Welcome - What Makes You Beautiful?

Options
eatinghappy
eatinghappy Posts: 11 Member
Hello and welcome!
First let me apologize for having to delete two groups! I AM SO SORRY! This is my first group on myfitnesspal, so enough said on that topic.

Everyone is welcome here and several of us meet at our church weekly to discuss all matters healthy in mind body and spirit! This is a place to share "the love" so please be loving and kind in all matters. Our purpose here is to uplift one another and provide guidance - thanks!

SMILE - YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL
Let's take a minute to thank God for our healthy minds, bodies and growing spirits and then probe deeply to ponder the question,"What Makes ME Beautiful?"

Enthusiasm, perseverance and a pollyana-positive attitude!!!

Replies

• whiskey5jda2008
    whiskey5jda2008 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    What makes us all beautiful in his sight is that we all are the work of his hand and made in his sight male & female.

Christ pursues us with his love. He is chasing us and he has said that we are all beautiful in his sight and he has paid the ultimate price for us. Just as Hosea pursued, loved, and purchased even purchased Gomer so Christ has done that same for us.
  • Ihalla
    Ihalla Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I think about giving up all the time. I always think about what makes me beautiful and what other people say to me when I tell them how much weight I've lost. I am smart, and determined to lose this weight and I know that Christ is behind me all the way. I try not to get discouraged because it is so easy to give up and I know that would not be the right thing to do.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody! :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:

This is what makes me beautiful....

Isaiah 61
    Amplified Bible (AMP)

61 The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed and qualified me to preach the Gospel of good tidings to the meek, the poor, and afflicted; He has sent me to bind up and heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the [physical and spiritual] captives and the opening of the prison and of the eyes to those who are bound,

2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord [the year of His favor] and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn,

3 To grant [consolation and joy] to those who mourn in Zion—to give them an ornament (a garland or diadem) of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, the garment [expressive] of praise instead of a heavy, burdened, and failing spirit—that they may be called oaks of righteousness [lofty, strong, and magnificent, distinguished for uprightness, justice, and right standing with God], the planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.

4 And they shall rebuild the ancient ruins; they shall raise up the former desolations and renew the ruined cities, the devastations of many generations.

5 Aliens shall stand [ready] and feed your flocks, and foreigners shall be your plowmen and your vinedressers.

6 But you shall be called the priests of the Lord; people will speak of you as the ministers of our God. You shall eat the wealth of the nations, and the glory [once that of your captors] shall be yours.

7 Instead of your [former] shame you shall have a twofold recompense; instead of dishonor and reproach [your people] shall rejoice in their portion. Therefore in their land they shall possess double [what they had forfeited]; everlasting joy shall be theirs.

8 For I the Lord love justice; I hate robbery and wrong with violence or a burnt offering. And I will faithfully give them their recompense in truth, and I will make an everlasting covenant or league with them.

9 And their offspring shall be known among the nations and their descendants among the peoples. All who see them [in their prosperity] will recognize and acknowledge that they are the people whom the Lord has blessed.

10 I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul will exult in my God; for He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself with a garland, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

11 For as [surely as] the earth brings forth its shoots, and as a garden causes what is sown in it to spring forth, so [surely] the Lord God will cause rightness and justice and praise to spring forth before all the nations [through the self-fulfilling power of His word].

