Second child, second time for MFP + BodyMedia Fit

Options
My DD is 19 months and DS is three weeks today. I started logging on MFP and wearing my BMF armband on Monday and am excited to lose weight... again! This is how I lost 30 of my 40 pounds from my first pregnancy (last 10 postponed because I got pregnant again!) and have a lot to lose to get to my pre-pregnancy weight (30lbs) and my goal weight (50 pounds.) I loved having other mom friends on here last time for support and am looking for some friends that have no issues nagging at me if they see me not hitting my goals and vice versa ;)

And to the moms doing this for the first time, it works and don't give up on your first plateau!!

Replies

• lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Sending you a FR. I have two boys - 20 months and 4 months. I am 7 lbs below my PPW but I still have 51 lbs to go to my GW. I did the same as you. I used MFP in between pregnancies to keep the weight down as much as possible.
  • peachypants
    peachypants Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congrats on our new baby! I have a 3 week old too!
    Im sending a friend request your way. I'm pretty sure the nagging and complaining comes with the territory of losing weight. Good luck to you!
  • Jillsie11
    Jillsie11 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Yay for more Mommies in the "second child club" :wink:!! I have a 2 1/2 year old and an almost 6 month old. I got down to my PP weight (with first child) RIGHT before I found out I was pregnant again :) Have 4 more pounds this time, and 9 til my ultimate goal. Welcome to the club! Most of us are friendly :tongue:
  • LRYAN31
    LRYAN31 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So nice to see more second-time mamas on here! I'd love more fitness friends who are in the same boat. I have a 2 year old son (December) and a 10 month old daughter. I had two big babies - and I just got off my 56th (!!) pound since having my baby in my belly (36 not including her) - putting me at my pre-baby weight. However, I still have a bunch of loose belly skin that I'm working off with clean eating, and lots of exercise. I'm on P90/Insanity right now. Anyhow, would love more FPal friends to motivate each other!
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. 2nd time mom here also. I have a 3 year old and a 9 month old. I have been on here since my youngest was about 4 months and have lost 25 pounds so far with about 25 more to loose. Anyone can add me! :)
  • zephtalah
    zephtalah Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    It is neat to see mommas with little ones close together. My first two were 14 months apart. Most of mine are around 18 months apart. The farthest apart is almost two years. Way to go on being determined to get back in shape and be healthy after pregnancy!
  • karinatripp
    karinatripp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My daughter is 4 1/2, and my son is almost 4 months old. I just started here but definitely looking for some mom friends! I am within 5lbs of PP weight, but like other I had some cushion before getting pregnant... Haha. So that puts me with anywhere from 25-30lbs to lose now. Feeling petty good though! We eat virtually paleo (wheat-gluten free), lots of veg and lean protein, and we are religious Shakeology users. Nice to meet you all!

Karina
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    My son is 5 months and I still have 10 more pounds to go till my goal weight... We will probably start trying for number 2 this Fall. Feel free to add me! :)
  • rachaelgarcia
    Options
    I also just joined the second time club, my 2nd daughter is now 2 months and my first is 2.5 yrs. I lost all my weight from my first pregnancy with MFP and i am on the journey again, Breast feeding and all. i have about 20 lb to go! Sending you a friend request now Mama:)
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I have an almost 6 year old and a 5 month old. This is my second time losing the weight too, although the first time I used livestrong just to track my calories. This is my first MFP account and I'm loving it here!
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm also a second time mom on MFP... I lost 65lbs after my first here (he's now 2.5) and only have about 8 more lbs I'd like to lose after my last (she's turns a year on 6/15!). I've gotten pretty loose on my logging since my pregnancy, and haven't been able to really work out as I had a hip arthroscopy to repair cartilidge at the end of Feb... but I've been fortunate to have not gained anything and managed to even lose a few while on crutches for 6 weeks (great core and cardio workout!)... but its time for me to get back on the wagon and cut down my sugar intake again.
    Welcome back!
  • cmalmasy
    cmalmasy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I need friends on here too! I am a 2nd and 3rd time mama, but it's just my second time around trying to lose the baby weight. I have three children- my twin girls were born just 17 months after my firstborn daughter. They are now 15 months old and I'm just starting to feel like I can put my motivation and energy into getting back to my pre-pregnancy body. I have thirty pounds to my goal weight and about 10 more after that to "pre- three babies weight." If you are looking for accountability and support send me a request!