does any one use protein shakes and which ones are good

Options
melodypender
melodypender Posts: 18 Member
I am thinking about use a protein shake as a meal replacement but I don't want anything to thick and I want it to have a good taste to it.

Replies

• Honeytips
    Honeytips Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I've only used one and I can tell you DO NOT buy Isowhey Plus in Banana - totally gross and you couldn't even taste the banana flavour!! Mind you, I might have a bad batch but from that one experience I swore that I was never going to get that brand again.
  • anghigdon
    anghigdon Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I like the Syntrax Nectar shakes. I mix them with the 30 calorie/cup Almond milk and they're not too thick at all. Cappuccino mixed with 1/2 coffee and 1/2 milk tastes just like an iced latte from Starbucks. I also love the Strawberry Mousse, Chocolate Truffle, Vanilla Bean Torte and Caribbean Cooler.

I order these online either from Amazon or a place called BJ's Bariatrics. www.bjsbariatrics.com If you go through BJ's you can order a sampler pack of different flavors to find the one you like the most.
  • WindmillTilter
    WindmillTilter Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I like Level-1 Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup by 1stphorm as a meal replacement. There is a store near my house that sells it for cheaper than anyplace I can find online. It tastes good and it doesn't get me all gassy like a lot of the cheaper protien shakes do.
  • getrightgetfitgethappy
    Options
    I prefer to make my own shakes. I like Jay Robb Whey Protein or Designer Whey. They are both all natural and have amazing taste. I like vanilla just because it mixes well with everything. I have tried the Jay Robb Dreamsicle, Chocolate, and Strawberry. They were all pretty good but I'm a vanilla girl. One day soon I plan to try the many flavors Designer has. I add whatever fruits and veggies I have to it.
  • lilbuddha007
    lilbuddha007 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i like the special k protein shakes which are small and 170 calories. I use these to replace dinner since I have class until 9:30pm three days a week...
  • NyteMirage
    NyteMirage Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I started out eating the PowerBar Protein Plus Chocolate PB bars that have 20g of protein in them for breakfast with a glass of skim milk (8g of protein). Then I found Myoplex Lite which has 20g of protein in it and it tastes a lot better than the high protein slim fast shakes I’ve tried. But now I make my own. And you only need 3 ingredients. I get Chobani non-fat vanilla greek yogurt and I get Naked Juice (I love the blue machine flavor). I mix equal parts of each. Usually ¾ cup of the yogurt and ¾ cup of the juice. Then I get some chopped up ice from my fridge’s ice dispenser and throw it all in the blender. Yogurt in first, then juice, then dump the ice on top and hit “liquefy” LOL! And I really like the taste of it. I started out trying to match the taste of Panera’s super fruit smoothie, but I’ve come to actually like this one a lot better than Panera’s. I guess it depends on how you want it to taste. You could add more of the fruit smoothie juice. But if you want a quick option I would recommend the Myoplex Lite. They come in their own little containers and all you do is shake them and unscrew the cap. As you turn the cap it breaks the foil seal inside and TADA!

-Jennifer
  • tyedyechick0930
    tyedyechick0930 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I am making my own protein shakes for breakfast that are really good. I have tried the EAS carb control protein shakes and I can attest that the chocolate fudge is really good, especially when good and cold. Unfortunately, Walmart was out of these so I bought the Atkins milk chocolate low carb protein shakes to try today for my afternoon snack to get me through til dinner. :huh: We'll see how this goes. Anyway, let us know what you decide. I'll have to tell you when I get home what ingredients go in my morning shake it's like a peanut butter or vanilla milkshake depending on how much of each thing I put in. It's yummy!!! :love: -Charity
  • melodypender
    melodypender Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    hey guys thanks for all the input. I have decided to try the herbalife healthy meal nutritional shake mix in cookies n cream. my workout buddy ordered it for me so I will be trying it out today I will let yu knw how it pans out for me lol