Team Twilight Movin' and Groovin' Challenge 4/8 thru 4/14

Options
surfrgrl1
surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
Team Twilight Movin' and Groovin' Challenge 4/8 thru 4/14

Heads Up Team Twilight! It's time for a new challenge. Get your dancin' shoes on and your music ready....

This week your goal is to complete the following:

:flowerforyou: CARDIO
150 minutes Dancing, walking, running, aerobics, you name it. Have fun!

:bigsmile: STRENGTH TRAINING
30 minutes total. ----Your choice of moves. Push-ups, squats, using weights, whatever you want.

:blushing: LOGGING
Food, Exercise, and Water - Honestly - Daily

:heart: TWILIGHT QUOTES or MUSIC
Share a quote or song that 'moves or grooves' you that day!

Lets have a great week ladies. We CAN do this!!!:tongue:

XXOO
Yvonne

Replies

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,896 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • w8sarge
    w8sarge Posts: 3,813 Member
    Options
    Me too! Thanks for a great challenge, Yvonne!
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Woooohooo ladies!!!!Happy Monday!

My iPad is charging up so I can be ready to move and groove today!
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Great challenge! Love that you included the word "HONESTLY". lol
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Cardio. 76/150
    Strength 0/30
    Logging, water, food, exercise...honestly and daily...here I am!

Twilight quote or song that moved and grooved me today.....

My mom always says I was born thirty-five years old and that I get more middle-aged every year.
    Bella Swan, Twilight, Chapter 5, p.106

Wow, does this mean Bella is really my age? ...lets see, 35+17..... Hmmmmmm.......awfully close!
  • ScarlettVamp
    Options
    Cardio. 53/150
    Strength 0/30
    Logging, water, food, exercise - honestly and daily - Check!

Twilight quote or song that moved and grooved me today: "I want you to be happy — no, not even that much. I just want you not to be miserable." - Charlie Swan, New Moon, Chapter 4, p.97

I'm not thinking about goal weight right now, I'm just thinking about being sure the clothes I wore last summer will still fit this summer. I will be miserable if they don't.
  • 77tes
    Options
    Check in Monday

Cardio. 40/150
    Strength 3/30

The song "Ours" by The Bravery :

After tonight, who knows where we'll be tomorrow
    What if we're never here again?
    After tonight, this will be a lifetime ago
    So let's stay up until the sky bleeds red

Like "meet Me on the Equinox," this song is all about the brevity of life. If something is beautiful, we need to embrace that wonderful experience and enjoy it as long as we can. I think it is a very appropriate coming after the release of the final movie in the Saga. After this moment in our lives, we may never have this opportunity again, so seize it! Carpe Diem! Go to the premier, travel to Forks, stay up until 2 am because the opportunity may never present itself again. So let's stay up until the sky bleeds red (until DAWN BREAKS) or until our eyes turn red, lol. But, I also love this song for everything it says about life, and I particularly think it applies to kids. When our children are little, we really NEVER will be HERE again. This moment in time is precious, and we must treasure it!

And we'll stop, stop, stop the world from moving
    Stop, stop, stop the clocks from turning
    Stop this night from fading away

Although we cannot really stop the world from moving and clocks from turning, we can revel in the moment. We can stop this night from fading away by LIVING it.
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Check in Monday

Cardio. 40/150
    Strength 3/30

The song "Ours" by The Bravery :

After tonight, who knows where we'll be tomorrow
    What if we're never here again?
    After tonight, this will be a lifetime ago
    So let's stay up until the sky bleeds red

Like "meet Me on the Equinox," this song is all about the brevity of life. If something is beautiful, we need to embrace that wonderful experience and enjoy it as long as we can. I think it is a very appropriate coming after the release of the final movie in the Saga. After this moment in our lives, we may never have this opportunity again, so seize it! Carpe Diem! Go to the premier, travel to Forks, stay up until 2 am because the opportunity may never present itself again. So let's stay up until the sky bleeds red (until DAWN BREAKS) or until our eyes turn red, lol. But, I also love this song for everything it says about life, and I particularly think it applies to kids. When our children are little, we really NEVER will be HERE again. This moment in time is precious, and we must treasure it!

And we'll stop, stop, stop the world from moving
    Stop, stop, stop the clocks from turning
    Stop this night from fading away

Although we cannot really stop the world from moving and clocks from turning, we can revel in the moment. We can stop this night from fading away by LIVING it.

Kathy, that was beautiful!
  • Shell_7609
    Options
    Check in - I spent the evening at a concert, so there was some dancing, but not enough to count
    Strength/resistance: 15/30
    Logging honestly - check. Need to work on more water tomorrow

Somewhat twilight related moment for today - the concert i went to was Bobby Long, one of the best friends of Robert Pattinson.....

