Endometrial Hyperplasia

Options
crimsontech
crimsontech Posts: 234 Member
Has anyone gotten to this stage in their PCOS? I had a uterine biopsy last week that showed hyperplasia, so now she wants to do a D&C. I bled for over 50 days until this Saturday when it finally stopped on its own. Worried about this procedure and looking for someone who's gone through this.

Replies

• Quiche867
    Quiche867 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I had endometrial hyperplasia. Those biopsies are not fun at all!!! I was able to resolve mine with progesterone and then birth control pills to regulate my period. I don't have any experience with D&C, but my friend said it wasn't that bad when she had hers done. ~Hope that helps a little. :happy:
  • crimsontech
    crimsontech Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    It sounds like that's going to be the plan for me. Whenever I'm losing weight, I start bleeding. I went 59 days straight which just ended on Saturday. They found "focal atypia" which means some of the cells were abnormal so I'm getting a D&C in a month (because of the timing of the in-office procedures) to get a better sample of what's going on. I wouldn't be having this procedure without these atypical cells. Kinda worried about it. :\