Wallflowers come OUT!!!!!!!! 4/15

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Hey! I thought this challenge would be fun! For those who have never Zumba now is your chance! And in the privacey of your home! You can dance, trip, misstep all in your workout room without getting embarrassed! Try it and let me know if you like it or not! YAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=schNu5ylfwc

Peace,
WW

Replies

• BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I love zumba! I will try to do some today when i get home.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Have done Zumba before and liked it (other than that I have two left feet... I know, I know how can a bellydancer have trouble with this?? Totally different, as a bellydancer I don't have to necessarily keep in time with other people and when we learn a group routine, we work on it over weeks before I get my feet, hips, arms, hands, smile, and breathing all working together) maybe if I get the okay from the doc tomorrow for the ankle, I see if my zumba meetup group is still active and I can make the class after combat on Sat....)
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Zumba is where it was reinforced for me that I dance on the off beat. Apparently so does my dad so it must be something heritary. My husband hates dancing with me because of it. :cry: I have a hard time in Zumba becuase I get off beat and then I'm either behind or ahead or something. :grumble: I didn't realize how many videos were in YouTube, I should have though, perhaps I'll start doing some at home where who cares if I'm off beat or not. Its why I liked belly dancing when I did it - I didn't have to be in synch with everyone else. I :heart: to dance! And Zumba has some of my favorite music.
  • Aktorri
    Aktorri Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hesitant to do zumba because I don't want to look like an idiot, even in the privacy of my own home.....
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I LOVE ZUMBA!! I'm definitely going to have to try this video out. The classes they have on at the rec center on campus don't work with my schedule so I can never go. I want to get back into it this summer though because I always have a lot of fun when I go, even though I seriously lack any sort of rhythm. Lol
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Hesitant to do zumba because I don't want to look like an idiot, even in the privacy of my own home.....

This is kind of what I initially though too, but then I went to a class and it honestly wasn't so bad. Yes, I looked pretty ridiculous trying to do some of the moves, but so did about half of the other people in the room. Once I realized I wasn't the only one it made me feel a lot more comfortable and I was able to just let lose and enjoy myself. because it honestly is a really fun workout. :smile:
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    Zumba is where it was reinforced for me that I dance on the off beat. Apparently so does my dad so it must be something heritary. My husband hates dancing with me because of it. :cry: I have a hard time in Zumba becuase I get off beat and then I'm either behind or ahead or something. :grumble: I didn't realize how many videos were in YouTube, I should have though, perhaps I'll start doing some at home where who cares if I'm off beat or not. Its why I liked belly dancing when I did it - I didn't have to be in synch with everyone else. I :heart: to dance! And Zumba has some of my favorite music.

EXACTLY that is my point why I did this one today so all the shy wallflowers can do it at home in peace! Go for it ya'll!
  • garlic7girl
    Options

OK get out of your comfort ZONE!!!!!!!!!
  • Pinkkfrost
    Pinkkfrost Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Saving this for later!!! Some of these zumba youtube videos kick my butt at home and I can only do the first 1/2 of them. =( But if this one is for beginners, then I'm up for trying it!!!!
  • threadlove
    threadlove Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm terrible at following videos, but I like dancing around the house. I'm in. :)
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    You just dance to a beat of a different drummer, that's all :bigsmile: I still can't get in time with the Zumba classes.... at least until I've done the exact same routine for several weeks so I know it (same for bellydancing in troupe and even for Combat class,) in some cases I had to learn things backwards to actually learn it (I'm a lefty) so, just remember:
    when you dance your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor, it's to enjoy each step along the way. Go, enjoy your dance and to heck with everyone who can't follow YOUR beat!
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I bookmarked it. I am definitely going to try this. Thank you.