149095_10151643773347784_2102782541_n.jpg
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Day one check in.
    Finished diary and tried to be honest except that I didn't finish dinner.
    Got 101 minutes of exersise. Mostly walking with some running. I am still dealing with this nasty cold. Did some crunches but didn't time so I don't know.
    Can't think of anything Twilight related except that Rob's is a great motivation for anything.
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    CARDIO
    108/150 minutes

STRENGTH TRAINING
    30 minutes total. ----Your choice of moves. Push-ups, squats, using weights, whatever you want.
    2/30 wall push-ups

LOGGING
    Here I am baby, signed, sealed, delivered, I'm yours!

TWILIGHT QUOTES or MUSIC
    Share a quote or song that 'moves or grooves' you that day!
    Today, when I got to work, I listened to the Twilight Score, and when the very first song plays, I envision the scene where the deer runs thru the woods and is finally intercepted by Edward. I like to think about how the Twilight Saga has had such an impact on not only my life but the lives of many others. The thrill is still there when I hearmthe music and associate it with the scenes, and I am so glad I learned about Twilight, as I will never be the same.
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Happy Birthday to Kristen Stewart !
  • Shell_7609
    Options
    Tuesday:

CARDIO - not much today, have to get back on track despite a most likely dislocated toe (just call me Grace for this one, totally stupid)

STRENGTH TRAINING
    15/30 minutes total. ----Your choice of moves. Push-ups, squats, using weights, whatever you want.

LOGGING - check. even logged the red velvet cake I had at dinner

TWILIGHT QUOTES or MUSIC - Because of Rob's song on the Twilight soundtrack "Never Think" I went to a concert by his friend who co-wrote the song (Sam Bradley (guy in the left pic)) and met some very awesome friends, then hung out with them again before going to another concert performed by another friend of Robs. Met up with them a 3rd time to see Sam again, ended up hanging out with him for an hour having a very strange conversation after the show, something about naked pillowfighting & drinking Jamesons. Last night I got to see Bobby Long again (on the right pic) so after meeting 2 of his best mates, could I please meet the pretty one now
  • ScarlettVamp
    Options
    Cardio. 53/150
    Strength 0/30

Twilight quote or song that moved and grooved me today: "I was afraid of the time I’d spent unconscious, afraid that he might have been thinking about right and wrong again while he watched me sleep." -
    Bella Swan, New Moon, Chapter 3, p.53

Can you tell I'm reading New Moon right now? lol I fell asleep at 8:30pm or before. I slept away my exercise time and then was awake at 2am dealing with a whiny child. No way I'm exercising at 2am and I know myself, I'm not going to get up at 5am and do it either. I hate falling asleep early and missing my planned activity.
  • 77tes
    Options
    Check in Tuesday and Wednesday

Cardio. 50 Tues and 45 Wed. = 138 /150
    Strength 5/30

“I'm from a different era. Things were a lot less complicated. And if I would have met you back then, I would have courted you. Would've taken chaperoned strolls and had iced tea on the porch. I may have stolen a kiss or two, but only after asking your father's permission, I would've got down on one knee and I would've presented you with a ring. This was my mother's. Isabella Swan, I promise to love you every moment of forever. Would you do me the extraordinary honor of marrying me?"
  • 77tes
    Options
    Tuesday:

TWILIGHT QUOTES or MUSIC - Because of Rob's song on the Twilight soundtrack "Never Think" I went to a concert by his friend who co-wrote the song (Sam Bradley (guy in the left pic)) and met some very awesome friends, then hung out with them again before going to another concert performed by another friend of Robs. Met up with them a 3rd time to see Sam again, ended up hanging out with him for an hour having a very strange conversation after the show, something about naked pillowfighting & drinking Jamesons. Last night I got to see Bobby Long again (on the right pic) so after meeting 2 of his best mates, could I please meet the pretty one now

That is so cool! I love "Never Think" and "Let Me Sign."
  • ScarlettVamp
    Options
    Cardio. 86/150
    Strength 5/30

Twilight quote or song that moved and grooved me today:

"I have died everyday waiting for you
    Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
    For a thousand years
    I'll love you for a thousand more" - from the song "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri

Listening to Pandora at work today and Christina Perri was featured a lot on my "Maroon 5 Radio" station. I love her music and think the song she wrote for Breaking Dawn is awesome. Then I was working out while watching Dancing With the Stars on DVR and "A Thousand Years" was featured for one of the dances. With this and re-reading the Twilight saga again, it's definitely been a Twilight kind of day.
  • Shell_7609
    Options
    Tuesday:

That is so cool! I love "Never Think" and "Let Me Sign."

Here's Sam's version of Never Think - it's called Too Far Gone - Video taken by me last time I saw him in concert

http://youtu.be/WN0-4mvnq8o
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    169150 minutes

STRENGTH TRAINING
    3/30 wall push-ups

LOGGING

Twilight....
    I walked in the evening. The sounds of the wind through the icy branches was something I don't recall noticing ever before and it sounded like rain. And of course rain reminds me of Forks. I picked up a 'pick of the week' song download card at Starbucks and it was Iron and Wine! How cool is that for a Twilight inspiration!