In a bit of a pickle...

Options
I am due to do my next Insanity workout in the next few hours. I am into week two and am weighing in at 298lbs.

I have really enjoyed the workouts so far, much more fun than i ever imagined...

I seem to have had a reoccurence of an old rugby related injury. My knee has flared up in size. I know it is fluid. It is not totally painful, but enough to make me think twice about carrying on at the moment because it is restricting the movement of my right knee. I have made an appointment with the doctors on Friday.

Do i (a) Carry on regardless, trying to ignore the pain, fighting through it, and adapting some of the excercises to suit.

Or (b) Stop the programme for the time being, find some other way of excercising IE swimming/walking/upperbody work until the problem has been sorted.

I don't really want to quit, but i understand this is a life change i am making, and it's a marathon, not a 100m sprint.

Help please guys, i really love the Insanity workout.

Replies

• tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I would rest it until you have a chance to talk to your doctor. Stick with some low impact activities such as swimming or biking in the meantime. You can still get in a great workout with either of those options.
  • jonathanmhobson
    jonathanmhobson Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    It was pure cardio yesterday and to be honest it actually aided the problem. Today i have done plyometrics with no pain. I think i will continue for the time being as it is not causing discomfort. I think the thing that has tweaked my knee has been the deep lunge which i have been trying to pull off when stretching after the warm up. Unfortunately for me i think i have been trying to be a little too flexible a little too quick.
  • jakesfitness
    jakesfitness Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    i agree, if it isnt hurting you or getting worse, go ahead and keep going. take it easy though and listen to your body. If your knee does start to hurt, stop. Its better to take a few days off and see the doctor to fix the problem then push through it and end up really hurting yourself and then being out of comission for a few months.
  • singh72047
    singh72047 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just do your best, and forget the rest.