Amen...and AMEN!!!! This is what makes me beautiful, inside and outside:smooched: :love: :smooched:
  • maggiepoppins
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi everyone on the "What makes you beautiful" site..
    I need a friend to support me and help me stick to my eating plan, If anyone would like encouragement, specific prayer support, maybe we could help each other. What makes me beautiful is:heart: Chirst living in me:heart:
  • dbeastismad
    Options
    The Lord shaped me in my mother's womb. He knows every hair on my head and desire in my heart. He made me beuatiful and precious no matter what the world says. I am on a quest to become more healthy and to care for the vessel that God has blessed me with. :)
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    what makes me beautiful is? knowing that jesus loved me so much he died on the cross for me. He had a plan and special purpose for me. He healed me from Eplisey and a learning disablity. Used me at the age of 1 1/2 years old to lead my doctor to christ, my social worker to Evangelism and the man who was to pray for me to the healing ministry.
  • lncgurley
    lncgurley Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Wow, great question! And one I struggle to answer, but have settled on God, working through me makes me beautiful, His spirit. Choosing Him makes me beautiful. Wow, I love this topic!
  • knitwit0704
    knitwit0704 Posts: 376
    Options
    What makes me beautiful is knowing that no matter how many friends may leave me, whether they leave me for someone else, because they just don't like me anymore, or if I'm just 'not pretty enough', G-d never will. I will always be beautiful to Him, though He may not like what I do, he will never leave, and he will always think I'm pretty, no matter how ugly others think I am.
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    Options
    this is very true exactly knit wit . I share the same answers as you do.
  • losingweight12345
    Options
    I am really happy to be apart of a group that are believes. I have in the past saw myself as not beautiful and I was very hard and down on myself. I lacked self esteem. My ex-husband said to me he didn't love me anymore because I was fat. I was consistently looking for acceptance and love from people. So I tried to preform and be what I thought others want me to be. Then I read this book called "The Search for Significance" by Robert S. McGee. This book has changed my life! I have the self-esteem and I don't look for acceptance from people anymore no matter what I look like or act like. I am beautiful and Loved by God and accepted by him. That is what matter most. However, with that said I know I need to lose some weight to be healthy because although God loves me and find me beautiful just the way I am. I believe he want me to be healthy too.
  • eatinghappy
    eatinghappy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Awesome to see and hear all of your posts! Today let's reflect on how we share our beauty with others...
    How do you share your beauty with others?

I volunteer at my church and share my gifts with others through a prayer ministry, a support group, a women's ministry and earlier this year at a Beth Moore women's retreat!

Please take a moment to pray for all those harmed by the bombings at the Boston Marathon earlier today. At this point over 100 were treated for injuries and 2 were pronounced dead. Such a tragedy.
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    Options
    @ loseweight 1 I totally relate to you on the ex husband part. I have read the same book. one book that changed my life is The Search for Peace A women's guide to Spiritual wholeness by my friend Wanda Guitterez. she is a women's minister for 25 years.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Awesome to see and hear all of your posts! Today let's reflect on how we share our beauty with others...
    How do you share your beauty with others?

I volunteer at my church and share my gifts with others through a prayer ministry, a support group, a women's ministry and earlier this year at a Beth Moore women's retreat!

Please take a moment to pray for all those harmed by the bombings at the Boston Marathon earlier today. At this point over 100 were treated for injuries and 2 were pronounced dead. Such a tragedy.

I share my "beauty" with others by smiling at people (especially people who I don't know--as well as people I know as well, but who look dejected or troubled or sad) and say "How ya doing Happy" or asking them how are they doing and feeling today and I ask them why do they look so sad, mad or why are they feeling bad...NOT in a "pat" polite way, but in a way that they KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that I'm not asking to be "nosy", but because I truly and deeply CARE, even though I don't know them. It is nothing less than amazing how EVERYONE The Lord gives me the Love and Boldness to ask this, how they ALL share with me exactly what's going on with them (no matter how personal and even though they don't know me). As I listen to them, afterwards I ask them if I can pray with them and I've NEVER (in more than 30+years of doing this) has EVER said No or no thank you. After we pray, I let them know I'll be thinking of them and praying for them and ask if I can have a hug....I've NEVER had anyone say no.

The Lord often directs me to give money, water or food to homeless and people with serious problems too (strangers).
    I share The Beauty and spirit of the Lord by loving my neighbors as I do myself and being kind and friendly. Not caring if I look foolish or weird being kind and joyful.

I share my beauty with others by speaking the truth to others in LOVE and Grace and Faith. That's just a wee bit of how I show God's Love in me ("my beauty") to others. When people ask me "what church do you go to"? I tell them I don't "GO to" a church, but that I am The Church and God directed me to talk with you and pray with you and let you know He Sees you and Loves you and wants you to get to know Him too. NEVER in all of the years of "showing God's Beauty in me" this way has ANYONE ever done anything others than completely brighten and smile and thank me, which I immediately tell them it's NOT me, it's Christ in me, my Hope of Glory, Joy, Light and Life and He makes me the way I am.
  • whiskey5jda2008
    whiskey5jda2008 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    The Lord shaped me in my mother's womb. He knows every hair on my head and desire in my heart. He made me beuatiful and precious no matter what the world says. I am on a quest to become more healthy and to care for the vessel that God has blessed me with. :)

There you go girl!!!!!