Starting Healthy Once Again

Options
I am always trying to lose weight. Always have. I am never sucessful because I always give in/ give up. I have lost 30+lbs before and have gained it back and more. I am here again trying. I am 24 years old and 212lbs. I am looking for some girls my age for support through this journey. First goal is healthy weight at 154. Please add me if you are around the same and looking for support :)

Replies

• toshi89
    toshi89 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I understand. I'm almost 24 & the same thing happened to me. I eventually pushed up to 220. So I joined this & started to be more active. It's important to be active, not always to work out. I take walks, hit the gym, and I'm married so...Eat what you want, but learn to portion. Try to cut out unhealthy foods. Most important, be mentally ready for your new lifestyle. It's a lifestyle, not a diet and you have to be ready to live it. I've lost 35 ibs in 3 months & I'm not done.
  • candiceg1992
    candiceg1992 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey Im going add you so we can support each other :) I'm in the same boat. Maxing at 194lbs and currently at 187lbs I too have been starting and stopping since I was 15. My first goal weight is 163lbs. Like toshi89 said i'm taking that approach, making it manageable. In the past ive done diet plans with all these meals that are fancy ingredients i don't usually buy and waste later but now i'm taking a hunter gatherer approach of basically proteins then carbs in the form of vegetables, and some healthier fats like avocado. I'm doing my first 4 days on protein only to kick-start it and get my body to detox for carbs and the sugars. Well that's my approach haha we are all different but looking forward to supporting each other :)
  • SheedahSmile14
    SheedahSmile14 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am in the exact same boat. I've pushed up to 222lbs, the highest I've ever been even though I have always been overweight, since elementary school. My goal is similar, 150lbs (I like round numbers lol). Please add me, it's so hard to stay on track.