Everyone's most recent NSV

Options
krc99080
krc99080 Posts: 147 Member
I just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing. I know we're all hoping to lose weight by memorial day. I have 6 more pounds to go to meet my goal weight by then. I believe I can do this.

In this time we're all having victories that are NSV but they aren't talked about enough so here's your chance to share a NSV.

Last I talked about how I dug out smaller jeans but I have a more recent success.

This morning I completed a workout using 8lb weights for the entire workout. I've been starting with 8lb weights and then switching them out to 5lb weights when I can't do it anymore. Today I never found that moment. Sure I was moving slower with the 8lb weights on a few moves but I kept them the entire time I needed weights! Just one way to measure that I'm getting stronger.

Weight is just one measure of success. On this journey there are so many other exciting moments.

Replies

• melissalanggin
    melissalanggin Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My NSV was finishing my Day 2 of Couchto5K with out even a feeling like dying... I am finishing up my week tonight and I really want to hit it hard .... MY NSV for sure is better stamina on cardio :)

Great group discussion.. It really helps us notice other things besides the scale

(6lb by memorial day is totally doable krc99080.. mine was 240 but I will be happy if I get below 245)
  • Helen_Luvnlife
    Helen_Luvnlife Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    My weight loss has not been going well, but I had a huge NSV! I went to the Dr for my yearly physical. He was extremely impressed with my progress. I have lost over 50 lbs since my last visit. And my tests showed a lot of imptovement. Two years ago I was on 2 blood pressure medications. He wants me to try just half a pill now. He also cut my meds in half for insulin resistance. I have never had high cholesterol for some reason but it was borderline, even it has come down a lot. The Dr said at the present level I am at minimum risk for heart disease. My hard work is paying off.
  • krc99080
    krc99080 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My weight loss has not been going well, but I had a huge NSV! I went to the Dr for my yearly physical. He was extremely impressed with my progress. I have lost over 50 lbs since my last visit. And my tests showed a lot of imptovement. Two years ago I was on 2 blood pressure medications. He wants me to try just half a pill now. He also cut my meds in half for insulin resistance. I have never had high cholesterol for some reason but it was borderline, even it has come down a lot. The Dr said at the present level I am at minimum risk for heart disease. My hard work is paying off.

Very impressive! Congrats. That's a huge accomplishment. It's one of the main reasons we should be doing this - to get healthier.
  • aefallis
    aefallis Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I finished the first day of couch to 5k today. It went so much better than I figured it would and even got my 3 and 6 year old involved. That helped a bunch! Also managed to track everything I ate today and still have a couple hundred for a snack. So happy! If I can keep it up for a couple days I know I can get back on track.
  • melissalanggin
    melissalanggin Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I finished the first day of couch to 5k today. It went so much better than I figured it would and even got my 3 and 6 year old involved. That helped a bunch! Also managed to track everything I ate today and still have a couple hundred for a snack. So happy! If I can keep it up for a couple days I know I can get back on track.

So happy for you :)

I am supposed to do my couch to 5K today but I may be stuck on the couch with my lil one (he is way beyond blocked up and is in alot of pain)
  • aefallis
    aefallis Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Awh :( Poor baby. Hope he gets relief soon! My middle 2 have had a lot of issues with that. Definitely not fun.
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    As of the past few days, I fit in my size 12 pants. I haven't been a size 12 in such a long time!