how to deal with grief

Options
toughest workout today ever . i dont even know how i got to the end of it. it physically was just as tough as it has been. But yesterday afternoon a wonderful man the only father i ever knew in this life died the whole workout this morning i went through waves of tears threatening to flood me at eveturn . i manage to get through it ..just and promptly burst into tears once i finished. ..talk about potential emotional eating epic.. What is really surprised me was the fact that even though the capacity to emotion eat is huge ..In my head i keep hearing a little voice saying "you have worked so hard don't give up" and Kevin would not have wanted me to give up either . i recently sent him video footage of me training for roller derby and he was so proud of me .. i have to hang on to that with all my might. So this is for you today Kevin ...I am NOT GIVING UP

Replies

• susanjean62
    susanjean62 Posts: 200
    Options
    Sweetheart,I am so sorry for your loss. What a brave,strong woman you are. I am proud of you,also and although I have never met you in person,I feel as if I know you,by what you write and your level of commitment. You are such an inspiration for all of us,and your faith and courage are evident. My dear,may God keep you close and comfort you in this time of loss. My heart felt prayers are with you and your family.
  • Aboele79
    Aboele79 Posts: 40
    Options
    Thanks Susan. i am going to have to work day by day for a while just keep swimming as dory would say

Sweetheart,I am so sorry for your loss. What a brave,strong woman you are. I am proud of you,also and although I have never met you in person,I feel as if I know you,by what you write and your level of commitment. You are such an inspiration for all of us,and your faith and courage are evident. My dear,may God keep you close and comfort you in this time of loss. My heart felt prayers are with you and your family.
  • Sara13CH
    Sara13CH Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Aboele79, I am so sorry for your loss. Dealing with all the emotions that come with grief can be challenging at times. Take it one day at a time. You can get through this with out emotional eating.
  • EvelynBfly78
    EvelynBfly78 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Grief affects each of us differently. It does come in waves. When our emotions are high we want to comfort ourselves. Sometimes we do it with food. At least I do. It's great you were able to get through your workout. Remember, Kevin is still rooting for you & so am I.
    Keep up the positive attitude.
  • Aboele79
    Options
    Thank you for your support ladies, i am just going to take it one day at a time :D and just keep trying
  • dawnp1833
    dawnp1833 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    So sorry you're going through this sad time. Sending you virtual hugs across the miles.
    Good for you that you're not giving up or giving in even at such a difficult time in your life. What great strength you have!

And roller derby? That is so cool!
  • Aboele79
    Options
    Thanks Dp1833 thank you for your support and virtual hugs . roller derby is pretty cool :D love it
    So sorry you're going through this sad time. Sending you virtual hugs across the miles.
    Good for you that you're not giving up or giving in even at such a difficult time in your life. What great strength you have!

And roller derby? That is so cool!