Dec 2013 Babies

Options
Just found out! I had 15lb more til my goal but guess that will have to wait. I have a 2.5yr old and gained 60lbs with him... my goal is to track calories to be above TTE in the 2nd/ 3rd tm, currently eating about 1800 cals... I am also nursing my 2.5 yr old but do not count that. I do hard workouts 5-6 days a week but will back off when my heart rate climbs to 170ish.
How many calories do you expect to eat/ burn daily while PG?

Replies

• sarah2002
    sarah2002 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Congrats! When are you due? I'm due Dec 7. I changed my calories to maintenance for now, which is 1510. I'm having trouble keeping that low, though, because I feel sick if I'm not constantly eating. Already gained 2 lbs in the last week, so I need to figure out how to deal better so I don't wind up with an 80lb weight gain! I work out 4-5 times a week (run 2 days, lift 2-3 days), plus I spend most Saturdays doing heavy gardening.
  • kaseybill
    kaseybill Posts: 28
    Options
    I'm due Dec 16.... unofficially. Good for you and being active! I'm eating 1800-2000 cals now, I'd definitely up yours to at least 1700-1800, especially past 12 wks. The reason I gained so much on #1 was i couldn't workout, and eating made the nausea go away. I'm hoping I can keep up with the exercise and make sure not to eat all the fast food/ sugar I did last time, even if I go over on calories. My theory is that it is better to have healthy 'over' day than an unhealthy 'doughnut' day where I eat under my calories. I made my diary public, feel free to look/ friend request. Congrats!
  • cnlargent
    cnlargent Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm right about where you are at, according to the road map, my maintenance would be around 2000, so I'm trying to eat that. I am about 13 lbs currently over my ideal weight range, so when I was trying to lose I was eating around 1700. Pregnancy for me is no time to cut, but I also don't want to gain at an unhealthy rate. I'm 163lbs and 5'5", planning to go Lindsay Brin's DVD as well as prenatal yoga. Due Dec. 7th
  • mkcolombia
    mkcolombia Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Im due Dec 3! Im eating at maintainance now, 1500. Always nauseous which doesnt help keep my calories low since I am constantly eating.
  • Taraanne76
    Taraanne76 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I just got my surprise bfp yesterday and edd is Dec 22nd. I will admit my reaction was less than thrilled only bc I am on a roll w/ loosing weight and working out. Plus I have a 7 month old so the memory of pregnancy is a little too fresh lol. Anyway, looking forward to staying healthy and active. Hoping this pregnancy doesn't make me feel awful!
  • Taraanne76
    Options
    Wow, pregnancy brain already? Losing weight not loosing weight! SMH!

I upped my cals to 1700 and am planning on eating exercise cals too. I usually spin 3- 4 days a week followed up with lifting weights. Hope I get to skip the sickness and headaches that sabotage all good intentions!

Friend me if you'd like!
  • cdbarger
    cdbarger Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm estimating my due date as Dec 17. I'm excited, but really wanted to lose more weight before getting pregnant again. I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old.

I'm eating around 1700 calories now, and still tracking everything because I want to keep the weight gain from getting out of control. I just finished the C25K program so I run 3 miles, three times a week, and I plan on continuing at a pretty slow pace as long as I can.

I'd love some due date buddies, so feel free to friend me!
  • jenzimmer
    jenzimmer Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I'm due dec 5th with my 3rd. I have my cals set to maintenance which is 1500. I'm in the same boats with eating all the time to help the morning sickness. Ugh. I am much more sick to my stomach with this baby then my other two. I used this site with my second and only gained 25 which is my goal. However if I keep stuffing my face that won't be the case! :). I've already gained 2 pounds and I'm 6 weeks! Yikes! Hopefully this passes and I can eat more then just carbs. At this point pretty much everything else sounds awful.
  • amylahminute
    amylahminute Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Hello, hello! Congrats, December mamas! I'm due around Dec 9 with my 2nd. I have a 4 yr old son, who was two weeks overdue until he was forced to come out by induction. So if this one's anything like the first, s/he'll come out around Christmas.

I'm still tracking every day too. I'm 5'3" and 146 lbs last I checked. Been playing around with eating my "maintenance" calories. I think it's 1850 (since that was my average sedentary calorie burn on a rest day with a Fitbit), but I can't tell if I'm gaining fat at this intake or just bloating. My digestion has really slowed down. I can sometimes still feel breakfast in my stomach at dinner time.

I run/spin 3x/wk, and do power yoga and/or lift weights 3x/wk. I have a 12k scheduled for May 20, and I plan to finish it one way or another. I've been feeling pretty good - sometimes too normal, and that makes me worried. Hope you're all feeling pretty good too!
  • cserg
    cserg Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am due with my first on December 21st. Kinda old for my first kid at 36 but that is just how my life has gone. :)

I don't intend to change much in the first trimester if possible but I am adding back more fruits. I have had to work really, really hard to lose the 30 or so lbs I have lost in the last 8 months or so and had another 30 to go. I am determined to avoid the JUNK during my pregnancy and be as healthy as possible. I will not look like a beached whale by the end. I do cardio about 6 hours a week but I am thinking to join a gym for swimming later in my pregnancy to get off my feet.

I'd love to friend anyone else who is pregnant and trying to stick to a healthy diet and has an open diary for ideas!

