I can have my cake and I will EAT it too! 4/13

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Your challenge today is to have a special treat for yourself but make it sensible....that means you can
-portion size it correctly
-make a substitution but one that truly satisfies
-or eat the real thing but budget your day accordingly with how you eat the rest of your meals and get your exercise calories in.

No deprivation just tweaking to make it all work so we can LIVE life!

Peace,
WW
PS I thought this was a nifty portion control trick. http://www.snack-girl.com/snack/portion-control-cookie/

Replies

• aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    http://www.snack-girl.com/snack/portion-control-cookie/

BRILLIANT! I'd have never thought about using an ice tray!

Pizza for dinner tonight. Going out to peddle my butt around the neighborhood to pre-burn the calories.
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!

I had a raspberry cheesecake special k bar and green tea as a snack... Really satisfied my sweet tooth!
    Will be having a couple of slices of pizza with veggies.... Really worked my butt of this week and I want a treat darn it!!
  • goldmay
    goldmay Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I had a chocolate/banana muffin this morning and burned off at least half of it during my workout. :smile:
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... not sure how to do this, maybe will run to the store to get one of those little, single serve ice creams.....
  • threadlove
    threadlove Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new here. I love the idea of a challenge a day so thank you!
    My daily chocolate fix is something I want to work on over the next couple of weeks. I do extra exercise, but I know I need to make healthier choices more often.
  • ShellyAnn46
    ShellyAnn46 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Had pizza for dinner....incorporated to my day...feel good
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Well, I had my favorite treat today at the party! CHIPS!!! I had some pita chips! Oh so good and crunchy! Chomp Chomp!
    Glad I did an extra 20 min of exercise!
  • Ms_Pixie
    Ms_Pixie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Mine was totally lame but I couldn't help it... was making hubby brekkie which was scrambled eggs on toast and was drooling over the smell of the hot toast and butter! so I made myself a slice lol
    My trainer has me on a carb-free (well mostly) breakfast for my eating plan and I haven't had bread in a while...

It. Was. Awesome!
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I am actually eating half the serving of the ben and jerry's I bought ( that's a 1/4 cup) and I am finding that is all I need. So says the person who use to eat the entire tub in one sitting on a regular basis plus a bag of Milando Mint Cookies. I don't miss bindge eatting at all.
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    What a nifty idea! Better yet, use mini muffin pan to freeze the extra cookie dough. this way when you are ready you only need to put the muffin pan in pre-heated oven. No transferring required when ready to bake.