Hello!

Options
aarroyo0529
aarroyo0529 Posts: 46 Member
Hello everyone,
My name is Anita, after gaining 70lbs with my first child I had a long struggle to loose the weight. He was a 10.7lbs boy but that was 6yrs ago and I still had 40lbs from my pregnancy. When I joined MFP, I was desperate to loose weight, I had just lost 20lbs and I got pregnant again! I was very excited, but I wanted to loose all 40 before getting pregnant just to make sure everything was fine. This time I gained 40lbs and yet a 10.1lbs baby girl! She is 7 weeks now and I am breastfeeding exclusively but I want to loose weight and not compromise my milk production and her health. I hope this group can help :)

Replies

• nattymommy33
    Options
    Welcome and congrats! I tried to diet at around 3 months post partum but was really really really not physically ready. It wasn't until she was almost 7 months old that I could get started.
  • amama5
    amama5 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    I only joined this site a week ago but I am in the same boat as you. I have a two year old boy and just had a little girl who is almost 9 weeks old. I am also exclusively breastfeeding. I just posted my intro a week ago with about the same question as you its just a few posts down on that main page titled "New to Group- calories?" Several people responded and it might help you as well. Good luck!
  • Christie0428
    Christie0428 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    welcome, my daughter is 18 months so I am in a different stage, but we are still BFing. I just seriously started trying to loose and get healthy in January 0 I've lose 29lbs so far... still a long way to go.

enjoy this newborn/infant stage - it goes by too quick in a sleep deprived blurr...

:flowerforyou:
  • Amypascoe
    Amypascoe Posts: 12
    Options
    I did the same thing Anita (sort of). I lost 40 pounds and then unexpectedly got pregnant with our fourth. I gained 50 pounds with him (I remembered how much I loved food). I lost 36 pounds and then got pg AGAIN. I am now stuck at 7 pounds above my pre baby #5 weight and trying desperately to get back to pre-baby #4. Best of luck to you!
  • aarroyo0529
    aarroyo0529 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks