1 WEEK DOWN- RESULTS & WEEK2 CHALENGE

Options
rachaelaldora
rachaelaldora Posts: 99 Member
CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE ON MAKING IT THROUGH THE FIRST WEEK, AND TAKING THE INITIATIVE TO GET CONTROL OVER YOUR WEIGHT!

This week went extremely fast! So I want to know

Where you started
Where you are now (If you don't want to say your weight just say if there was any losses)

Challenges Of the move & garbage goals
New Move goal
New Garbage goal (it can be the same if you want)
New inspiration

So let me begin! :)
SW 201
CW 197
DOWN 4 pounds

Challenge of no chocolate last week was all pms reasons, i did survive though

move- i get tired at this time of month so im going to still try and run, make sure i get all workouts this week!

Garbage- not go over 1 square of chocolate and no more than 2 tsp butter per day

Inspiration "Don’t count the days; make the days count" — Muhammad Ali-

Felt like that quote was appropriate to us :)

Replies

• regosaki
    regosaki Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Don't know my weight yet as I weigh myself on Wednesday.

Failed the garbage challenge as I had 2 slices of bread last week.

Rocked the moving challenge as I walked 17.5 miles (28.164 km) last week.

This week I'll keep the same garbage challenge (No baked goods)

Moving challenge I'll change to swim for 2 x 1 hour sessions and try and start jogging at least once

My Inspirational quote this week is once again from Lao Tzu when he say's "Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you."
  • frog_friend
    frog_friend Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I did really well with my goal but gained 4lbs. I have no idea as I work out a ton and added extra in last week.

this week ~ I plan to start a couch to 5k in a ddition to my 6 days at the gym

~ no alcohol even if it does fit in my caloric range
  • mommy_hood
    mommy_hood Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Last monday weight -237
    New Weight- 232

lost 5 pounds

Did not remember to make goals last week :(

Garbage Goal this week- NO EATING OUT
    Moving Goal- Start 30 Day Shred and do at least 4 days a week
    Inspiration-
    “Don't compare yourself to other people. It won't help. You'll only find what you expect to find. If you think you're weak, everyone else will seem stronger.
  • sweetcheeks1978
    Options
    I did really well with my goal but gained 4lbs. I have no idea as I work out a ton and added extra in last week.

this week ~ I plan to start a couch to 5k in a ddition to my 6 days at the gym

~ no alcohol even if it does fit in my caloric range

Know how frustrating it can be when you've put in all the work but see no result on the scales but dont give up, keep at it, most likely water, am sure you're up for a great loss next week!
  • slarobinson
    slarobinson Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Well i said no bread for the week. I did better than i expected. I did have 1/2 piece of toast 1 day. But that was my only fail for the bread.
    Garbage: Going to try and resist pasta this week. NO PASTA
    Moving- Walking at least 30 min each
    Inspiration - "I will beat her. I will train harder. I will eat cleaner. I know her weakness. I know her strengths. I've lost to her before, but not this time. She is going down. I have the advantage because I know her well. She is the old me." not sure by who
  • sweetcheeks1978
    Options
    New Move goal - To complete all my workouts this week (even though TOM is on the horizon!!)

New Garbage goal - NO chocolate (even though TOM is on the horizon!!)

New inspiration: Never underestimate what you're capable of!

All the best for this week peeps!!
  • JTS_go
    JTS_go Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Having this challenge in the back of my head was extremely helpful in keeping myself in line with my garbage goal. Thanks for bringing it, Rachael!

I'm ahead in pounds-lost in my fitness challenge, but the winner will be determined by body weight % lost, and my closest competitor has a much lower starting weight than I did, so I know I'm in 2nd place at best. I'm going to have to really kill it these last three weeks to win.

For this challenge ...
    SW: 189.6
    CW: 186.2 (weighed this a.m. on office scale)
    DOWN: 3.4 pounds!

Garbage: Again, no alcohol M-F, and no more than 4 drinks on Sat/Sun.
    New move goal: My workout has me scheduled to climb 40 flights of stairs today, and that's a little intimidating, but I can do it. I want to add fast walks to at least two of my workout days this week. I'll try to leave recovery days to regular chores and recovery. The rest of the schedule for the week: Tues - strength 2 sets/15 reps, Weds - off, Thurs - (walk 2 min/jog 3 min) x 4 = 20 min, Fri - climb stairs for 15 minutes, Sat - strength 3 sets/12 reps. Whew.
    Inspiration: Pam [to "crab"]: "Look, auditory hallucinations aren't going to make you any less delicious." (Archer)
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    CSW 4/1: 197.8
    CW: 193.4 (-4.4)
    Challenge goal weight: 170
  • mamashel
    mamashel Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Lost 1.4 pounds this week. Was hoping for more, but still happy with the loss.

