Excercise

Options
BandB1979
BandB1979 Posts: 38 Member
Beside Keto what are some of the other things that you do to help aid in the weight loss? I'm trying to find other things to help mix it up

I do:
strength training 3x a week
Hot Yoga 2x a week
Yin Yoga 2x a week
Cross training 1-2x a week

And rest on Sunday

Replies

• flyingpiriposa
    flyingpiriposa Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well... I haven't felt strong enough to increase my exercise level. So far I walk and that's already a lot for me. I'll buy a bike soon and use it from time to time in the city. I was hoping to gain more energy (only been on keto for a month and a half) soon. I'm a slow loser and I've embraced it hehehe
  • BandB1979
    Options
    On nice days I like to go for walks so my daughter can go to the playground but in Washington during the winter it usually doesn't happen.

You will get there with the energy. I have been on it about the same amount of time and I am just now feeling the energy.

I am moving pretty slow as well but I am slimming down too so I understand that I am gaining muscle and losing fat! YEAH :smile:
  • RachulSmachul
    Options
    I've been playing with the idea of starting C2K soon, but it is just hard finding time with my work schedule. I am not an early riser and I don't feel very safe walking/jogging/running in my area at night alone.

For now I just try to do a walking dvd (I do 1 mile) 5 days a week. But thats been a bit of an issue with my schedule as well (My job sometimes has evening events).
  • ellebeejay
    ellebeejay Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to figure my workout schedule. It's loosely been a good 60 minute hike 1-2x/week, plus a yoga class, and a lot of walking...just had my first adventure with weights today. I need to exercise a LOT to see weight loss, so I am trying to motivate to embrace it!
  • flyingpiriposa
    flyingpiriposa Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    DVD miles are fun! I've done a couple of them through youtube and when the weather is not nice enough to have a walk! It was pretty cool, actually. =)
  • mocheetoe
    Options
    I've been playing with the idea of starting C2K soon, but it is just hard finding time with my work schedule. I am not an early riser and I don't feel very safe walking/jogging/running in my area at night alone.

For now I just try to do a walking dvd (I do 1 mile) 5 days a week. But thats been a bit of an issue with my schedule as well (My job sometimes has evening events).

I just made it to week 4 of C25K and I hiiiighly recommend it! It's only 30 minutes, and I'm not an early riser either, but forcing myself to get up in the morning and go has actually been great, because then I feel accomplished for the rest of the day... if I don't go in the morning, I find that I'll just skip that day. Weekends are a different story... I should probably get the hell off my laptop and go now :)
  • BandB1979
    Options
    I'm trying to figure my workout schedule. It's loosely been a good 60 minute hike 1-2x/week, plus a yoga class, and a lot of walking...just had my first adventure with weights today. I need to exercise a LOT to see weight loss, so I am trying to motivate to embrace it!

I can't wait to get outside for hikes. One of the things I love most about WA is there is so many places to hike.
  • BandB1979
    Options

I just made it to week 4 of C25K and I hiiiighly recommend it! It's only 30 minutes, and I'm not an early riser either, but forcing myself to get up in the morning and go has actually been great, because then I feel accomplished for the rest of the day... if I don't go in the morning, I find that I'll just skip that day. Weekends are a different story... I should probably get the hell off my laptop and go now :)

I am so not a runner but I never have been. I should probably just bite the bullet and start
  • MMAQueen
    MMAQueen Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    ugh, i hate running, but i should do it lol.

i do jiu jitsu. I try to train at least 5x a week, but it's hard.
  • BandB1979
    Options

I think it's awesome that you do jiu jitsu. I have always been interested in it. We have a brazilian jiu jitsu gym around the corner from my house. I should look into it :)
  • Devorahlynn
    Devorahlynn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't do a lot of exercise right now, but I have a plan figured out starting next week. Still not a LOT of exercise, but better than being entirely sedentary, right? Bellydance class on wednesday, Zumba thursday, and Yoga on saturday.
  • MMAQueen
    Options

I think it's awesome that you do jiu jitsu. I have always been interested in it. We have a brazilian jiu jitsu gym around the corner from my house. I should look into it :)

You absolutely should! It's so much fun and a killer workout.
  • BandB1979
    Options

You absolutely should! It's so much fun and a killer workout.

I have always worried about my joints (arthritis) but know that I am doing keto I have been feeling better. I want my kids to learn to so maybe we will all do it together :)
  • ashthulhu
    ashthulhu Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Does anyone P90X? Or have I just lost my mind attempting this. Thoughts and opinions?
  • BandB1979
    Options
    I don't do a lot of exercise right now, but I have a plan figured out starting next week. Still not a LOT of exercise, but better than being entirely sedentary, right? Bellydance class on wednesday, Zumba thursday, and Yoga on saturday.

I love Yoga!! I am headed to class in just a few mins :love:
  • BandB1979
    Options
    Does anyone P90X? Or have I just lost my mind attempting this. Thoughts and opinions?

I have never tried it but I know those that have and stick with it LOVE it. I think if I am going to attempt anything like that I am going to do CrossFit.
  • NicLyn
    NicLyn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have P90x and have done all of the workouts, but never the whole 90 days. I'm not motivated enough to push myself.
  • tallscrubs
    Options
    I'm doing StrongLifts 5x5 three days/wk and A LOT of walking on the daily (I have a lot of time on my hands right now). I haven't yet noticed a decline in strength/energy, as I just started keto on Monday of this week. But, I am excited to see where the combination of exercise and strict diet takes me.
  • MMAQueen
    Options
    I have arthritis in my knees and I find that the keto diet, combined with getting proper sleep, and not running, keeps it at bay.

it is amazing for kids, gives them confidence, exercise, and self defense.
  • natasia600
    natasia600 Posts: 6 Member
    Options

I am so not a runner but I never have been. I should probably just bite the bullet and start

Oh man, I'm in the same boat! I'm thinking ill start c25k after this semester is over, it'd feel really good to accomplish something that seems so daunting having never been a runner.