Raw vegans

Options
SurfyFriend
SurfyFriend Posts: 362 Member
Is anyone out there raw vegan?
Or fruitarian?
I want to be, but would like similar friends to talk to :)

Replies

• kirlia
    kirlia Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I consider myself 75% raw (although my mom just bought me a bunch of tofu products I don't want to waste, so lately it's been more like 50%), and always on the lookout for new friends on the same journey, since we seem to be few and far between - feel free to add me!
  • PleasantDisarray
    PleasantDisarray Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm 80% raw, 10% otherwise vegan, 10% vegetarian. It's going to be hard to maintain because I live on campus, but I'm hoping to stick to it to the best of my ability!
  • danikanoodles
    danikanoodles Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Raw vegan here! I'll send you a friend request. Best thing I've ever done for my health.
  • heroyalslimness
    heroyalslimness Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I am raw vegan:flowerforyou: .

Mostly:huh:
  • ProjectHappyHealthy
    ProjectHappyHealthy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 75 percent raw, 75 percent vegan (the rest vegetarian) and would love to know similarly minded people! :) When friends and family are unsupportive it can help to have a support group to lean on. Everybody feel free to friend me, we can trade recipes and ideas for a more compassionate world :)

Liz
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    About 50% raw here but as a disciple/student of yoga and also Hindu, I am taught to eat most of my foods lightly cooked to aid digestion.

The argument, I'm sure you've heard before, is that raw foods have the highest levels of nutrients but take the most effort to digest and so those nutrients sometimes leave as waste before they are digested, whereas although cooking foods lowers nutrient levels a lot of the digestion is already done in the cooking and so you assimilate more of the nutrients that are left.

Obviously not a definitie science.
  • ProjectHappyHealthy
    ProjectHappyHealthy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 80 percent vegan,60 percent raw, and eat eggs and dairy only when I obtain it from friends with chickens or dairy cattle who are loved and have names. I'm trying to work into eating more food and would love to meet/friend others of a similar mindset :)

Liz