What are you challenging youself to in April

Options
lemonhead66
lemonhead66 Posts: 109 Member
This month has not gotten off to a good start for me. Too many bad food choices and limited time at the gym because of visiting family and a vicious migraine. Company has left and now I am getting back to my normal routine.

Goals for April:

Do some form of exercise for at least 45 min a day.
Drink at least 72 oz water a day.
Reduce my intake of Diet Dr. Pepper even more.
Do the April challenge.

Happy logging!

Replies

• kistockman
    kistockman Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    After getting past my tear long plateau I'm finally at my personal goal weight. So for April my challenge is to maintain it. I got a new swimsuit this week so that's my incentive. :)

Also, as much as I exercise, my lower abs are so incredibly weak. I can do lots of crunches, but not one single sit-up. I think today....right now, I with say being able to do a single full sit-up is my goal this month.
  • lemonhead66
    Options
    After getting past my tear long plateau I'm finally at my personal goal weight. So for April my challenge is to maintain it. I got a new swimsuit this week so that's my incentive. :)

Also, as much as I exercise, my lower abs are so incredibly weak. I can do lots of crunches, but not one single sit-up. I think today....right now, I with say being able to do a single full sit-up is my goal this month.
    [/quote

What a great start to April.

I was recently looking for ab workouts and came across this and since you mentioned it I thought I would share. Let me know what you think. Looks tough! Here's to a Great month and getting those sit-up!

http://kayciesantics.blogspot.ca/2012/03/300-ultimate-ab-and-core-challenge_22.html
  • kistockman
    Options
    Thanks! I pinned it to my Pinterest Health and Wellness board. I'm collecting a few different sit-up exercises to keep me from being bored.

Good luck to you too!
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Great goals ladies!

I missed my March 31st onderland goal by 3.4 pounds due to careless caloric intake on too many days, so:

1. Stick to my TDEG!
    2. Minimum 3800 calorie burn/wk
    3. Be 5lbs lighter by month end!
  • josh0208
    josh0208 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Goals for April:

Finish Couch to 5k workout
    Start Couch to 10k workout
    Finish bootcamp and water aerobics classes thru the rec
    Start doing new strength classes at gym
    Continue to drink over 10 glasses of water daily
    Get into size 12 jeans
    Do 65 minute workouts 3x week on eliptical
  • kistockman
    Options
    Goals for April:

Finish Couch to 5k workout
    Start Couch to 10k workout
    Finish bootcamp and water aerobics classes thru the rec
    Start doing new strength classes at gym
    Continue to drink over 10 glasses of water daily
    Get into size 12 jeans
    Do 65 minute workouts 3x week on eliptical

Wow! That sounds more like a 3-month goal for me. :)
  • tmaree2
    tmaree2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    my challenge I have set myself is to get under 100kgs by 1st May...that's 6kgs to go...had a good start already. also pushing myself to make sure I exercise EVERY day.

I think I got this!
  • jillsjourney
    jillsjourney Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Goals for April:
    Join a gym - check!
    Go to the gym 5 days a week.
    Log food daily
    Get over my fear of the elliptical and AMT machines at the gym!
  • ReinemannV
    ReinemannV Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started training for a Sprint Triathlon. I have 10 more weeks to train for the big event.
  • lemonhead66
    Options
    These look like great personal challenges. Check in with us as needed for a motavation boost, a high-five or just to let up know how it's going.
  • imarlett
    imarlett Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have gotten off to a rocky start as well.
    April Challenge:
    1. cardio for an hour a day (2 30 minute sessions so I dont wear myself or my bad knee out).
    2. Stick to 1200 cals a day (after all the sugar and carbs on the weekend, I need to eat clean).

I'm sitting here in my work out clothes ( I work from home ) waiting until lunch so I can walk over to the gym!
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    My goal for this month is to get thru 1 wk. w/o falling off track either with food choices (which I'll start today) or completing my log for the evening. I usually complete my logs from my cell phone & a few times I forgot & drifted off to sleep from being so sleepy :yawn: ,lol!
  • HelstonSonia
    Options
    I've just had a bit of a health scare, so I'm absolutely on a mission now! I've got about 30lbs to lose, and the more I can do by end of June the better. (That's my mini goal).

So my specifics are:
    Get to the gym or equivalent exercise at least 3 times per week
    Stick to my calories - at least averaged over a week to allow for the odd day when I'm not perfect
    Believe in myself that I CAN do this, and it's worth it, and more importantly I'M worth it
    Eat at least 5 portions of fruit & veg per day
    Drink at least 2 litres of water per day

The ultimate goal is not to have any more health issues!
  • survivor1952
    survivor1952 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    After a L O N G winetr, we are finally opening our weekend camp this weekend. I can get back to:

Walking 3-5 miles Sunday & Monday each weekend
    Drinking more water each day (outdoors a lot!)
    Being more active (bocce ball, outdoor games)
    Exercising a little each day during the week
  • toddka1
    toddka1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Continue working on C210K
    Continue to improve abs with full sit ups instead of just crunches

Would love to show more results on the scales, but fitting into all my old suits now has been a great mood lifting experience! Everyone at work is wondering why I'm dressing up more these days -- it is only cause I can now wear clothes that have been in my closet that I couldn't wear!
  • shawkinson
    Options
    April is the month that I get a chance to have a "do over" running my the first long race I ever completed. In two weeks I am running a 10 mile race with a hill that lasts a full mile!~

I want to lose a few more pounds so I can beat my previous time and have energy to keep on going for the rest of the day.

This means getting back into my routine, listening to my body better and eatting healthier than I have started the month off eating.
  • denayundra
    Options
    What is the April Challenge?
  • HelstonSonia
    Options
    What is the April Challenge?

It's whatever you want it to be! From my perspective, it's an opportunity to publicly declare a goal I've set myself for this month to get myself kickstarted. If it's public, I'm more likely to do it. (Well - that's how it works in my head anyway!)
  • maasmom2
    maasmom2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hit a plateau need to change it up
    Start Spin class once a week
    log food
    Log exercise
    Start doing new strength classes at gym 2 days a week
    Continue to drink over 8 glasses of water daily
    Start Couch to 5k I always quit after week 1
  • MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    My challenge this month is simple...KEEP MOVING! Logging each day and keep on keeping on with what I am doing because it seems to be working! We are heading into our tourist season and my Boyfriend's schedule and my schedule keeps us on our toes, so pretty much for the next 6 months I'm gonna challenge myself to STAY on track even though life WILL get a lot more hectic!