What's your workout and are you still losing weight?

Options
So, ladies out of all of my past three pregnancies it's sad to say but I have never worked out during them and this fourth is going to be different, I have changed my lifestyle and now it's going to stay that way while pregnant so what is your favorite workout to do? How much do you push yourself? and last but not least have any of you actually lost weight, I've still got a lot to lose and although I'm not trying to lose I just think that if I'm still working out and eating right I could lose is it necessarily a bad thing to lose weight in pregnancy if you are 50-60 pounds overweight?

Replies

• RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to lose I just think that if I'm still working out and eating right I could lose is it necessarily a bad thing to lose weight in pregnancy if you are 50-60 pounds overweight?

I know you're not trying to lose, but you should be at least eating maintenance calories (plus eating back exercise calories) until you and your doctor/midwife can come up with a plan. Some ladies here have lost, some inadvertently, some not, but most of them have done it with their doctor's/midwife's blessing. Please check with your doctor/midwife first!
  • cdbarger
    cdbarger Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I still have about 50 pounds I'd like to lose, but my weight has been nuts since finding out I was pregnant. I gained a bunch, and have been slowly losing it (probably retaining water and/or bloating).

I've upped my calories by about 250 per day, which still has me set to lose 1 pound a week. It would be nice to lose a little, but I'm mostly focusing on not gaining more than I need and eating healthy. For some reason it is always easier for me to be healthy when I'm pregnant- I tend to crave fruits and veggies.

For workouts I go running for 30 minutes 3x a week and I try to walk as much as I can everyday. I'm not pushing myself much at all, just trying to maintain the endurance I've built up. It's important to listen to your body and not overdo it. Take more breaks and drink more water, or go a little slower. And get your doctor's opinion about it all.

Hope that helps. Good luck!
  • Mom2ATM
    Mom2ATM Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    my weight was up and down this whole pregnancy due to me eating better and working out and my drs said it was fine that i was losing here and there bc it was from healthy choices and not starving myself or getting sick, but not to actually try to lose :) Im obese so as my dr said i have some to spare lol