What's your absolute favorite workout?!

Options
Jonette01
Jonette01 Posts: 38 Member
I must say...ever since I discovered the stairclimber...it's all I think about. I'm addicted. I HATE cardio and have a treadmill phobia (yeah I'm being dramatic)...I just really dislike getting on that thing. Plus I had a guy tell me one time (he had been watching me at the gym over the course of a few days I guess - werid, huh) that I do way too much cardio and that I would lose my curves.

He introduced me to the stairclimber...and I've been HOOKED ever since. I started doing 5m straight (which is serious biz)...then my friend told me about how she does Interval Training. Love Love Love it!

15minute with the machine automatically alternating between 1m at a high level and a low level (you select it) has been wonderful for my glutes. Just to push myself... when the machine is on the lowest level, I stand on every other step and do a leg lift.

My butt is really sitting up there, my thighs are tight, and I'm not getting stick thin while doing cardio :bigsmile:

Replies

• gowrirao81
    gowrirao81 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    My absolute favouritest :laugh: workout is boxing with my personal trainer .... I cannot belive how much fun it is! It's the only cardio thing I can do that leave me with more energy when I finish. A close second is the Elliptical trainer ... best calorie burn per minute ever!
  • Jonette01
    Options
    I totally want to do boxing!!! I know that works your entire body. Between my spending habits and my son's sports addiction...I wish I could afford a personal trainer. Matter fact, wish I could afford a dietician/cook to prepare my food for me 3x a week. lol :tongue:
  • vickydubuis
    vickydubuis Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I've been contemplating doing the stairclimber for the last few weeks! I still want to lose 10 pounds, but no matter what, I'll always have a butt. Do you think the stairclimber would still help with weight loss AND firm everything up? Or will it just firm everything up?
  • OfficialLilCountryBelle
    Options
    My favorite workout is the Elliptical Trainer. I have my good and bad days on it because I have a bad knee, but when my knee allows I get a great workout in on light resistance though. Today, I tried Daily Burn 15 Let's Move based on First Lady Michelle Obama's Let's Move Act. It was great and easier for me to do than Zumba. It seemed to have a faster pace than Zumba and I felt like I was working more muscles. The moves were easy and my heart rate stayed up. When I was done I felt great! I've decided to make it my morning workout! I have the app on my Roku so mine comes through on my t.v. but you can also do it online. The best part is Daily Burn is FREE for 30 days!!
  • Jonette01
    Options
    I've been contemplating doing the stairclimber for the last few weeks! I still want to lose 10 pounds, but no matter what, I'll always have a butt. Do you think the stairclimber would still help with weight loss AND firm everything up? Or will it just firm everything up?

It will absolutely do both! Not only are you getting in an excellent cardio (like walking up flights of stairs), but you are building lean muscle which will burn fat even after you quit working out. You still want to make sure your net calories are within a range that will help you lose weight, but sounds like you have the right idea. Lose AND tone! :glasses:
  • Jonette01
    Options
    My favorite workout is the Elliptical Trainer. I have my good and bad days on it because I have a bad knee, but when my knee allows I get a great workout in on light resistance though. Today, I tried Daily Burn 15 Let's Move based on First Lady Michelle Obama's Let's Move Act. It was great and easier for me to do than Zumba. It seemed to have a faster pace than Zumba and I felt like I was working more muscles. The moves were easy and my heart rate stayed up. When I was done I felt great! I've decided to make it my morning workout! I have the app on my Roku so mine comes through on my t.v. but you can also do it online. The best part is Daily Burn is FREE for 30 days!!

Well if my FIrst Lady does it... I need to check it out! I love her figure :love:
  • AyanaSan
    AyanaSan Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I love running and lifting weights. I get so bummed when its super cold out (NYC) and I can't run. There is nothing like being outdoors, I sometimes run along the Hudson River.. and I find it so soothing after a long day. My love for strength training is just as intense, as my workouts. I love going hard and pushing my body to its limits to eek out another rep. I think sometimes as women we think lifting is so manly, but in reality between our purses and kids most of us lift heavy everyday and don't even know it.
  • trugift
    trugift Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba! But I also recently started working out on the Eliptical and the ARC (glider) and I have actually come to love them also. I alternate between the two during the week.
  • zanasush
    zanasush Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My favourte is Zumba, it makes me feel like I am having fun rather that working out..walking in the beach is another one.
  • Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I love deadlifts and squats followed by the arc trainer and the elliptical.
  • gilberts3
    gilberts3 Posts: 37
    Options
    I like the treadmill because I can go fast without falling because I'm blind I have a guide dog but I really like the treadmill
  • SmileyJ23
    SmileyJ23 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts and squats are my absolute favorite. All kinds of squat variations!