5'10" TTW Newbie...

Options
Naturally_EB
Naturally_EB Posts: 44 Member
I'm so excited I found this group of tall women I can relate to! I would love to add fellow members as a support for my weight loss journey.

I've always struggled with being overweight, so I'm not sure what my goal weight is just yet. But I know I want to be lean and fit! I love wearing leggings (probably bcuz they provide some stretch :laugh: ) but I would like to see the day when I can go to any clothing store and purchase a pair of jeans in a size 6/8 (in talls of course) and not have any doubts about whether it'll fit or not!

Feel free to add me or reply if you need a support friend too!

Replies

• Jenn152
    Jenn152 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    welcome! i am 5'11 and my goal weight is like 185-190 :O)
  • Legally_Natural
    Legally_Natural Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Fell free to add me as a friend. You should add Jenn too! She is an excellent person to be on your team.
  • tracywaz
    tracywaz Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    5'11" here! I think tall women do have different challenges. When you tell someone who is 5'3" that you weigh 170 lbs (or whatever healthy weight is for you), they look at you like you are crazy!
    I started at about 187 and as of last week was 166. My goal is 160, although I'm more concerned with body fat than weight.

One thing that is unique to us is sizing. I'm currently a size 12, which to a shorter person, is pretty big. I'm most comfortable in a 10, but anything below that is too thin for my frame (I'm a lanky tall, all limbs!). The thing is, for me to go down a size, I have to lose a LOT of weight. I've lost about 20 lbs since I started this journey and have only gone down one size, where as a shorter friend who is in the same boat is 2.5 sizes smaller.
  • Jenn152
    Jenn152 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    This is an EXCELLENT point about sizing and how we all have different body types/shapes. You're currently a size 12 at 166, and I can wear 12s at about 195-205 ... crazy!
  • simplyshannal
    simplyshannal Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I would love to add you! I am 5'11" and my goal weight is 175. It is so wonderful that we have a group like this! Hope you reach each goal you set and have a wonderful time doing it!
  • simplyshannal
    simplyshannal Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    This is an EXCELLENT point about sizing and how we all have different body types/shapes. You're currently a size 12 at 166, and I can wear 12s at about 195-205 ... crazy!

Isn't it funny how we are all so different? When I was 195, I wore a size 10/11 so I know what you mean. We all carry our weight very differently and even gain and lose muscle differently. I currently weigh 319 and I wear a 22/24, at the heaviest I have ever been. Working hard to get to my healthy weight. Good luck as you more forward.
  • tracywaz
    tracywaz Posts: 53 Member
    Options

Isn't it funny how we are all so different? When I was 195, I wore a size 10/11 so I know what you mean. We all carry our weight very differently and even gain and lose muscle differently. I currently weigh 319 and I wear a 22/24, at the heaviest I have ever been. Working hard to get to my healthy weight. Good luck as you more forward.

Dang! When I've been up around 200, I was in a 16. Maybe you all just have more muscle than I do, hence weighing more but being smaller. I know I have a high % of body fat and have even been told I'm "skinny fat." I don't weigh a lot in comparison to women my height, but I'm carrying a lot of blubber. I have really wide hips as well, compared to the rest of my frame. It'll be interesting to see how much smaller I get as a build muscle-- something I've never really been able to do.
  • Naturally_EB
    Naturally_EB Posts: 44 Member
    Options

Same here! I currently wear size 12s at 200lbs. I don't think of myself as being very hippy either; I'm more top heavy. Hopefully, I'll get a better idea of my goal weight as I begin to lose more.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options

Dang! When I've been up around 200, I was in a 16. Maybe you all just have more muscle than I do, hence weighing more but being smaller. I know I have a high % of body fat and have even been told I'm "skinny fat." I don't weigh a lot in comparison to women my height, but I'm carrying a lot of blubber. I have really wide hips as well, compared to the rest of my frame. It'll be interesting to see how much smaller I get as a build muscle-- something I've never really been able to do.

I was needing to go buy 16's at 190. We are all build different even if we are all tall ladies...

I know of people who weigh less than me that are having trouble fitting into 8's, as where now I have 4 Tall jeans from Old Navy that fit. Right now I'm 153 and trying to lose 5 of what I've gained over winter. Oh, and I'm 5'11, 34 years old.
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I am a size 12 in pants right now. I am 5'10" and 178-182. When I hit 170-175 I can usually get in a 10. I am most happy in an 8.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Tall women.............You can add me : )
  • kellyw036
    kellyw036 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Tall women.............You can add me : )

Me too!! I'm 5'11 goal weight is around 185-190 (I think?) I just want to see 199.9 for now!! Then I will see how I feel!
  • Boocakes08
    Options
    That's how i feel...I just want to hit the 199 mark! Once I hit that I will feel invisible!!!
  • Andreabree
    Andreabree Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I must shop at places that have Vanity sizing because at 215 I can wear 16's and some 14's. I would love also to see 199 on the scale! Can't wait! Feel free to add me. Oh...I'm 5' 11 1/2"...never quite made 6'. :)