OHers! Need support and some familiar faces!

Options
anninva
anninva Posts: 9 Member
Hi guys, Trying like crazy to get my WLS *kitten* together and need help! So, here I am! Would love to connect! Film at 11:00! :heart:

Replies

• heathermcclellan
    Options
    I'm here for you! Let's do this together.
  • meganw5638
    meganw5638 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I've seen you over at OH periodically. :) You got this!!
  • escapepod
    escapepod Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, trying desperately to get my WLS *kitten* together, and at the moment I'm failing pretty miserably. So, here's a shout out to not giving up. I realized this morning, this isn't going to get better on its own, and I don't like the direction I'm headed in, so it's time for some self honesty and hard work to get back to were I want to be. What's working for you?
  • anninva
    anninva Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    oh god, me too!!!!!! in maintenance and crappy skills b/c i didn't work hard enough to change them when losing! if we aren't friends we shouldn't be. i'll click to do it when i'm done with this.

my biggest screw up is SNACKING which i never do on healthy stuff b/c well, that would be good for me! also, i still (probably always will) crave carbs, so that's what i want. sigh.

we can do it, right?!?!??!!?!? let's keep an eye on each other. right now sabotage seems to be my middle name! (((((hugs)))))
  • escapepod
    escapepod Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yeah, snacking is a real bear. At the moment, sugarless gum is one of my most frequent coping mechanisms for that, though I'm afraid that's treating the symptom and not the cause... I'm also back to setting a timer after meals. It makes it easier for me to stop nibbling, and I can look forward to a mug of something nice when I can start drinking again. SF hot cocoa, sugar free "russian tea", or sugar free apple cider are my frequent go-tos.