new and looking for christian friends

Options
Hi my name is Katie. I'm a single mom of an 11 year old daughter. I started out weighing 250 pounds. I am now at 177 pounds. I am taking a course on my undereating that is christian based. would love a lot of christian friends

Replies

• idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie! I am a married mom of 2 girls - ages 8 and 5. Sounds like you're making great progress on your weight loss. I pray that God will continue to lead you on your journey. But we must always remember to put His Kingdom first! That's way more important that a number on the scale.

Having said that, welcome aboard!

Ilissa
  • debbieannbuck
    debbieannbuck Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies,
    I would love to have new Christian friends to encourage and to be encouraged on my walk with Jesus and my weight loss.
    Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Frogmuzik
    Frogmuzik Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello. Looking for christian friends that need to lose as well. I started reading "Made to Crave" it was recomended by Mandisa. It is all about replacing our need for food to fill our emptiness emotionally or whatever, or eating when we are emotional or bored, and filling it with time with God. I got off track a bit after straining my lower back...again. But I am starting again.

Current weight is 180ish, goal weight is 130.
  • valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Hello all of you! Thanks for the book recommendation...definitely want to look into that one! I'm Valerie a SAHM of 3 kids five year and under. I'm close to halfway to my goal...I have about 40 more pounds to go!
  • janeeley68
    janeeley68 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am Judi. I would love to have more christian friends also. I started at 316+ and have lost 97 pounds so far (All Glory to God, who has given me the strength). I also have read and teach Made to Crave. It is an excellent series. Please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Srogas
    Srogas Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    My name is Susan. I am 53 and have 2 daughters ages 19 and 24. My husband is a pastor and we are in the process of moving from Michigan to Texas. I am at 210 and have hit a plateau. I think I will get that book.
    Please feel free to add me!
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I am a 68 year old pastor's wife. My hubbie and I live in Apple Valley, California. I am losing weight...first to qualify for double knee replacement surgery...then, only God knows.

I would love to be an MFP sister to any of you.
  • kaybeau
    kaybeau Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hi katie,
    I am Kay and a nurse from 'up north' in England, feel free to add me, pray with me and if you have one spare, pray for me too.
  • byrdiebee
    byrdiebee Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Been on MFP for going on two months, and I'm glad I found this group. (Hi, Rose!) The forums sorta scare me (ha ha) but I'd love to become more a part of the community. I use the tracker, blog, and am walking to Mordor with the Tolkein fans. (Tracking my walking exercise)

Christian, wife, mother, and caregiver for aunt with CP, I have a houseful that keeps me hopping. I home school the youngest 5 (woo hoo, just graduated number 4, I'm almost half way there!!!) .

I had a surgery last year that enabled me to do things again and I am on a journey to get fit. I'd love to journey with you. :)

I think I'll add those on this thread and see where we go from there. But I'm cooking dinner right now and the timer just dinged, so add me, too, if you like. . ;)
  • jmnicholas
    jmnicholas Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Not so wise yet, but God's working on me...including my skewed self image. Feel free to add me...

J
  • AlliBarlik
    AlliBarlik Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hello. Looking for christian friends that need to lose as well. I started reading "Made to Crave" it was recomended by Mandisa. It is all about replacing our need for food to fill our emptiness emotionally or whatever, or eating when we are emotional or bored, and filling it with time with God. I got off track a bit after straining my lower back...again. But I am starting again.

Current weight is 180ish, goal weight is 130.

Hi! Great book! I did the study twice!! I love Lysa! Feel free to add me! I just found this group and am so happy!
  • vintagegirl3
    vintagegirl3 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Brenda, I just joined this group tonight. I am married and have three daughters age 14, 13 and 9. I am looking to lose around 90 pounds. I would love to have some more friends so please feel free to add me if you like.
  • agcarden1
    agcarden1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm new to MFP and thought I'd try out a group. I'm 25, married for 2 years, no kids (yet), and hoping to lose another 10-15lbs. Feel free to add me as a friend! I'd like to share something with you all that has greatly inspired me not to just "get skinny" but rather to be healthy in body and spirit. I hope this also touches someone else in this group!

Don't you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body. -1Corinthians 6:19-20
  • crystaldport
    crystaldport Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie! I, too, am undertaking this journey about my health with the help God, and Him alone! I am a wife and mother of 3 and work outside the home. I am 44 and need to lose about 90 - 100 pounds. God has already allowed me to lose 40! Yay!! I would love to be friends on MFP to encourage and uplift.
  • dpcoggins
    dpcoggins Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm Patty and began MFP about 18 months ago, lost 12 lbs and got sidetracked. Gained back part of that. I need to lose about 25 lbs for my health. I am type 2 diabetic with good control on meds. I never joined a group before and am hoping all of you will give me the support and accountability I need now. Looking forward to the journey.
  • luiescott
    luiescott Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP three months ago TODAY! (I think this is the longest I've stuck with ANY eating plan!) Hoping to gain some wisdom here ;) Christian, wife, mother of five teenagers and young adults. My mother moved in with us two years ago. Life is just busy! Autoimmune disease killed my thyroid, and I've spent the past year trying to get meds tweaked and regulated. Thankful to have this tool to help me in my quest to get healthy. I love friends...feel free to add!
  • WDA4655
    WDA4655 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie, My name is Darlene, I am married for the second time (both my 1st husband and John's 1st wife past away). John & I have between us 6 children all but one are married. We have 16 grandchildren and 4 great grandchildren. All living in NJ but one in Kansas.
    We are retired down here in sunny Florida.

I have been on MFP since April 2013 and love it and love to encourage and be encouraged by friends here. I love the Lord God my Father to pieces and know and have accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior. He is awesome!!

I have lost 28 lbs. so far and have about 140 lbs to go. Feel free to add me as your friend and we will walk this journey together uplifting each other.:wink:
  • WDA4655
    WDA4655 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I just joined Wise Women Of Faith and would love to have Christian Women to help me along my journey. I to will encourage and uplift you to as we do this journey together.

You can see my post above with a little about myself. I should have wrote this first. Oh, well. LOL!!!