my goal weigh of 145 by April of 2014!

Nice to meet you all!
  • CJMommyof2
    CJMommyof2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi! Thanks for the invite!

I am 30 years old and have a 10 year old boy and 8 year old girl! I work full time and between work and my kids' sports schedule we are a very busy house. I spent 4 years in a depression that led me to give up on myself and gain 80 lbs. I now weigh 221 which is more than I even weighed when I was pregnant with either of my children. I have decided that getting healthy and in shape is my #1 priority right now and thankfully my kids help push me to do more!
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Amber, I'm a 33 year old mom of a great almost 10 year old boy and the step mom to a "I'm an adult now and do what I want" 19 year old stepson. I had lost my 63rd pound on the very day that I found out I was pregnant with my son. For the last almost 10 years I bounced back and forth within a 20pound range...then I found MFP. I have met and surpassed my original goal of losing 20 pounds and have lost almost 40 at this point... I'm around 160 now and would like to see 150 before I am 'done'. Nice to meet all of you!

One of my all time favorite perks so far has been getting outside and PLAYING with my son! Kickball, toss, and just going for walks are some of our favorite things these days :heart:
  • kerrbear79
    kerrbear79 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Kerri and I'm a 33 year old mother of a 2 1/2 year old girl and 5 month old boy. I just recently got back to pre-pregnancy weight but would like to lose a few more pounds to reach my ultimate goal weight. I was 2 lbs away from it before getting pregnant this time & now about 3 to get there. So I guess that is a big motivation for me right now....to see that magic number. Of course there is always the motivation of just being in good health to prevent sickness, diseases (cancer, diabetes, etc.), future health problems (osteoporosis, etc.) & hopefully teaching my children to be healthy since I had to learn on my own. I don't want them to ever go through the struggles I've gone through.
  • dani2bkickin
    Options
    As I'm reading everyones Introduction, I gotta say everyone on here is amazing! Everyone has different tasks and challenges a day, but taking the time out for ourselves, to make ourselves healthy is making a better us, a better mom and a better future for our families!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    hi Everyone!

I'm 33 and just gave birth to my first, a girl, 8 weeks ago. :)
    I had always been in shape but gained way too much during my pregnancy and am working on losing that. I gained 60 and have lost 31 so far, hoping to lose the other 30 quickly.
    I've been on MFP for a long time already.
    Before my daughter my motivation was just to look good (and I knew good health would come with exercise/healthy diet anyways). Now my motivations are to look good AND be a good role model for my daughter. I want her to see me working out and eating healthily and being at a healthy weight.
  • Myppfitness
    Myppfitness Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello x:] I'm 20 in a few days and just had my first in Dec. Prepregnancy I was fit and a healthy size 5 135 lbs. During my pregnancy because of complications I was unable to work out from the beginning and gained almost 60 lbs and 10 pant sizes. Not to mention I've been eating so much processed food post partum! I just feel gross.
    My motivation is how good I feel when I eat right and workout. Normally I'm sluggish and void of energy or drive, but when I'm fit I feel like superwoman. I also have depression and it helps tremendously.
  • AlexLeeAS
    AlexLeeAS Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Alex. I am 23. i have 2 gorgeous boys. a 2.5 and 7months. i gained major weight with both. i am 5'4" and 186lbs. i lost weight way easier after my first. i am a stress eater and i binge on sweets major. i dont even see "me" when i look in the mirror . i am 45lbs heavier and i feel so lost and unhealthy. hoping to find me again.
  • Time4NUME
    Time4NUME Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Yes, thank you for inviting me..... I have two awesome kids a one year old and a two year old. Everyday is super busy but I try my best to make time for me.. Which I know you all know that can be challenging at times... But again thanks for the invite... We can do this!!!!
  • swopen
    swopen Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Nicole. I have a two year old daughter and a five month old daughter. My husband and I both work full time and my parents alternate days watching the girls (we are so blessed!). I have been overweight my whole life, but my weight skyrocketed when I stated dating my husband, who is 6'4" 160 (disgustingly skinny lol). I was not fit for either pregnancy but luckily both girls were healthy and there were no complications.

My main motivation is to be around for my girls and to be active with them. also, I'd like for my hubby to get his thinner wife back (or one even smaller!)

I also pump-my 5 month old is exclusively on breast milk (like her sister was) and am wondering if there is anyone else trying to manage that and work and kids and weight loss.
  • labtech666
    labtech666 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Rachel. I'm 37 and have a 17 year old daughter.
    All the women in my family tend to struggle with weight, but when I realised that I was the same weight as I had been immediately prior to giving birth I decided I had to do something about it. I'm trying to get generally fitter and healthier.
  • dani2bkickin
    Options
    We have some Kick A** ladies on here! Some real super moms balancing everything that we do!
  • mrob04
    mrob04 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I might be a lil late in this introduction thing but thts the story of my life! I am a momma to 3 kiddos. A girl 8, a boy 6 and the little red caboose as we call him is a boy who is 2. We call him the little red caboose b/c he is the only one of my 3 children who has red hair. Furthermore, neither I nor my husband has red hair. Hes just a random red-headed boy thrown into a mix of blondes! ;-) I work full time as a bank teller. My husband works 2nd (145 in the afternoon- midnight) shift so during the work week I am basically a single parent left to chaffeur the older 2 children to play practice/ball games. Its so hard to balance it all. I have never been overweight until after my 2nd child was born. Now I weigh 240#s (Im 5'10") my BMI is like 34 & my triglcyerides levels are 350. If I continue in this path of self destruction I will have a heart attack b4 I turn 35. I wanna be here to see my grandchildren so now I am searching after a healthy lifestyle in order to be healthier. I need lots of support and motivation. Im so glad to be apart of this group! :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • mylifemadelite
    Options
    I'm Rochelle. I'm a 35 year old first time mom to a 10 month old and I work full-time. He is our golden boy because he was conceived after 5 years of trying and will likely be an only child. I was losing weight when I found out I was pregnant. I have a long ways to go. I have been overweight most of my adult life. I was 10 lbs from my prepregnancy weight when I stopped exclusively pumping. My son went through a very high needs phase and I decided that taking care of him was my main focus. After that I gained back some of the weight. After 10 months I finally have found the time to take care of myself. I have started getting up an hour earlier before work to exercise and I have given up most of my lunch period to walk. I refuse to give up mommy and baby time when I get home from work and he is often too fussy to tolerate walks around the neighborhood. I single parent in the evenings because my husband does not get home until after the nugget is in bed. We hardly see each other during the week.

I really want to lose this weight for good and be able to run around with my kid as he becomes more active. I want to be present in every moment of his life and I am tired of hiding my big butt from pictures. Mostly, I just want to feel good again. I want to wake up and face the day with the same energy as my son. :smile: