Vegan triumph!

Options
sarahhorrigan
sarahhorrigan Posts: 64 Member
Just fancied sharing this experience with you guys...

I had my very very very meat-eating brother and sister-in-law over yesterday... and they both left saying how delicious the food was and asked for seconds / recipes! Everything I cooked was 100% vegan - from coconut dal with broccoli to red kidney bean curry, mushroom korma, bombay potatoes and more. Dessert was a summer fruit pudding with soy cream - again, more seconds.

Hooray for satisfying the meat-eaters and helping them realise that vegan food = tasty and delicious!

Replies

• ThriftyChica12
    ThriftyChica12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    yes!!!!!!!! this is the way to change hearts and minds :)
  • sarahhorrigan
    Options
    It sure is! At one point they were both flicking through my recipe books drooling!! :laugh:
  • Evachiquita
    Evachiquita Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! I have impressed a few very hard core meat eaters. They love my food and are always, always more than willing to eat it but are not ready to make the change themselves.
  • kaliya89
    kaliya89 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It's so exciting when you can show people that vegan food can be delicious! :)
  • HotGraham4985
    HotGraham4985 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Victory!!
    I would LOVE to do this for my family.

Feel free to share those recipes with US. :bigsmile:
  • sarahhorrigan
    Options
    Victory!!
    I would LOVE to do this for my family.

Feel free to share those recipes with US. :bigsmile:

I will share them... when I get a moment, I'll type them up. In the meantime, I use Pinterest to nab yummy recipes and my board is at http://pinterest.com/sarahhorrigan/vegan-recipes/ - yum, yum, yum!
  • violet976
    violet976 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Would love to see the recipe for the fruit pudding.
  • sarahhorrigan
    Options
    I've posted the summer pudding recipe to the recipes folder! Will add the other recipes when I get a moment :smile:
  • mikeveggie68
    mikeveggie68 Posts: 116
    Options
    i've been doing this with my family too.. once or twice a week a fix a meal that's 100% vegan (i'm the only vegan in the house), and a couple of times i had to tell them it was vegan because they didn't realize, feel free to friend me... i like recipe sharing
  • eleqtriq
    eleqtriq Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My wife and I have been winning over non-vegans this same way! We've had people over for dinner who didn't even realize they had no meat or dairy.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I've done a mole from "Appetite for Reduction" and had success with omnivores- but I still find it daunting.
    I fall back on curries.