2»

Replies

• w8sarge
    w8sarge Posts: 3,837 Member
    Options
    CARDIO
    132/150 with Curves circuit 2x and walking

STRENGTH TRAINING
    20/30 doing 8 moves I found on Shape webste, starting small.

LOGGING
    Food, Exercise, and Water-- doing better on H2O thanks to crazy hot winds we've been having

Twilight thoughts...

To quote LeighAnn:

Twilight quote or song that moved and grooved me today:

"I have died everyday waiting for you
    Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
    For a thousand years
    I'll love you for a thousand more" - from the song "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri

Listening to Pandora at work today and Christina Perri was featured a lot on my "Maroon 5 Radio" station. I love her music and think the song she wrote for Breaking Dawn is awesome. Then I was working out while watching Dancing With the Stars on DVR and "A Thousand Years" was featured for one of the dances. With this and re-reading the Twilight saga again, it's definitely been a Twilight kind of day.

I saw that DWTS, too, and loved it. Then yesterday, I was listening to the New Moon soundtrack and loving "No sound but the wind" and these lines stood out for me:

The things you put in your head
    They will stay here forever
    Our blood is cold
    And we're alone
    But I'm alone with you

Help me to carry the fire
    We will keep it alight together
    Help me to carry the fire
    It will light our way forever

Like Yvonne, I've been thinking about how Twilight has changed my life, become a part of my new memories and affected my family through the joy we get sharing the stories, music, and feelings evoked. I love that.
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    150 minutes Dancing, walking, running, aerobics, you name it. Have fun!
    169150 minutes (none today)

STRENGTH TRAINING
    30 minutes total. ----Your choice of moves. Push-ups, squats, using weights, whatever you want.
    3/30 wall push-ups (none today)

LOGGING
    Food, Exercise, and Water - Honestly - Daily I am in the hole on calories by about 600 for the week.

Twilight....
    Starting to pack for my move the end of May. Was thinking last night about how I need to group my Twilight memorabilia together and not lose track of it in the move. Made we wonder what Bella got to take with her to the Cottage. Maybe things that the Cullen's smuggled from her dad's house without him taking notice, that is, until he got to see her in her 'new' form.

Twilight at Work...I had a little distraction at work...our new boss talks, nonstop. She has aspirations to go far and upward, so she tends to blabber...anyway, she told us in a longwinded staff meeting that instead of order takers, we were order shapers. At that moment I imagined that I would rather be a shape shifter so I could get the heck out of that meeting! Just call me Leah Clearwater.

" Nudity was an inconvenient but unavoidable part of pack life. We'd all thought nothing of it before Leah came along. Then it got awkward." - Jacob Black
  • w8sarge
    w8sarge Posts: 3,837 Member
    Options
    308/150 Dancing, walking, running, aerobics. Enjoyed a cool cloudy day, hoping for vampires on my walk.

23/30 minutes Strength Training...maybe more later this eve?

Logging honestly, Over for the week but had a party to go to yesterday and enjoyed the desserts though I ate a sensible meal first.

Twilight...

Thinking about Renesmee and Tennyson I had to look up, what was she reading at 3 months? Aw, BDp529 has it

"'There is sweet music here,'" she read without hesitation, "'that softer falls than petals from blown roses on the grass, or night-dews on still waters between walls of shadowy granite, in a gleaming pass--'"

So many beautiful images that the Twilight books and movies and the fantastic music bring to mind. Thanks, Yvonne and ladies, for bringing so much to liven our lives, work, and workouts!
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Hi ladies, I was out of town this weekend to see my son, so my logging didn't get complete Saturday and I didn't log Sunday.
    Did some shopping while there, and a lot of walking as a result. Got home in time to do my taxes. Bah humbug!

I enjoyed Twilight playlists on my road trip. It's. a great way to pass the time while in the car.

A song that I've always enjoyed on the New Moon soundtrack is 'Possibility' by Lykke Li. While eerie, it completely captures the mood of the situation.
    The piano in the song, the part in the movie where the room rotates and she remains as the months go by, and the blank pages in the book...all show how devastated Bella is by Edward's leaving.

So tell me when you hear my heart stop
    You're the only one that knows
    Tell me when you hear my silence
    There's a possibility I wouldn't know

Happy Monday ladies!!! You are all awesome!
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Cardio. 169/150 - Mostly walking with hills
    Strength 5/30 - I just couldn't get into it this week
    Logging, water, food, exercise - honestly and daily - I missed Friday & Saturday ....shame on me!

I'm re-reading the saga and just started Eclipse yesterday. Like Yvonne and Susie, I was thinking about how Twilight has influenced my life these last however many years. I was late jumping on the bandwagon (the first movie was already out on DVD), but can't imagine my life without Twilight now. I pure and simply love it.
  • surfrgrl1
    Options
    Cardio. 169/150 - Mostly walking with hills
    Strength 5/30 - I just couldn't get into it this week
    Logging, water, food, exercise - honestly and daily - I missed Friday & Saturday ....shame on me!

I'm re-reading the saga and just started Eclipse yesterday. Like Yvonne and Susie, I was thinking about how Twilight has influenced my life these last however many years. I was late jumping on the bandwagon (the first movie was already out on DVD), but can't imagine my life without Twilight now. I pure and simply love it.

Leighann, I was late too. My sis had told me about these YA books that were really good, but I just wasn't into reading much back then. When the first movie came out on DVD I got it from Redbox as a last resort of something that I might like. Somewhere in the movie I found myself caught up and well...here we are!!!