Goals for the week (2):

Garbage: Not really garbage, but no carbs (breads/pasta/rice) with the evening meal. I feel a little bloated afterward and have a hard time getting to sleep.

Moving: Increase my time from 30 min to 45 min of exercise.

Inspiration: "Obstacles are what we see when we take our eyes off the goal." Rita Davenport

Good luck to everyone during week 2.
  • His_Buttercup2015
    His_Buttercup2015 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Last week: 206.5
    This week: 204
    Down 2.5 lbs :)

Garbage: No soda again this week (I failed n had a diet soda Saturday :\)
    Move goal: on the bike every day even if just for 5 minutes including the weekend

"Rich, fatty foods are like destiny:  they too, shape our ends."  ~Author Unknown
  • Renibee
    Renibee Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    SW: 228.2
    CW: 225.6
    Lost 2.6lbs :-)

I stuck to my challenge and had no flour and my body feels great, so I would like too keep that as my challenge this week. My move goal I would also keep as 4 days of exercise, last week I only did 3 days. My inspiration "If there is no struggle, there is no progress" Frederick Douglass
    We can do this, keep on moving!!!
  • JTS_go
    JTS_go Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Tonia, I admire your dedication in the face of TOM. Cheers to you for not letting it be an excuse.

And Kristi, I would say you succeeded (not failed) like, what?, 90% if you only had one diet soda, right? This week you will dominate all seven days!
  • jovaniw
    jovaniw Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This week was rough lol only lost 0.5 pounds but I'm still happy :)
    SW: 157
    Cw: 156.5

Move goal: going to start Bob harper's Ultimate Cardio Body
    Garbage goal: No fast food!
  • mandeeluvsme
    Options
    Garbage: Butter croissants (old) & french fries...i love you but not healthy at all
    Move: Walk my 10 extra blocks & take core classes twice this week plus zumba class
    Motivation: "You can't make everybody happy but the one person that you should concentrate on first is, you"
  • celopez5
    celopez5 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    LWW: 205
    CW: 203

Down : 2Lbs

Move: Try to exercise 7 days a week (2 live classes of zumba, 1 night of bowling, 4 nights of dvd zumba)
    Garbage: No fat day this week (Will Kept inside my calore intake)
    Inspiration: Believe where others doubt. Work where others refuse. Save where others waste. Stay where others quit and you will win where others lose. ~ Dolvett Quince.
  • ehilgenberg10
    ehilgenberg10 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Ah! I can't believe I forgot to post this!!

Anyhow...
    LWW: 179
    CW: 178.1
    (I'm actually lower today but I'm going off Monday's weight :) ).

I almost didn't make my move goal, but I did. I'm going to keep the same move goal this week because it was so hard to make last week, and hopefully it will be easier this week and I can up it... 3 days of working out.
    The garbage goal I didn't make, I was pretty good at doing one soda most days but on one day I had two. (I forgot...it happens when you're me.) My new garbage goal will maybe be just as hard for me. One day of fast food only. I cut down, not out.
    I still have no inspiration other than my own motivation to get this done, and be who I want to be.
  • CJMommyof2
    CJMommyof2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    SW: 221
    CW: 207.9
    Loss of 13.1 lbs! Pretty happy with that number!

I was able to make all my goals last week! It was a really good week and I think my weight loss shows how hard I am working! I was really proud!

New Move goal - Do Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred at least three days this week!
    New Garbage goal - No chocolate chip cookies. I ate 7 last week so I am aiming for none this week.
    New inspiration - Let’s be realist here. You don’t drop two jean sizes in one day. You won’t lose fifty pounds in one month. You’re going to binge every now and then. You will go a day or two without working out. Your weight is going to fluctuate here and there. You’re going to try new techniques, and they’re not going to work. You’re human. You’re going to fail. But nothing great is ever accomplished without a few obstacles. You got this!
    I found that on a pinterest board!