Thanks and congrats to all!
  • Taraanne76
    Options
    I have gained .2 everyday so far. Not cool. At all. This is how 60lbs adds up. :(
  • amylahminute
    Options
    I am due with my first on December 21st. Kinda old for my first kid at 36 but that is just how my life has gone. :)

I don't intend to change much in the first trimester if possible but I am adding back more fruits. I have had to work really, really hard to lose the 30 or so lbs I have lost in the last 8 months or so and had another 30 to go. I am determined to avoid the JUNK during my pregnancy and be as healthy as possible. I will not look like a beached whale by the end. I do cardio about 6 hours a week but I am thinking to join a gym for swimming later in my pregnancy to get off my feet.

I'd love to friend anyone else who is pregnant and trying to stick to a healthy diet and has an open diary for ideas!

Thanks and congrats to all!

That's how old I was when I had baby #1. You'll do awesome.

I did tons of cardio during my last pregnancy and prenatal yoga about once a week. I was spinning up to 2 weeks before my due date. This time around, since I've gotten into weightlifting and have better yoga studios nearby than before, I'm going to keep up with my usual cardio until my races this summer, but then later in my pg, shift to walking and focus more on lifting/yoga and keeping my muscles -especially my upper body and back - strong. I lost soooo much back strength with my last pregnancy, and between all the baby-carrying and nursing, my posture suffered for a good 2+ years. I'm determined not to let that happen this time around.

I think I'm going to put away the scale. I figure as long as I track to my maintenance cals and make sure I eat lots of nutrient-dense foods, my body is just going to do what it needs to do to make this baby.
  • littlebird_87
    littlebird_87 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just found out on Friday that my husband and I are expecting our first baby sometime in December. I'm just not sure when! My last period began Feb. 23rd, but the pregnancy tests I was taking about 3x/week since my period was late (I was expecting it Mar. 22nd) were all negative until last week. So I'm not sure if I ovulated late or what's going on! I have lost 32 lbs since Thanksgiving, about half way to my goal, so I want to gain as little weight as safely possible during my pregnancy. I plan on eating about 1700-1800/day during the first trimester, about 2000-2100/day during my third.
    I've been working out about 5-6x/week, doing about 45 mins of cardio and additionally doing a little "heavy" lifting (5x5 squats and power cleans with 20 lbs of weights on a 45 lb bar, etc.) 3-4x/week. Is the weight lifting safe to continue to do? Or should I discontinue it?
  • angleu
    angleu Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I just found out on Friday that my husband and I are expecting our first baby sometime in December. I'm just not sure when! My last period began Feb. 23rd,

This is the exact day of my first day of my last period as well (if you got that lol). I'm pretty sure I got pregnant March 15th or 16th give or take, which would have to mean that I ovulated super late.. I took a pregnancy test on the 2rd of April which it was positive. Now in Dec of this past year I had basically had an ovarian pregnancy. They thought it was just an ectopic until I had surgery 6ish weeks later for what they thought was cysts on my ovaries. But low and behold! Super rare what I had but my left tube was so badly damaged they took it out and saved the ovary.

I was in so much pain, thinking something else was wrong. I even went to the Dr. and I had a negative pregnancy test but the following week, at the er, (so three weeks later total) it came back positive and they gave me methotrexate. So my point is that it can take a few weeks. This time around I was whole week late before I realized I just wasn't getting it..lol My husband and I had decided to wait to try again till June so I can just heal, get back to exercising and I wanted to lose the lbs I put on over the winter with all that happened. I was not allowed to get pregnant for 3 months after that shot so after that was up I recall saying to him that weekend let's just be somewhat careful if you catch my drift (i toned it down for the forums) and we used condoms the whole month besides but that one time lol . Well with one tube left it apparently was meant to be. Haha sry for the TMI but I still can't believe it!

I go to the Dr. next Friday, technically I will be 9 weeks pregnant. The Dr. said to tell the front office that I'm high risk so I was surprised they are waited so long to get me in.This will be my 3rd pregnancy and first child if all goes well. can;t help but to be nervous..

Sry so long!
  • Jbeilfuss84
    Jbeilfuss84 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I just found out yesterday that we are expecting #3! Prospective due date is December 27th. :)
  • amylahminute
    Options
    Congrats to all the mamas who just got their BFPs!
    Is the weight lifting safe to continue to do? Or should I discontinue it?

I believe it is. Here is a good list of resources/personal accounts of women who lifted throughout their pregnancies:

http://www.stumptuous.com/category/women_stuff/pregnancy_postpartum

:)
  • Taraanne76
    Options
    [/quote]

I believe it is. Here is a good list of resources/personal accounts of women who lifted throughout their pregnancies:

http://www.stumptuous.com/category/women_stuff/pregnancy_postpartum

:)
    [/quote]

Ty for that link. I have been lifting since Nov and plan on continuing as long as I can. My trainer said I can do everything I have been just nothing new like train for a marathon. I have noticed as of yesterday my hr is higher and my calorie burn was too. Other than that it feels good still!
  • reptilequeenrachel
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am due December 3rd with my first baby! So excited!
  • Jbeilfuss84
    Jbeilfuss84 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm still lifting :) just listen to your body !
    I gained 50lbs with each of my first two pregnancies :/ ... I still had about 40 lbs I wanted to lose but it will have to wait! I just don't want to gain if I can help it. Healthy eating habits and exercise 5 days a week! I will take all the encouragement and support I can get to keep on track. I'd like to be in better shape postpartum than I am now :-)
  • MClark71903
    Options
    Hello ladies! I am due December 27th with my second child. I've had 3 miscarriages so still early in the game which makes me a little nervous and cautious, but praying that all goes well! I got preclampsia with my son and gained over 60 pounds with him and I don't want to do that this time as I am starting off already at 30 pounds heavier. I am also changing from a stressful, active, heavy duty job to a desk job and that makes me more nervous that I will gain.