Our First Challenge - 4/18/2013

Options
I don't plan on posting daily challenges, but I think this is something we need to do periodically for the next 45 days. I know today is partway over, but if you are up for it, set yourself a challenge. Post your challenge, then tomorrow tell us if you succeeded. No challenge is too small or too big. (And be honest about your results, it keeps us accountable.)

For example, cmbartos170 is going to do 10 minutes on the treadmill tonight with no excuses, she will do it. Doesn't matter if it is late, 10 minutes is all she needs to meet this challenge.

I already had plans to run 4 miles today. My normal run time for 4 miles is generally around 50 minutes. Today, my challenge will be to run it 45 minutes or less.

Any other takers on todays challenge?

Replies

• Emily3456
    Emily3456 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My challenge is to kick butt at CrossFit tonight and not eat back my workout calories! (Sometimes I do eat the back, but I figured I throw that in there to make my challenge more difficult.)
  • nicolie81587
    nicolie81587 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Monday's and Thursday's are days off for intense cardio so I will do Jillian's 30 Day Shred tonight and an hour of walking. :)
  • warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    My day is pretty much over; I work and then have a function to attend afterwards; from there it is an hour long drive home and time for bed so I can be up early enough for my blood work tomorrow. Regardless, I will still put in a 15 minute power-walk tonight. :)
  • missharleychick
    Options
    My day is pretty much over; I work and then have a function to attend afterwards; from there it is an hour long drive home and time for bed so I can be up early enough for my blood work tomorrow. Regardless, I will still put in a 15 minute power-walk tonight. :)

Way to go! Ive been up since 3, there isn't anything more I want than to go to bed and skip my run...but that is not an option.
  • missharleychick
    Options
    Monday's and Thursday's are days off for intense cardio so I will do Jillian's 30 Day Shred tonight and an hour of walking. :)

Nice!
  • Em2je05
    Em2je05 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Today after work I am going to visit my grandma and then I'm going home and doing an insanity workout...no matter how tired or sluggish I am! :)
  • kikarate7
    kikarate7 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Todays Challenge:

Swim 20-30 minutes
    Cycling: 20-30 minutes (or more :grumble: )
  • cricketdc
    cricketdc Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I usually walk/jog the tracks 400 x 8, today I will do 400 x 10.
  • missharleychick
    Options
    I'm excited to see the results and see if everyone at least attempted their challenge!!!! I know I question if I can get 4 miles done in 45 minutes as some of it is uphill, which kills me!!! Its only 5 minutes faster...knowing that others are pushing themselves gives me motivation to push myself! Can't wait to get home and see what I do.... (besides trip over my dog while I am running because she sees another dog... :/)
  • ces79
    ces79 Posts: 13
    Options
    Although the gym at the condo is packed during the evening, I will get on the elliptical for 30 minutes.........maybe more :)
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I've been on a non-workout kick for about 10 days and no matter how much I want to go straight home after work and stuff my face with the delicious dinner that's been slow-cooking all day, I'm going to go to the gym and do:

1) At least 15 minutes cardio
    2) At least 15 minutes weight lifting

HAHA- My reward will be that delicious dinner waiting for me!!! :)
  • missharleychick
    Options
    I've been on a non-workout kick for about 10 days and no matter how much I want to go straight home after work and stuff my face with the delicious dinner that's been slow-cooking all day, I'm going to go to the gym and do:

1) At least 15 minutes cardio
    2) At least 15 minutes weight lifting

HAHA- My reward will be that delicious dinner waiting for me!!! :)

Keep your commitment to yourself! If you do, the dinner won't feel AS guilty. :)
  • missharleychick
    Options
    Although the gym at the condo is packed during the evening, I will get on the elliptical for 30 minutes.........maybe more :)

Isn't it crazy what excuses we give ourselves? Ive done everything from its too cold, my leg\knee hurts (I had an itch) lol, or I have to be in bed by a certain time... We cannot allow ourselves to do that anymore!!!!
  • tinapunch
    tinapunch Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I hit they gym each weekday morning at 5, so my workout is done for the day. Ran 35 min and did about 10-15 min of a leg workout. So.......the challenge for the remainder of today is to NOT eat the little bit of ice cream that is left in our freezer!!

Tomorrow's challenge......an entire hour of cardio!
  • rde8jr
    rde8jr Posts: 34
    Options
    I will do my second set of stairs and my Zumba tonight no matter how tired I am after mowing lawn.
  • junkintrunk5
    junkintrunk5 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Okay, I know this is lame........but I'm too honest, I guess, LOL!
    Thursday night is our "date night" and we usually go to the local establishment for appetizers and beverages

Tonight is my challenge to GO with my hubby and have a wonderful time, because tomorrow I cut out all alcohol and move to a higher protein diet when we start P90X again! Yep, this challenge shouldn't be too hard!!

Tomorrow, 5am run on my treadmill for 20 minutes, then Level 2 of 30DS before work.......Sunday P90X begins:)

Enjoy your night everyone:)
  • junkintrunk5
    junkintrunk5 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Is anyone measuring themselves on the 21st.....then 75 days later? I am, but I was wondering if anyone else will be doing this?
  • missharleychick
    Options
    I hit they gym each weekday morning at 5, so my workout is done for the day. Ran 35 min and did about 10-15 min of a leg workout. So.......the challenge for the remainder of today is to NOT eat the little bit of ice cream that is left in our freezer!!

Tomorrow's challenge......an entire hour of cardio!

Ha Ha, my son asked me to serve him some ice cream yesterday. So when I did, I smelled it. lol I took one bite and then was a good girl. I didn't serve myself any! All I have to do is look at calories and fat, and that is usually enough to put me off.
  • missharleychick
    Options
    Is anyone measuring themselves on the 21st.....then 75 days later? I am, but I was wondering if anyone else will be doing this?

Yes, on Sunday we are all weighing in. I should add that we are recording our measurements too. We will be doing this on a weekly basis, every Sunday!
  • missharleychick
    Options
    Okay, I know this is lame........but I'm too honest, I guess, LOL!
    Thursday night is our "date night" and we usually go to the local establishment for appetizers and beverages

Tonight is my challenge to GO with my hubby and have a wonderful time, because tomorrow I cut out all alcohol and move to a higher protein diet when we start P90X again! Yep, this challenge shouldn't be too hard!!

Tomorrow, 5am run on my treadmill for 20 minutes, then Level 2 of 30DS before work.......Sunday P90X begins:)

Enjoy your night everyone:)

Enjoy Tonight! I am doing P90, today was day 5. There will be other challenges you can enjoy!!!