supplements

Options
sburde2
sburde2 Posts: 178 Member
Hey guys. I've been crossfitting since December and don't ever plan on stopping!! Most of the people at my box take supplements and drink recovery drinks, mainly Advocare stuff. I don't take anything right now, not even a multivitamin, but I'm thinking about starting. Not sure if I want to jump on the Advocare train cause the stuff is pretty expensive but I haven't heard about anything else. So if you'd be so kind, tell me what you're taking, why, and if you think it's helping. Thanks!

Replies

• madmags
    madmags Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I use Wheybolic Extreme 60 from GNC for my recovery and additional protein supplement. I don't take any vitamins, but I am getting in lots of vegetables, so I am not as concerned. My biggest concern is getting plenty of protein in, to aid with muscle recovery and growth. The Wheybolic isn't cheap, but if you get a gold card and get it on the buy one get one half off and 20% week, which is every other month at GNC then it is very reasonable.
  • Charles4Jesus
    Charles4Jesus Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    SAM'S club carries a whey protein 23grams protein, 4grams carbs and 120 cals for $18 and change for 30 day supply. I've mixed it with a smoothie,milk,almond milk and water. I don't take if I don't do a WOD. Not as sore the next day after taking it compared to not.
  • Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    Options
    I just take a Glucosamine with Condroitin and MSM supplement for my joints, and Vitamin B for more energy. If I do have pre- or post-workout supplements, it's usually the brand SFH. It's grass-fed whey protein.
  • sburde2
    sburde2 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    thanks guys!
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    I take Condroitin for my knees and I have a shake (Balance Ultra lean Ripped protein on days I WOD or work out.