HELP- How did you stop night eating?

Options
The last big challenge. Eat dinner. End dinner. No more eating. If you had this problem, how did you change?

Replies

• foxyninja398
    foxyninja398 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have a specific time at night that is my "no eating after" mark. If I start getting the munchies or start wanting to pick at food out of boredom, I usually grab something to drink instead. Water or tea (hot or cold) usually since part of the point for me is to not needlessly consume extra calories. I find that by sipping at something it gives me something to do other than seek food.

I also sometimes do a mini workout at night to fill in the hours. Nothing high intensity, just some light work with a kettlebell or hand weights, some squats or lunges. If you're working you aren't eating is my philosophy.
  • BellehavenfarmDawn
    BellehavenfarmDawn Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Good Tips! TX Will try tonight.
  • RedneckMomma77
    RedneckMomma77 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I don't have a specific time that I quit eating. If I'm truly hungry, I eat, and I don't care if it's midnight. I just watch what I eat. I try to eat enough at dinner that it will keep me from getting the munchies later, but I also make sure that I leave enough calories open so if I am hungry I can eat a piece of fruit, or something with protein in it. I find the protein lasts longer, and prevents further eating. Peanut butter usually does the trick, and I eat it out of a measuring spoon (Tbsp). I eat one, then wait to see if that did the trick. I do think however, that next time I go to the grocery store I might try some of the Almond Butter instead. I LOVE almonds. And, if I don't eat anything else, it just adds to my deficit for the day.

But that is how I do it, everybody is different.
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I worked until midnight my whole career, so I ate late morning, packed a meal for dinner at work, and had something to eat when I got home at night. When I retired and my mother came to live with me, I tried to do the routine breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but still wanted to eat something late in the evening, and that didn't fit into my calories. I'm not usually hungry in the morning anyway, so now I have a cup of tea with Mom when I get up, brunch at noon, dinner around 6 p.m., and a substantial bed-night snack (cheese, jerky, Greek yogurt and berries, etc.) around 10-11 p.m. It's been working for me--staying within my calories and satisfied at night.