Welcome!

Options
So I thought the easiest way to talk as a team would be to create a group for us! First I'd like to apologize for it taking me a while to get to my duties, I was very busy this weekend with work. But now I'm here and ready to roll. So we might as well introduce ourselves and think of some plans to help with the weight loss or share ideas, things that have worked for you, etc.

Replies

• tenpoints4u
    tenpoints4u Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I was gone this weekend as well, but did a lot of walking (DisneyWorld and Sea World) so I lost 3.6 pounds over the weekend. I had been riding a stationary bike and gotten up to 20 minutes. Now I can walk 2 miles in about 30 minutes. Joined the gym so i can have access to weight training for toning. Kept my calories at or under my daily goal except Saturday. I was over by 500 but I added a lot of calorie numbers for things I could not find in the logs, so it may have been closer. Excited for the challange and will do everything I can to loose my part.
    Do we have goals we want to lose this month. Time for exercise, etc. I'll have a full day tomorrow, but will check in Wednesday for updates.
  • CADteacher
    CADteacher Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am just getting started already loosing my motivation for counting :(
  • lasulit
    lasulit Posts: 22 Member
    Options

hang in there! We can do this. Don't lose hope just when it's about to get exciting. Our team leader is here now and we're gonna obliterate the competition.
  • lasulit
    lasulit Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi, Leo here. 31 year old call center team supervisor in the Philippines. Went up to 236lbs last January and I said that was it. I've lost 34 pounds since then. But It was all wrong until March and that's when I found MyFitnessPal. I found out I was only netting 100 calories with the food I was eating and exercise I was doing from Jan to Feb. So i hit a wall at 221 from Feb 1 to March 1. Since I found this site I've been in love with it. I lost 19 pounds since I started counting my calories properly. My goal is to go down to 155lbs. by end of June. And then I start bulking up.

I'm really looking forward to this. Go Team 13!
  • flockofhamsters
    flockofhamsters Posts: 14 Member
    Options

Don't worry, we're all here to help motivate each other, too (: I had the same problem not too long ago, I started not keeping track of my calories or anything. I'm back to it though and I think MFP in general is a huge motivator because it keeps me organized.
  • flockofhamsters
    Options
    It's great to meet you all :D

My goal is to hopefully lose at least another 15lbs by the end of the month, since I was able to lose 10 in 15 days I'm hoping that it's possible for me. I'm planning on jogging 6 times a week since it's getting warmer out, and I'm going to a zumba class tonight. Unfortunately I don't have access to a gym so I do yoga in my house with dvds or go on walks/jogs outside, do some push ups and sit ups in my room, but that's about it. Still, I've been losing regularly even though I don't have access to different machines at a gym, so I'm feeling pretty good about it.
  • CADteacher
    CADteacher Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Dispite my failing to keep track a while since starting I have been making better choices and have already lost nine pounds for our team.
  • flockofhamsters
    Options
    That's awesome work! I'm glad to hear that you were able to get past the beginning struggles :D I hope everyone else is doing well, too.
  • tenpoints4u
    tenpoints4u Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    great work. you can do it. it becomes a habit after you do it for a while.