How often do you CF and what else do you do?

Options
Mummyadams
Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
Hi all, I currently CF 2 x mornings a week and weight train / cardio the other 3-4 days a week. I really want to increase my CF to 3 x week but am also wanting to try something different like maybe boxing to help with my cardio and maybe a pilates to help with my flexibility. What does your week look like, why and how is it working for you?

Replies

• PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    I do cf about 5 to 6 times a week, if I feel crazy I might then go for a mile run
  • difabu
    difabu Posts: 143
    Options
    I CrossFit every weekday morning (with an occasional Monday off after a backpacking weekend) and I walk 2-6 miles almost every weekday evening.

On weekends, I either hike or mountain bike on Saturday. One weekend each month I backpack (means hiking in on Saturday and out on Sunday). In the winter, I snowshoe more than I hike. And I try to snowboard and/or cross-country ski whenever my schedule and budget allow.

Once a month, literally, I feel compelled to run. I loathe running. When it comes to "Fight or flight", I'm definitely gonna fight. ;)
  • alysa521
    alysa521 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I crossfit 5 times per week, following the usual 3 on 1 off 2 on 1 off pattern. I also run 2-3 times per week, usually 3-5 miles at a time unless I'm training for a race. I also just try and be active playing coed soccer or playing tennis with my husband on the weekends.
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I Crossfit usually 5 or 6 times a week, depending on the programming and cycle to and from work (16km total) twice a week. On top of that, I try to hit the gym for straight strength training (Wendler 3-2-1) 3x per week and if I'm particularly good, I'll get at least one 8-10km run in there.
  • ohpiper
    ohpiper Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I try to do Crossfit M/W/F. The same facility has Cardio MMA workouts that I do on Tues/Thurs, depending upon my work schedule. When possible I do Krav Maga workouts there on Saturdays.
  • quirkyone1
    Options
    I do crossfit 5 days/week. I also play rec sports 1 or 2 days during certain seasons.
  • Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    Options
    I CF 3-4 times a week. I am also trying to improve my running, so I usually go for a 2-3 mile run twice a week.
  • kelr0110
    kelr0110 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I was doing CF every weekday and honestly I think it was wearing on me.....as I finally took an injury on lateral jumps. My boyfriend and a few others had commented to me that I should have a rest day in there (similar to what alysa521 mentioned) but I didn't listen.

So now I've been out for 2 weeks with the injury, granted I'm sure it's not completely because I didn't have a rest day but it was for sure wearing on me and I'm still overweight anyway. I imagine someone in better overall shape than me can handle 5 days in a row better.

My plan when I return is to either do 2-3x a week and fill in the rest of the weekdays with the "regular" gym. I think it will be a better balance for me :) This is a great topic though because it's interesting to see everyone's schedule. Keep us posted what you decide and how it works out!
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    CF 3 time a week and power lifting 3 times a week.
  • madmags
    madmags Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I shoot for every week day, but will take a day off if I am feeling beat up.
  • msb803
    msb803 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I was doing CF 4-5 days a week, but am working on my running right now, so I run 3 days a week and CF 3 days a week. On the weekends, I go hiking or canoeing to get more activity in as well.
  • sburde2
    sburde2 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I try to go Mon-Sat with Sunday as a rest day but I usually miss one of those days.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Wow - your all machines! I don't think I can do (physically & financially) 5-6 days CF and think I will stick to CF 2 x week, boxing 1 x week and stretching/cardio/weights the other 3 days. Interesting to read what you all do!
  • Phrakman
    Phrakman Posts: 113
    Options
    crossfit 4 days a week, some double wods if im extra frisky. Weight lift 5 days a week, each day is 2 lifting workouts an AM and a PM
  • shaywallis
    shaywallis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I cf 5x a wk. Other than that im a sahm to a 3yr old and 8mo old. My days are spent chasing kids, cleaning and cooking.
  • wolveslovemee
    wolveslovemee Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    CF 5-6 times a week
    Olympic weightlifting 4 times a week
    Cardio (ellyptical, running, what not) 2 days if I feel up to it
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    4-6x a week. i throw in a day of zumba once a week for fun. :)
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    CrossFit 2-4x per week
    Zumba/Spinning/Kickbox 1-2x per week
    Running/Walking (30-60 min) 2-3x per week
    Stretch routine 2-4x a week.
  • MelJolly
    MelJolly Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say that I am the "typical" CF'er. I am working to lose 100 pounds. I started CrossFit in January with twice a week. By March I was doing 3x a week. Now my goal is at least three times a week for the planned WOD. My box offers the opportunity to go in on my "off" days and row, or work on a technique. I am trying to focus on rowing, building cardio and endurance. Eventually I'd like to be able to run. But, I am trying to keep it all "right" in my head as well. Realistically, I don't intend to be at the gym six days a week. I KNOW I can commit to three days a week, and learn to do other things a couple of days a week as well. I don't want to lose weight quickly by doing a routine I can't maintain once I get to an acceptable place with weight/health. So I'm losing it more slowly, in hopes that I will be able to maintain the energy I have now, the commitment I have now, and a goal weight for a lifetime.
  • Supern0va81
    Supern0va81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have completed 2 intro session, 4 fundamentals session across the last 2 weekends and have been going to the box to at least do something and get into going regularly. It is interesting to see how you use it to balance your lifestyle's. If you are looking for more friends or happy to guide a newb then please add me as a friend!