SOS: Shout out Sundays 4/14/2013

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Hey dude and dudettes! What did you learn, regret, celebrate or pondered this week? This is your time to share ideas, thoughts and lessons learned.
Give it to meeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

Peace,
WW

Replies

• tessavonhagen
    tessavonhagen Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    this week i worked on portion control and adding more water
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    This week I was very proud of myself for not stressing over the extra calories I consumed this weekend. It was one of my friends birthdays on Thursday and we had people staying at our house this weekend so it was a lot of eating out and alcohol calories. Normally something like that would make me feel super guilty and stressed out about all of the overeating for multiple days in a row, but I think I've finally learned to just let it go and enjoy myself. I know it's something that doesn't happen all of the time so why punish myself. I should just enjoy the moment and get right back to work after it's over, which is exactly what I plan to do tomorrow! :smile:
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I am working on portion control when it comes to treats and being ok when I do go over, I :heart: pork.

We also ran our last 5K of the school year. It was very windy and cold and had big hills. I am very proud that my son kept going and we actually came in at a similar time to our our 3 races - 47 minutes. I thought for sure we would be 10 more since it was so tough on both of us. Now, if I can just keep him running this summer.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Well, troops I learned this week treats are needed and just work them in your diet however it fits you! I am a chip person and it was nice to have some pita chips at the party!
    I also learned since my periods are horrific I did experiment this time and I walked more even if very slow and short period...it was better then sitting.
    Once you start making your own food...you cannot go back to processed foods! I started making my own PB...out of a 'craving' I bought some PB..pure crap! Does not even taste like peanuts! YUCK!
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I've seen a lot of threads the past week talking about losing "so much weight" in "short amount of time". Its irritating because it has taken me 1 year to lose 25 lbs. Yesterday I decided that its ok to take a long time to lose, some people lose different then others and I want to be able to keep it off and enjoy my life as I lose. It might take me 10 years to get to goal, but its better then not doing anything at all.

Also, this week I started on a new cupcake recipe :smile:
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I've seen a lot of threads the past week talking about losing "so much weight" in "short amount of time". Its irritating because it has taken me 1 year to lose 25 lbs. Yesterday I decided that its ok to take a long time to lose, some people lose different then others and I want to be able to keep it off and enjoy my life as I lose. It might take me 10 years to get to goal, but its better then not doing anything at all.

This is so true. My roommate is the type of person who can just eat healthier and workout for a couple of weeks and all of the sudden she's lost 10 pounds or something. It's not fair that people lose weight at such different rates, but it's really good that you recognize that it's ok if it takes longer because you're doing what works for you and what will help you ultimately keep the weight off in the future. I need to remember to be more patient when it comes to my weight loss as well. Thanks for the reminder. :smile:
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Waited until today to shout out because today was annual physical with the primary. Started the new food plan with the RD last week, primary asked if I'm still feeling hungry, told her yes, BUT I don't have the new plan down quite yet, it's only been a week and I still have some tweaking to do... because I have to learn to add some things back into my meals that I had excluded for a long time (like having a piece of bread or a small roll with lunch if I'm having a salad or even just having a sandwich for lunch with a green salad, veggie soup, or some raw veggies and a piece of fruit) and once I learn this, I will start doing better and maybe I will start not feeling hungry during the day. Today starts week two, I have a ways to go before I got this.... and I understand this... didn't even freak out when I saw that I was up 3 lbs from the last time I was on a scale just over a month ago (I am putting this down to having had pizza last night... I think the guy that made it added a cup of salt to it, I've never had one so salty! ... so there is some retention going on there)
    Trainer did say on Friday that it looks like I'm starting to trim down in the mid section (I don't see it, but then there's that whole body dismorphia going on for me, and unfortunately, it looks like it's starting from the top of my mid section and working it's way down)
    All I can do is just keep plugging away and hope that something kicks in for me.
    (primary did draw blood for labs and is requesting the subclinical hypothyroid tests just in case and tomorrow is appt with foot doc about MRI on ankle, having that issue resolved will help in getting me back to my routines!)
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I am learning to say no to junk by saying yes to vegetables first. I have still had my junk but way less than usual.