Squat Challenge

Options
Join us on the squat Challenge: http://sassymomsinthecity.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/IMG_4348.jpg

We started today

Replies

• brittroxs21
    Options
    heck yeah im pumped day 1 has been good so far :)
  • KrisSempai
    Options
    Kudo's B-B, I started the Squat Challenge today as well, just checking in to say it was a success. This activity burned during it... when I sat down I felt so good I thought I could do another 50.... but when I stood up, my legs started wobbling X'D
  • KrisSempai
    Options
    OMG, okay, day 2 of squats.... complete. If you have already done day 1 of squats then you will be feeling a little discouraged about doing them today because before you start your already in ton of pain (if your in as bad of shape as I am, that is) But I've already done them so I know you can to, if you haven't already and your reading this message, get up and get them over with :)

Pain baby~! FEEL THE BURN! I LOVE IT, YEAH!

lol

Also, feel free to post here to brag about your day to day challenge accomplishments (or any other board, make yourself at home). The mind likes to be noticed, so its very encouraging to have people to brag to, which in turn helps us support you and ends as a motivation as you achieve your goals :)
  • egrif1
    egrif1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm joining in the challenge as of today. I did 28 yesterday. I will add 12 to the squats for today and continue on through day 30. :ohwell:
  • KrisSempai
    Options
    alright! You go girl!
  • cstod74
    cstod74 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I would like to start them today, where do I go find out on what to do? Is it just to do 30 squats or anything different?
  • KrisSempai
    Options
    I would like to start them today, where do I go find out on what to do? Is it just to do 30 squats or anything different?

You can coppy and paste the image link on the first post of this board, but to get you started.

Day 1) 50 Squats
    Day 2) 55 Squats
    Day 3) 60 Squats
    Day 4) Rest
    Day 5) 65 Squats
    ect

So add on 5 squats a day, and rest after every 3 days. Good luck, I'm about to do mine right now. Feel free to post here just to say "I DID MY SQUATS TODAY" if you would like :) I know for me it feels nice to shout it out lol
  • tjbama09
    tjbama09 Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi I started the squat challege April 1st via this facebook group :)https://www.facebook.com/PYCFitness I just joined the group and I am Tammy btw. And April 1st I did 30 squats, April 2nd getting off the toilet gave me a whole new perspective of the shape I'm in. Yikes.
  • KrisSempai
    Options
    Nice to meet you tammy. So you have completed the challenge already? How do you feel? are you still continuing doing some squats on a regular basis? I hear ya on the soreness though here it be the 3rd day and I think my legs are starting to get used to the pain. it still hurts quite a bit when I actually go to squat down for anything whether its the kid's toys or something I have dropped or even to tie my shoes, lol.
  • tjbama09
    Options
    No this was an April challenge so will be doing 300 squats on the last day of April. LOL So no, I haven't completed it yet. I actually added some squat jumps today. It comes and goes and actually my legs now hurt worse on the rest day and day after. I think it is rest every 7th day or something. So I'm actually not sure what's causing that but I know your muscles need time to recover so I'm doing it. :-)
  • cstod74
    Options
    Hey there, I am Christie btw...........woke up and did my 55 squats and also I had added to my daily routine is 20 wall push ups.......Not able to do them on the ground just yet but maybe in time..........I feel great that I was able to accomplish this with you all doing them with me! So everyone keep up the great work and we can do this together..........

btw..........does everyone do a weekly weigh in or daily? I am thinking doing weekly because I will get discouraged if I do daily any tips?:wink:
  • tjbama09
    Options
    LOL i'm doing them to, however, on a different plan and schedule. I have to do 190 squats today...yikes...
  • KrisSempai
    Options
    oh April, sorry... I have no idea but I keep thinking its may @_@ lol. ouch 190 squats, I'm somewhat relieved I'm on the beginning end of of the challenge. X'D

Hi Cristie, Good job knocking the first two days of the challenge out. I think the hardest part is to even get started so we are a head of the game ;)

I currently dont have a scale which is sometimes discouraging. but if I had one I would say weigh in once a week. This is because your body will fluctuate pounds even through out the day. even if the scale says you weigh 164 (throwing a random number out there, lol) in the morning by the night time it might say you weigh 166 or even 162. so its not reliable and will drive you crazy.

Also we are working on strength training, therefore, building some flashy muscles in replace of what may be, for some, (cough, myself cough cough) currently jelly flappen thighs. Muscle weighs more than fat.... so if at first you are gaining weight dont be discouraged :)
  • siquettewilliams
    Options
    Hello my name is Siquette, I started the challenge yesterday did 50 squats with my bestie. It wasn't as bad as we thought it would be but Im encouraged, it made me want to do more :laugh: ...but I didn't. Today is 55, I'm a little sore but not terrible. I know it has alot to do with the shape im in so im not too worried plus this is enjoyable who doesn't love a challenge!!! :happy:
  • paulettepalmer1
    Options
    Hey im Paulette! Yesterday my best friend and i did day on of the squat challenge. We never do squats so it was something new for us but it was it was definitely doable. Today we are going to 55 squats which should be easier than yesterday and it will continue to get easier with everyday of gradual increase. I am excited about working out and eating healthier and it will even be better to do it with my best friend by my side!:happy: :smile: :happy: :smile:
  • KrisSempai
    Options
    Hi Paulette and Siquette, its nice to meet you both. Now this might be skepticism but by any chance are both of you besties ^_^
    Britt and I are both bests encouraging each other to meet the goals of this challenge and healthy eating (she has posted a few times but cant get on groups with a phone so its rare)

I think its pretty awesome, your not to far behind us, we are only on day 4. lets all knock these out together :)
  • cstod74
    Options
    Hello Ladies and any gents that are on this site,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hope everyone is doing their squats!!!! Keep it up and keep going......... and keep logging in your meals............ have a great weekend everyone.......
  • KrisSempai
    Options
    Thanks, Shamefully I did not do my squats yesterday but doing them today. I had to take the whole myfitnesspal aside. Me and Britt were at a concert all day yesterday... so exercise did commit itself. However, I did get a huge burger yesterday. It's not that I never want to eat fast food or anything. its just while I'm trying to lose weight I'm trying to stay away from those sorts of places. I had done this before as well as eliminating coke and it mad a BIG difference. After not being lazy and getting food to cook at the house and supply some healthy snacks to keep me from benjing, I realized I don't think people have the CRAVING for these junk foods. But it does become a habit. "I don't want to cook dinner, lets order a pizza. or lets dollar menu it up, bebe~ but if I have a burger, it will taste better and be more filling with fries.... a drink you ask? well, I guess I'll take a coke." lol but yeah, eating is a habit like anything else and I'm trying to break away certain ones of those. eating out = a fun treat, not a regular alternative :)
  • cstod74
    Options
    This is the first full week I have had no fries , no soda and cut back on sugar. wasn't easy. Found myself buying a small fountain drink by habit and actually got water! So today was squat day of rest, however I still did about 30 was feeling a bit sore and felt nice to just keep it going... Look for lots of help this 2nd week in
  • siquettewilliams
    Options
    Lol yes Kris me and Paulette are best friends and we are doing myfitnesspal together. It makes things a lot easier when you have a friend by your side.
    P.S. did not expect the soar-ness to get worse the next day but boy were we wrong. Things as simple as walking up and down steps seemed like a dreadful task so saturday's squats happened sunday morning woke up feeling strengthened so I just went on ahead and did them while I could. It actually got better throughout the day and I'm pumped about starting this new week and the squats that come with it :laugh: