Hey wanna meet at the Salad Bars?!?!? (wink wink) 4/10

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
http://www.oxygenmag.com/Nutrition/Slideshows/Our-10-Favorite-Salads-.aspx

Mmmmm, I don't know about ya'll but I am a salad girl! I loooooooooooove salads! I can make simple, complex, veggie or meaty...it really does not matter! I love the creativity and tasty morsels you can add and make your own masterpiece!
So challenge yourself and make a healthy salad today! Lunch or dinner it doesn't matter. BTW salads are a great way to get your quota of veggies/fruit in for the day. A win win

I found one I must try the other day...chick peas, cilantro, parsley, vinaigrette and a tad of onion...it was beautiful. Saw on Pinterest. Let us know your creations!

Peace and yummy eats!
WW

Replies

• WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    You have to pick the ONE DAY I don't bring a salad for lunch???? Well, I suppose it's a sort of salad.... actually it's a salad in a wrap, I needed a little change and since RD had said as part of my new food plan to have a grain carb with lunch so I made a salad and brought a GF wrap to put it in to eat!
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I'll do a salad today....that's a new goal of mine ....at least 2 salads a week (I'm still trying to like them :tongue: )
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Have you seen the recipes for salad in a jar?

http://www.salad-in-a-jar.com/recipes

I want to try some of these but I think I would still keep the dressing seperate as I hate limp lettuce. And the chopped salads at subway are a waste. The chopping just ruins it.
  • dawnhart77
    dawnhart77 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    On the go and near a Super Target? Their salads are really good and really filling. And they have all kinds of different ones. I like the one that has strawberries and chicken in it. Not to mention, they are pretty cheap too. I grab a bottle water and a salad and run out the door... well, after I pay for it.

It's summer time and one of my all time favorite salads is back at Qdoba. I haven't stopped by yet, so I don't know if it's out yet. But is usually makes an appearance around April or May... It's the mango salsa salad. If you haven't had it, I HIGHLY recommend it.
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    http://www.hungry-girl.com/weighin/show/2319

I loooooove Zucchini and this will be an easy and simple salad to make! Oh and yes I had a salad for lunch! A simple veggie salad with a little ham. Yummo!
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Couscous salad for dinner! That counts right? Lol

Couscous, chicken, red pepper, asparagus, spinach and a bit of seasoning. Simple is awesome!
  • tessavonhagen
    tessavonhagen Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Have you seen the recipes for salad in a jar?

http://www.salad-in-a-jar.com/recipes

I want to try some of these but I think I would still keep the dressing seperate as I hate limp lettuce. And the chopped salads at subway are a waste. The chopping just ruins it.

i work at subway and if you ask for it unchopped we are very happy to oblige we hate chopping the salads :)
  • tessavonhagen
    tessavonhagen Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    had a double meat turkey chopped salad from subway! half for lunch the rest for dinner.
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Taco salad doesn't make the top ten?

I'll try for a salad tomorrow. Work was about the equivalent of three Mondays and a couple Friday after 2PM last minute surprises. I didn't even look at MFP at work today.
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Taco salad doesn't make the top ten?

I'll try for a salad tomorrow. Work was about the equivalent of three Mondays and a couple Friday after 2PM last minute surprises. I didn't even look at MFP at work today.
    am so sorry but LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!! Ha ha aha haaaaaaaa! I can't stop laughing! I must steal that " OMG today is like 3 Mondays!" I am so sorry Mr Aak! Yes have a good ole salad tomorrow so you will get a double challenge!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Oh and last week I made my own Taco salad twice it was so good!
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I am done eating for the day but after reading all the delicious recipes, I want to eat.